Coptic Life in america??

Comments

• http://coptichymns.net:8010/listen.pls

Guys, this is a link to listen to live Liturgies and Praises

God Bless

defender
  • Thanks defender. Slightly random...but thanks. ;D

- Chris
  • No Problem. By the way, how come the forums are like dead now no new topics at all??

Oh hey what do u mean by slightly random??
    defender
  • lol I was just commenting on how you posted that link, even though its a discussion on Coptic Life in America. Whatever, its all good. ;D

Praise is due to you, O God: in Zion and Jerusalem: They send to You: prayers unto the ages.
    - Chris
  • OH LOL, it's all good man, so where do u live banoub?

defender
  • I live on Long Island in New York. LI is supposedly the safest place in all America...but I was just mugged the other day. So I don't know how great the stats are. lol. now I'm being random.

The one thing that really gets me offended over here is when people call me "Arab". Maybe its just me, but I view "Arab" as Muslim, and I'm not muslim. So when people call me "Arab" I tell them to call me Egyptian because I am a Copt...a descendant of the ancient egyptians, not the Arabs who invaded my country.

You are the sweetness of the fruits: You are the movement of the branches: You are the flower of the trees: growing in the land of the lilies.

- Chris
  • I think the same exact thing and I get so annoyed at my muslim friends in Egypt when they say ur arabic coz they know that I always reply saying I shall never be an arab, maybe I speak the language but I'm not an Arab. Even though Arabs are the decendants of Abraham. but we are his decendants through the Spirit.

defender
  • minrew dude, was was kinda saying that in a semi-serious way, like i meant it but it was supose to be overly dramatic, sorry man i should been more clear, it my fault ;)

Defender dude, u must have soooooooooooooo much free time on ur hands, how old are u dude, look at ur post man, u overtook me in a week...

but thats of the topic, i wann hear more about coptic life aroumd the world???
  • LOL! G.J.I. looks like some1s jealous, no jk, well, when I'm done the stuff I need to do, I go on tasbeha.org. Esp. This week because the other people in the class went to Memphis so we have the whole week homework-free, well talk to ya l8er dude

Defender
  • you guys...we face the same problems all over the world, from china to australia to america
    not that im saying we have asian copts.. but hey, who knows?! lol
    anywayz, the facts are we speak the aribac language even thought it is definatly not our language, but it expresses the past 1400 years of our churchs history
    and even though people accuse us of being arabs and muslims etc, we all know we must show our christian values and morals, and if we're really christians, explain to them who we are... this way, ppl dont get confused
    i put up with explainign the same exact thing to this one kidd 3x in one week cause he didnt understnad that i was chrisian...
    God Bless Everyone!

[move]Patience Is A Virtue[/move]
    (so is persistance)
  • Remember,

Consistance breaks resistance, and doesn't mean we are not known now that we give up, in fact when we will be known we should be known for our values and good attitude...

Defender
  • how does consistance break persistance? that made absolutely no sense to me... if anything.. consistance implies persistance.
  • What I meant is by consistantly trying to explain that ur Christian and not muslim, u shall break their risistance of not understanding, consistance will let them, at some point, understand

do u get it now??

Defender
  • I can see where you would conceive that idea, however, that clearly isn’t the case if I can explain to a person 100 times that I’m not Muslim and they still have the impression that I am.
  • I understand what u mean but consider that it somewhat breaks resistance, at least to a progressive point.

Defender
  • Random Thought

Christian=Of Christ or follower of Christ.

Christ came and told the Jews "I am the Messiah".
    They said "No You're not".
    He said "I am here to save you."
    They said "Crucify Him." [because they still thought He wasn't the Messiah].

He did miracles and healed and cured people, and again said "I am the Messiah."

They said "It's the devil using magic." [remember Belzabbub]

so yeah, notice a pattern from back then to today?

