it might touch your heart!

Comments

• ya..stories and peoms..! ;D

GBU
    sandra
  • AN ATHEIST IN THE WOODS

An atheist was walking through the woods. "What majestic trees"! "What powerful rivers"! "What beautiful animals"! He said to himself.

As he was walking alongside the river, he heard a rustling in the bushes behind him. He turned to look. He saw a 7-foot grizzly charge towards him. He ran as fast as he could up the path. He looked over his shoulder & saw that the bear was closing in on him.

He looked over his shoulder again, & the bear was even closer. He tripped & fell on the ground. He rolled over to pick himself up but saw that the bear was right on top of him, reaching for him with his left paw & raising his right paw to strike him.

At that instant the Atheist cried out, "Oh my God!" Time Stopped. The bear froze. The forest was silent. As a bright light shone upon the man, a voice came out of the sky.

"You deny my existence for all these years, teach others I don't exist and even credit creation to cosmic accident." "Do you expect me to help you out of this predicament? Am I to count you as a believer"?

The atheist looked directly into the light, "It would be hypocritical of me to suddenly ask You to treat me as a Christian now, but perhaps You could make the BEAR a Christian"?

"Very Well," said the voice.

The light went out. The sounds of the forest resumed. And the bear dropped his right paw, brought both paws together, bowed his head & spoke: "Lord bless this food, which I am about to receive from thy bounty through Christ our Lord, Amen."

;D Sort of funny and educational at the same time, I think.
  • that is sooooooooooooooooo funny :P :P :P ;D ;D
  • I got this story from my friend, and I would just like to spread this around, and with the thanks to my friend!

This story is so precious, I love it so much, I had to pass it around, so everyone can take the great pride that this story has!

Don't let your day go on without reading this first, no matter how
    busy you may be!!!

[glow=red,2,300]The Pink Dress[/glow]

There was this little girl sitting by herself in the park.

Everyone passed by her and never stopped to see why she looked so sad.

Dressed in a worn pink dress, barefoot and dirty, the girl just sat and watched the people go by.

She never tried to speak.

She never said a word.

Many people passed by her, but no one would stop.

The next day I decided to go back to the park in curiosity to see if
    the little girl would still be there.

Yes, she was there, right in the very spot where she was
    yesterday, and still with the same sad look in her eyes.

Today I was to make my own move and walk over to the little girl.

For as we all know, a park full of strange people is not a place for
    young children to play alone.

As I got closer I could see the back of the little girl's dress.

It was grotesquely shaped.

I figured that was the reason people just passed by and made no effort
    to speak to her.

Deformities are a low blow to our society and, heaven forbid if you
    make a step toward assisting someone who is different.

As I got closer, the little girl lowered her eyes slightly to avoid my
    intent stare.

As I approached her, I could see the shape of her back more clearly.

She was grotesquely shaped in a humped over form.

I smiled to let her know it was OK; I was there to help, to talk.

I sat down beside her and opened with a simple, "Hello."

The little girl acted shocked, and stammered a "hi"; after a long stare
    into my eyes.

I smiled and she shyly smiled back.

We talked until darkness fell and the park was completely empty.

I asked the girl why she was so sad.

The little girl looked at me with a sad face said, "Because, I'm
    different."

I immediately said, "That you are!"; and smiled.

The little girl acted even sadder and said, "I know."

"Little girl," I said, "you remind me of an angel, sweet and innocent."

She looked at me and smiled, then slowly she got to her feet and said,
    "Really?"
    "Yes, you're like a little Guardian Angel sent to watch
    over all people walking by."

She nodded her head yes, and smiled.

With that she opened the back of her pink dress and allowed her wings
    to spread, then she said "I am."

"I'm your Guardian Angel," with a twinkle in her eye.

I was speechless -- sure I was seeing things.

She said, "For once you thought of someone other than yourself. My job
    here is done".

I got to my feet and said, "Wait, why did no one stop to help an
    angel?"

She looked at me, smiled, and said, "You're the only one that could see me," and then she was gone.

And with that, my life was changed dramatically.

