Coptic Life in america??

Comments

• my friend i experiance it all in the australia...
    i know what u mean, but ur so lucky u have a cross on ur hand ive alwaz wanted 1...
  • :DOMG! I know exactly what you mean Magnoona. I've been with the smae class for 5 years now and they still think that Egypt consists of only dirt. They're always wondering if we have cars, and if we have houses made of sand. They don't understand how we play sports on nothing but sand. And the cross thing. OMG!! I got like millions of billions of trillions of questions on it. At least now they know I'm not Muslim. Well at least the girls know that. Actually they think Orthodoxy is pretty brutal because of all the fasting we have to do. The guys think our idea of fun is climbing pyraminds. It's soo funny. The teachers are pretty cool though. I mean they understand the fact that I'm Christian and know my holidays. But the kids, wow, the tatoo thing got me a lot of questions. After 5 years some still like to ask. ???

God Bless Guys!
  • wow u guys r soo lucky i feel so deprived, ive alwaz wanted a cross on my hand eva since i was a kid, not for fashsion purposes but just as not only a sign of my belief as ppl think that all egyptians here are muslims, but to have a cross on ur hand in everything u write, eg. EXAMZ, contracts, and i just really like the idea, howeva i feel like today its lost its significants...
  • Its ok guys, just because u dont have a tatto doesnt make u any less of those who do have it....trust me, a lot of orthodox ppl have it but they don't kno the meaning of it or even portray their religion. Its better not to have one and walk in the way of Christ than to have one and walk in the way of Evil. Mwah :-*!

GOD BLESS ALL!
  • wow words of wisdom!!
    thnx u made me feel less deprived ;)
    i also have neva seen snow, can u make me feel betta bout that too??
    ;)
  • I've never seen snow too, so dont feel "deprived"
  • but dont u guys have a white christmas ova there???
    thnx it does make me feel betta ;)
  • um..The U.S. is huge, so "there" does not mean anything to me, cuz in alot of places it snows, just not where I am. And I'm glad u feel better
  • Snow? Oh wow, I'm sorry to say I cant help u out here :( but u kno u shouldnt feel so bad bcua although snow so so beatiful to look at, its sometimes real harmful....lyk wen it snows real hard which is a lot of the time, skewl gets closed and we have 2 make the days up in the end of the year, sum people get stuck in their homes for days, sum cars get buried and die, and wen the snow melts, 4get it....its so bad that sum places even flood in jersey....so c, dont feel too bad...it might be pretty, but not that pretty, lolx

GOD BLESS ALL! :-*
  • u get to misss out on skool and u think thats harmful!!!

wats snow taste like??
  • wow i never knew the bad side about snow
    i thought it was great stuff were u can have a lota fun that would be priceleess??is that true ....ok i donn tjink so n e more... exciting stuff eh...and wat is the snow like there??huh i'd like to no coz i always wanted to go..
  • ey, we have snow here too sometimes :D

but we don't have it in large amounts, so it's just fun to play with, it tastes like..uhm water of course lol. But it poluted sometimes so it kinda tastes a bit salty or well i dont know....come her sometime and taste it urself ;)
  • heyy great stuf matt
    so do u lik shuuvvv in som snow wen u hungry???
    wow interesting mann
    ok ill come and c 4 mi self one day.....
  • Well, I love snow, but it does get annoying sometimes, because the days we get off from school are added to the end of the year, which sucks. And because of snow a lot of people get in accidents, you don't even understand how many. So although it's really fun to play with, it's also very harmful. You'll get sick of it at one point. Oh by the way, snow tastes really good to me. Well it tastes like water , but when you put like jello powder on it, it tastes soo good. Don't worry though you're not missing much, you can always buy a slushy or play with water oin the summer, but you can't get back a life you lost because of snow. Just think of it that way.

Buh byez ;D!!!!
  • lol, it really isnt good stuff if ur hungry, more when ur thirsty, but when the weather is soo cold that snow falls, ur probably more concerned with drinking something that could warm u up instead of freeze u even more...but ur more than welcome to come and try it ;D
  • coool im fascinated mann and thanks 4 those tips ;)
    but dont u all lik skool ..i onli lik it if im in a good normal mood coz wen u get 2 holidais there aint nutin 2 do but wait 4 skool...
  • Well I'm from Southern California and i have encountered some really ignorant and racist ppl (this is more as you go inland like Barstow and Bakersfield) but if you are more the coast like anywhere from the Orange County (O.C.) to Riverside its very easy.
    You explain you are Christian and then you try to explain about being Coptic. They dont always catch all the Coptic Orthodox stuff and you might have to use comparisons with the Russian and Greek Orthodox Churches which are much more prominent around her. But still they understand that you are not muslim and that you believe in Christ.
    I have really not had problems once i talked to the person.
  • Dont get me started about people who don't understand i'm a Christian. Seriously, there's people i know for years now, who still think when i start a fast, its Ramadam lol, even if it's like in the middle of the summer. Ignorance...sigh, what can we do about it :-\
  • and oh yeah, Helio, welcome to this site, this was ur first post ;)
  • Yeah, welcome Helio. :D By the way, is your name short for Heliopolis or is that just a coincidence?
  • yea acually snow has its bad effects, but its all good....and to be honest I hate it wen they close the skewls bcuz we end up making them @ the end of the yr which takes up more time from our summer, so sometimes its a load!

• talk about ironny, i was complianing bout neva seein snow, now my house is covered in ice, we just had a hugh hail storm ova here, not exactly snow, but ive neva seen hail storm this bad, ice cubes are fallin outa the sky, gr8 our car is out side as well,

thank God though were goin through a drought so all this water will do some good, esspeiceally wen the ice melts, God is Great...

• u know G.J.I. i hate snow! i walk to school so, ive had my instances where i almost fell and broke somethink, but thank God i didnt. trust me, ur not missing out on anythign
  • wow things can get soo fascinating
    that hail last nite was bad to us and probly nofin to u guys??!
    yeh and now its the maddest wether and all ....soo sunny yet cold ...
    and i don think we missin out on anything but now i would like to go to the snow 4 like a dai coz i wanna hav fun wid snow coz i hope its fun??!?
    ok
    hey i was watchin t.v and i saw a yellow skool bus ...i thought the yellow busses arnt real coz i see it on the simpsons but i got too excited far out
    a yellow schoooll bus ....r they for skool onli???
    ok lol i think i over exagerated ;) oops
  • LOL. yea, the yellow busses are for school only. well, at least I havent seen any other ones.
  • Lol. Sorry to go off the topic of going off topic, but I had a question and I didn't want to open a new thread for it. Someone asked me if it was wrong to name your child Jesus and I didn't know the answer, does anyone know if it is or not?
  • yeah its haram.
    ive asked that b4 too
    its not suppose to be done
  • Oh ok, thanks.
  • Can you touch snow with your hands or is it as cold as liquid nitrogen?
  • i have no idea in the world wut liquid nitrogen is (i'm stoopid and I'm aloud bcuz skewl didnt start yet) but yes u can touch snow with your hands, but sometimes if ur not wearing a glove and u just hold it for a long time u mite get frost bitten....

o and y is it bad 2 name a kid jesus? I kno a lot of spanish ppl named jesus....and i feel weird calling their names ....but yeah y is it bad, ??