It's all part of the job [being of Christ]
  • sms their are acctualy asian copts, i got some in my church, not many but some, theres know a church in thailand, and japan, and singapore... were spreading :)
  • yep..i got 3 in my church too.
  • wow... awesome
    i never knew that
    haha lol
    most asians r atheists, so thats awesome we're getting bigger... :D
  • Hey do you guys think that there is some Coptic Underground Churches in China??

Defender
  • not yet, we havent expanded to china yet cause preaching christianity there is outlawed, and u could be put in prision for like 10 years...

and guys i must saythe numba of atheists is growing, at my skool, more and more ppl have been denying Christ, and their sooo stuborn and hard hearted that u cant preach to them, ive tried everything, all i can do is pray for them, but theres no change.

i feel sorry for them cause they havent tasted Gods sweetness, they dont know about the eternal life that the followers of god, the true christians will inherit, they think that earth is there paradise, and theres nothing after it, thats why they r very immoral people cause they dont know right and wrong, they have no princples and beliefs.

lets all this week remember our brothers who are atheists, or even just away from the church in our prayers, let us ask God to have mercy on them and open up thier hearts so that thay can taste hes sweetness, and so that Jesus' death on the cross wouldnt be for nothing...
    lets all make this deal to remember our misguided brothers and sisters.
    whos with me on this...
  • i know what you mean G.J.I.
    i have a friend and classmate at skool who is aethiest, although her parents are catholic. when we got into the discussion about religion, she said that the main reason she is aethiest is because she doesnt like the limits that religion puts on people. i was sorta confused, if u know wat i mean. she hates the fact that religion(Christinaity) does not allow homosexuals, abortion, etc.
    another time, i was looking at the pics of the saints i had, and she saw them and asked. i started talking to her about them, and mind u i had about 20 saint pictures in my purse (u dont want to know how heavy my purse is. lol) and inside i was praying that God would open her heart that she may see his light. i think that influenced her a little, but she really hasnt changed her views
  • I know what you both mean, couple of days ago, me and wfhanna1 were talking to a girl on msn that declares she's a god, and thinks that God is not real..

It's so sad to see people like that, especially when the develop because their parents are very strict so the rip apart with the ropes they put on them...

Defender
  • hey princess ;)
    i think the word ur lookin for is agnostic,
    ihas 2 meanings
    1. the dictionary meaning, one that doesnt know wat to believe in
    2. the true meaning, one knows God exists, but doesnt want to live with the limits of being christian...
    George
  • Smart G.J.I.....lol

Defender
  • yeah pretty good for a gemuza with mad cow disease...
  • u guys didnt tell me if u have church on sundays, prayer meetings, sunday skool??
    stuff like that...
  • lol of course theres church on sunday & sunday, youth meetings n fridays, n depending on ur church liturgy on wedn. and at my church we have prayer meetings on wedn too...how bout u guys?
  • G.J.I., in Us there's a Monastery. I mean they do everything like in Egypt except that they replace Arabic with English.....

In Canada (Winnipeg) we also have the same thing and we have a Liturgy every Wedesday morning to 6-8 am, I wish I woulg go that on a basis but I can't because not always do I found some1 wiling to drive me to school coz it's like in a very complicated area.....

Defender
  • G.J.I.
    Everything done in Australia is done here in America. lol. You sound like we are from another planet. American people are hedonistic and corrupt, but that does not mean the American dream is hedonistic and corrupt. People abuse our complete freedom here and do many many many strange things, but with the good we must learn to accept the bad. America is also on Mother Earth. lol. In the monastery however, Arabic is not completely replaced by English as Defender stated in his earlier post. Arabic, Coptic, and English are all used in St. Anthony Monastery in California (I am sure it is the same in almost all churches over in Australia). We are no different because we live across the world from you.
    It was interesting to learn however how other people from other countries view Americans. I don't mean this in an offensive way. We all have different cultures and different ways, but Coptic is Coptic all over the world - that is what makes our religion so special. The three languages we use in our Church is used in all the churches all over the world (possibly English as an exception over in Egypt).

We are all brothers through our Holy Father, His Only Begotten Son, Christ our Savior, and the Grace of the Holy Spirit.
    - Chris