So, when you think you're all you have, remember, your angel is always watching over you.

Pass this to everyone that means anything at all to you.

Make sure you send it back to the person who sent it to you, to
    let them know you're glad they care about you.

Like the story says, we all need someone...

And, every one of your friends is an Angel in their own way.

The value of a friend is measured in the heart.

I hope your Guardian Angel watches over you always.

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • OMG! I love it!!, thanks for sharing Coptic Servent!
  • Anytime Glad you enjoyed it! I thank my friends for this email, it means a lot to me!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • [quote author=Elitew link=board=13;threadid=2366;start=180#msg50147 date=1142627573]

AN ATHEIST IN THE WOODS

An atheist was walking through the woods. "What majestic trees"! "What powerful rivers"! "What beautiful animals"! He said to himself.

As he was walking alongside the river, he heard a rustling in the bushes behind him. He turned to look. He saw a 7-foot grizzly charge towards him. He ran as fast as he could up the path. He looked over his shoulder & saw that the bear was closing in on him.

He looked over his shoulder again, & the bear was even closer. He tripped & fell on the ground. He rolled over to pick himself up but saw that the bear was right on top of him, reaching for him with his left paw & raising his right paw to strike him.

At that instant the Atheist cried out, "Oh my God!" Time Stopped. The bear froze. The forest was silent. As a bright light shone upon the man, a voice came out of the sky.

"You deny my existence for all these years, teach others I don't exist and even credit creation to cosmic accident." "Do you expect me to help you out of this predicament? Am I to count you as a believer"?

The atheist looked directly into the light, "It would be hypocritical of me to suddenly ask You to treat me as a Christian now, but perhaps You could make the BEAR a Christian"?

"Very Well," said the voice.

The light went out. The sounds of the forest resumed. And the bear dropped his right paw, brought both paws together, bowed his head & spoke: "Lord bless this food, which I am about to receive from thy bounty through Christ our Lord, Amen."

;D Sort of funny and educational at the same time, I think.

lol...very nice..n funny
  • are we sharing stories cause i have quite a few.

love lots,
    CopticChica21
  • CopticChica21, you can post all you want, just make sure they are appropriate for this website thank you, as long as we recieve them we are sharing and happy we get to read them!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • thanks for letting me know.

love lots,
    CopticChica21
  • http://www.marypages.com/NiceStories.htm

Go to that. It has all the stories that I love. Read all of them.

love lots,
    CopticChica21
  • I love it CopticChica21, thanks!

Here is another one: The Interview with God
  • Glad you liked it. Thank you too.

love lots,
    CopticChica21
  • MY LIFE:

Contuning on after the loss I myself was lost,with nobody to talk to,nobody to help me out.I was all alone.I kept crying and crying every night I would run to my bed crying out all that i could.My heart was empty,nothing was inside.I felt that god was mad at me he wanted me to suffer like this.I then decided a big descision that I would kill myself.Nobody cares right??Who would even notice??Two weeks later after the death it was time.I woke up at 3:00 in the morning,sneaking into the kitchen I went for the knife and quickly grabbed it and went to my room.I then stood there,the knife facing towards my wrist.I got ready then I looked around my room quickly,around me the pictures of my savior jesus and saint mary and the saint i loved pope kirilios.Pictures everywhere in my room.I knew that if i did this that I would be doing a sin.I fell to the ground hard crying.I looked at my wrist and blood was pouring in two different places.I hurt myself emotionly and phisically.I cried in pain and for my loss at the same time.I knew that i was just going to die any minute know.

I'M SO LUCKY:

I'm so lucky.My dark past is behind me now.As bad as it was,I knew that even back then,in the fina analysis in my lway of life would be up to me.I made a promise to myself that if i came out of my sitution alive i had to make something of myself.I would be the best person I could be today.I made sure that I let go of my past,accepting the past,for what has happened,has happened,what was done,was done,what was lost,was unfortunley was lost badly.I knew that the black hole was waiting for me,waiting to come and take my life away,those good memories my happy and sad moments.I continued to be the person,being the person you want me to be,being the strong person you want me to be.Letting you be proud of me,I promised myself that I would be strong,be tough and not letting people run over me all the time.The reason why for this promise you ask??I did this promise so that you can see me and that you can be proud of me.I knew that you will see me,seeing of what i have acomplished.

