Coptic Life in america??

Comments

• yea, it's very common among hispanics to call their kids Jesus, but I think that is the only culture that has that.
  • I don't know why it's bad, but I think it might have something to do with the fact that there is only one Jesus Christ, and only one God. And if you name your child Jesus, then you are making him equal to God. Also, I'm just guessing all this by the way, but if you yell at your child, and his name is Jesus, it would kind of sound weird. "Jesus, stop that right now." You know what I mean?
  • yes the name Jesus is common in spanish culture
    our church soooo does not allow it and u also cannot call a child emanual i forgot the reason but anba benyamin told us its wrong coz mi relative has that name(emanuel) yeh so our church does not accept that ... but emanuel noone noes u cant call that name
    yeh bye coz im at skool agen
    lol
  • i know lots of people with the name emmanuel who r coptic
  • emmanuel means "our savior" or something, plz correct me, so it wrong to call some one that.
  • acctually i think ur rite...
    we need a proffessional!!!
  • 'Behold,a virgin shall be with child, and bear a Son, and they shall call His name Immanuel," which is translated, "God with us." Matthew 1:23
  • Matthew 1:23
    "The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel"[ 1:23 Isaiah 7:14] –which means, "God with us."

hope that is proffesional enough for u ;)
  • Lol, we typed the same thing at the same time. High five LostEgPrincess. ;D
  • lol yeh true LordHaveMercy and LostEgPrincess
    yeh and i dont no that Jesus(the name)has a meaning?? anyone no??
    ok GBU all
  • "And she will bring forth a Son, and you shall call His name Jesus, for He will save His people from their sins." Matthew 1:21.

I'm guessing that this means Jesus means saviour, I've heard the meaning before, but I forgot. :-\
  • u guys know that Jesus is translated Joshua rite?
  • its joshua? i thought it was yashoo3

• Im wondering to what happens now. A large percentage
    of guys have no idea about any religeon, they also repeat
    what they hear from different kind of people.
    Since they hear there are many mouslems in
    Egypt, then everyone they meet is mouslem
    They need some help to let them know, and we
    must be cautious to be the light of our Lord
    Jesus Christ, to tell them we are Christians.
  • [quote author=markbotros link=board=1;threadid=276;start=135#msg10750 date=1094538739]

Im wondering to what happens now. A large percentage
    of guys have no idea about any religeon, they also repeat
    what they hear from different kind of people.
    Since they hear there are many mouslems in
    Egypt, then everyone they meet is mouslem
    They need some help to let them know, and we
    must be cautious to be the light of our Lord
    Jesus Christ, to tell them we are Christians.

huh? im lost! (again)
  • [quote author=LordHaveMercy link=board=1;threadid=276;start=135#msg10710 date=1094521723]
    Lol, we typed the same thing at the same time. High five LostEgPrincess. ;D

great minds think alike ;)
  • wow....we've used 11 pages....thats so kewl, lolx

GOD BLESS ALL! :-*
  • wats the record???
  • o wow, i wouldnt kno, lolx
    i just joined lyk 2wks ago....u should knoww...seems like u've been around this site 4 a looong time...

• yeh G.J.I u shold no ....
    that means 11 pages dedicated to america ....maybe G.J.I cold make another post about how much he loves australia...lol
    then thated be cool ....aww we can make a post sain 'australia vs america ' den we cold write all the cool stuff..sum it up then see witch is the best...actually that wold be sooooo interesting yeh
    ill do it if u guys agree to creatin a new post
    yay

• Thanks to all who wrote here, but I do'nt know the meaning of
    im lost. you never be lost till you are in the careof our Lord
    Jesus Christ and the prayers HIS Mother ST: Mary and all the angles and Saints.
  • its joshua? i thought it was yashoo3

You were close! It's YESHUA.
  • yeah but thats translated joshua, in english
  • yeah but thats translated joshua, in english

Actually "JESUS" is the english translation of the name YESHUA.Some people have used the word "Joshua",but that is incorrect as the first letter "J" is really "y" in the Hebrew and Arameac.People also do the same with the Name of Yhwh when they call God Jehovah.In the Hebrew it is Y not J.Many think the Holy Name of God should be pronounced YaHWaH but we cannot be 100% sure since the Hebrew language does not use vowels.The name Yeshua literally means YaHWaY-saves.

I do not mean to argue or to be contentious but only to share knowledge.You can verify what I am saying by searching the internet.I am interested in learning what the name of Jesus is in Coptic{egyptian}.Could someone please tell me?
  • wow thanx heaps for clearing that up, i was alwaz told Joshua, must be a common misconception...thnx ;)
    Jesus in coptic = Ieesos
    its hard to write in english letters howeva.
    pronounced "ii-sos"
    thnx again buddy
  • [quote author=$herry link=board=1;threadid=276;start=150#msg10857 date=1094612574]
    yeh G.J.I u shold no ....
    that means 11 pages dedicated to america ....maybe G.J.I cold make another post about how much he loves australia...lol
    then thated be cool ....aww we can make a post sain 'australia vs america ' den we cold write all the cool stuff..sum it up then see witch is the best...actually that wold be sooooo interesting yeh
    ill do it if u guys agree to creatin a new post
    yay

great idea, however were slighty out numbered there are over 5000 members so im guessing were out numbered 5000 to 7
  • how do u say christ in hebrew, or is that already hebrew??
    if so wat is it in english??
    Christ = Pikherestos in Coptic

u know "YESHUA" is close to jesus in arabic "YASUA", wen i watched the passion of the christ i was suprised to find that i understood some of wat they were saying, like some was arabic, or very close to that, why is that??
    i thought it was in Arameac.
    is that similar to arabic??
  • lol, yeah i noticed that too, i heard them say "talateen" to Jude and a lot of other words i cant remember rite now, but aramaic is some hebrew dialect (not sure bout this) and hebrew is kinda close to arabic...
  • i liked the latin too, caus i take latin at school, i actually understood some of the things they were saying, pilate's wife: sanctus est, (he's holy), yup i remember that one :D
  • yeaaaaa they said "äbba"which is father.....Isn't aramaic the original spoken language of Jesus and hish disciples? ???