I'M SO BLESSED:

I'm so blessed.The challenges of my life and my past have made me immensly strong inside.I adapted quickly,learning how to survive from a bad sitution of a fight, or a loss of a friend.I learned the secret of internal motivation.My experince of my loo,hard times,fights,sad moments,helped me to continue to go and be a little girl soilder who kept falling and got back up and continued to try again.My experinces gave me a whole different outlook on life,that others may never know.I have a vast apprecaition for thing that the others may take for granted.Along the way I made some mistakes,but i was fortunate enough to bounce back.Instead of dwelling in the past,I maintained the same focus that i had taught myself years ago in my room and on my bed,crying and pouring out my tears for the person i loved with all of my heart and soul,who was now gone and not coming back ever again.Staying as strong as i can,I knew that the good and merciful lord jesus was right by me on my bed.Putting his strong right hand on my shoulder,crying just like me,the lord had tears down his face and said to me in a beutiful voice that you will be strong and im here to watch over you.Giving me the encouragement and streangh when i needed it the most.My blessings also mean to have the oppurtunity to meet so many new people who had a postive impact on my life.The endless sea of faces,prodding me,teaching me to make the right choices,and helping me in my quest for success.They encouraged me to continue on with my life to have a strong body,to continue fighting my battles,and to open up my heart so that God can come and help and save me of course.My fights continued and fighting to be strong,be a soilder,survivor,one of gods warriorrs.My past was a huge obstacle and i fell many times but was tough enough to get back up and try again.Between the years 1994-1997 I was lost in my own maze.The year 1995 was where I cried my heart out soooooo badly that it was soo painful to me.But im still here I am now 14 years old a girl with a big mind and a big heart that has seen the worst.My cuts from my left arm are still there and they will always be there to remeber the loss i had for my friend and trying to kill myself.Im ready now for any battles,fights,hard times that the lord will give me.Im strong and I have friends to back me up to give me the hugs that i need and everything for me to succeed.Im thankful to have all of you each one of you,you each blessed my life,and it brings joy to my heart!!

INSIDE ALL OF US WE ARE ALL STRONG AND SOILDERS.WE ARE ALL FIGHTING BATTLES EVERYDAY.ONE OF MY GOOD FRIENDS TOLD ME,''MARY,THE BEST THING TO DO IS TO PRAY.''AND THATS WHAT ILL DO BECAUSE IT IS THE BEST THING I CAN DO.

ONLY THE STRONG SURVIVE.ONLY THE STRONG WIN.ONLY THE STRONG ARE SOILDERS.

YES THIS IS ALL TRUE AND IT IS HAPPENING TO ME AGAIN AND AGAIN.ATTACHED ARE THE PICTURES THAT ARE STILL IN MY ROOM SINCE I TRIED TO KILL MYSELF.I STILL HAVE THEM AND EACH ONE MAKES ME SMILE AND FELL BETTER.

• i dont know if u all read this or not.i loke this alot.mary

One Day

<<One day, I passed by a poor fellow,

<<I asked him what his name was, he didn't answer

<<He had 3 signs next to him,

<<He pointed to the first sign, it read--"My name is Michael"

<<He pointed to the second sign, it read--"I can't hear and can't speak"

<<He pointed to the third sign, it read--"I wish for God to let me hear and speak like everyone else"

<<He would also have paper and pencils next to him, so he can write to people that visit him once in a while!

<<Than he pointed to the sky, and than give me a smile, it was one of those smiles that had great emotion!

<<He had a bed sheet, that he slept on, and a wool blanket the fit him, to cover him, and had a glass of water next to him, that looked like it was very old, so I came by the next day, and brought Michael a clean glass of water, and had a sign that read--"would you like to come with me to the park to play"

<<He wrote, "yes, please"

<<Than he got up, I saw that his shirt was torn up and his pants weren't very clean"

<<I took him to the park, and I brought my football, basketball, soccerball, and volleyball

<<He brought his paper and pencils with too, than I wrote to him, "what game would you like to play
    first?"

<<He wrote, "soccer"

<<So we played soccer, than football, and than basketball, than he wrote, "I am tired"

<<I wrote, "How about you come home with me tonight?"

<<He wrote, "Sure, if your parents don't mind"

<<I wrote, "Don't worry you can sleep on my bed, and I'll sleep in my sleeping bag"

<<He gave me a GREAT smile!

<<The next day, I woke Michael up, and wrote, "we are going to eat breakfast"

<<He came to the eating table, and didn't even wash his hands

<<I wrote, "come with me" he followed

<<I took him to my room first, gave him some clothes to borrow, and than took him to the bathroom, and
    made him change and showed him how to wash his hands, he came out, and he showed me something,
    he gave me a picture, I saw it, and he wrote "this is my family"

<<I smiled and wrote, "where are they now?"

<<He pointed to the sky, he had a mom and dad, and 1 sister, he wrote down his sister's name and
    where she was, "my sister was my best friend, her name was Marina, and she was an angel, she would
    teach me, and she was the one that taught me how to write, now I think she is being raised up at my
    aunt's and uncle's.

<<I wrote, "do you know the names of your aunt and uncle?"

<<He wrote, "yes, Mary Youssef and John Youssef"

<<I gave him a smile!

<<The next day, it was Sunday, I would go to the liturgy, and I asked Michael, "Have you ever been to
    church before?"

<<He wrote, "yes, I am coptic christian like you"

<<I gave him a smile!

<<He would follow along with the deacons and Abouna as we sang and someone would point to where we
    are, but he dressed up casually this time, and I let him borrow my Sunday clothes, he wrote, "I can't
    keep borrowing from you clothes, I think God is telling me that I need to get my own"

<<I wrote, "How about we go shopping, tomorrow"

<<He wrote, "Sure, thank you very much"

<<That night me and Michael prayed, he wrote down something and I would say it, but what was most
    frequent line he wrote was, "PLEASE GOD, please please let me hear and speak, like everyone else" he kept on pointing to the same paper for many times.

<<The next day I woke up and heard someone talking, I took a glimpse, and then I saw Michael praying, I
    actually heard him, WOW, I thought to himself

<<I told Michael, "I CAN ACTUALLY speak to you? Can you hear me?"

<<Michael said, "Stephen, I can actually speak now, God made a miracle to me and it HAPPENED"

<<"Before I slept, I called your aunt Mary and uncle John, they had Marina over, Michael I have their address right here."

<<"Stephen, oh my, THANK YOU, I owe you, you are my best friend in the world, would you please come
    with me to meet my aunt and uncle and my sister?"

<<"I don't know Michael, are you sure I should?"

<<"Of course, you are my brother"

<< "Michael you are truely my brother too, I am the only child, and you are exactly as a brother is to me!"

That after noon..............................

<Knock, Knock>

<<"Aunt Mary, Uncle John, hello?"

<<Aunt Mary and Uncle John, didn't recognize Michael's voice

<Opening Door>

<<Aunt Mary and Uncle John, had this bright smile on their face, they can't believe their eyes when they saw their nephew speaking for the first time, because Michael was deaf and dumb(can't speak)

<<There was Marina, couldn't see her eyes, she saw her brother for the first time in a long time!

<<Aunt Mary and Uncle John told us to come sit down

<<Than Michael talked about his experiences on the street, and than brought up the point when he met me, and how I took him into our house, and let him sleep over for a couple of days, than everyone smiled and Aunt Mary and Uncle John thanked me, and than Marina, hugged Michael, and was very happy and starting bringing down happy tears

<<She told Michael she was all done with college, but Michael is still going to college, she said she would
    like to begin a family, as I got to know Marina I began getting interested in her personality, she was very kind, and very sweet, and also polite, she was hoping for a bright future

5 years later

<<Me and Marina are married now, and begot 3 children, Mina, and Aleria 4 years old, twins, and Youstina, 1 years old! And me and Michael have finally become brothers-in-law, and Michael finally finished college
  • the beutiful house.

there was a house soo beutiful and pure.it would always glow with gold lights that would show.This house was gods and he had invited u in.he comes today to ask me Mary...do u want to come and pray?at my house?O please lord YES!!!the lord smiled and said...LET THERE BE LIGHT IN THE THE HOLY NAME OF THE LORD.As i looked to the lord he smiled at me.Now Mary you see me and that this speacial house that glows is in your heart.It glows and so that when satan comes i can tell him to leave.So you will be safe.

mary
  • The first one that you posted is by someone from here, CopticServent. I truly love that story. lol. Thanks, CopticServent.

love lots,
    CopticChica21
  • I thank all of you, who like this story, I made it because I thought it might make a difference, and how it will show us all, how people can be thoughtful! Glad you enjoyed it, and you are very welcome CopticChica21!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • [glow=red,2,300]The Girl Next Door[/glow]

>>I was walking home from school, when I saw a moving truck arrive

>>Than a girl and her family came out of the car

>>I went inside my house, and I asked my parents who they are

>>My mom said, "They are our new neighbors, they just moved in today"

>>Than my dad said, "They have a girl, and she's the same age as you, maybe in Sunday School you might meet her and get to know her better"

>>The next day I went to Church, and I was a deacon there, so after church, Sunday School arrived...

>>The girl next door came in when we just started the lesson, she asked the Sunday School Servant, "Is this the 8th grade room?"

>>Our Sunday School Servant responded, "yes, and what is your name?"

>>"My name is Demiana"

>>Demiana came and sat next to me, she was really intellegent, and also went to my school.

>>It's been 3 weeks since Demiana moved next door, we became best friends and played after we were finished with homework

>>She was a great person to meet, she was very intellegent, and very silent, and she began to teach Sunday School lessons to us!

>>Me and Demiana, always played together after school, she loved to play football, SHE WAS A GREAT QUARTERBACK, she loved to play basketball, SHE LEARNED IN 2 DAYS HOW TO SLAM-DUNK, and her ultimate favorite sport was soccer, she passes the ball like Shaquile O'Neal playing soccer!

>>Demiana knew how to play the piano really well, she taught
    me some of the songs, and she had lots of favorites, she loved to play Carol of the Bells, Fur Elise, and Swan Lake

>>One day, Demiana had an asthma attack, she couldn't breathe when we were in gym, she didn't get hit or hurt, it automatically came, so the gym teacher called 911 and the ambulance came in a flash, I asked the guy if I can come with her in the car, and I asked the gym teacher if I could go with her, she said it was fine, so I went with her, she could hardly see me talking to her, I prayed to God from the time she had it till she was in the hospital

>>When we got to the hospital, the first thing I did was ask the doctors if I can use the phone, they let me, and than I called Demiana's parents, and my parents were at their house, so they came as fast as they could

>>I told them what happened, and than the doctor came and said they need to have her in the room by herself, so we had to get out, than I felt someone's hand grasping at my hand and pulling me softly, and than I turned around and saw Demiana wanting me to stay, she kept on pointing and making signals to the doctor so I can stay, she made me stay, so the doctor accepted, Demiana couldn't open her eyes all the way, but she knew who she was talking to!

>>I watched as the doctors put the air tube on her mouth, she looked like there was no hope, but I kept praying, all day

>>The next day I didn't go to school, we slept at the hospital, and the doctors were up all night till 1:00 AM

>>Demiana slept, and the next morning I went to go check on her from the window, she opened her eyes and waved

>>I saw the nurse bringing her the food, and than she asked me "do you want to bring her the food instead?", I replied, "sure"

>>I brought Demiana her food, and said, "good morning, are you feeling any better" she started making hand gestures as a pen and a piece a paper, so I looked in the room and kept on searching for a piece of paper and pen, than I said, "hold on Demiana, I have my backpack outside" I went and got a pen and a piece of paper, and than she wrote down, "...I can't really breathe well, my throat hurts"

>>I said, "May God be with you", than she smiled

>>I fed her, and everytime she looked like she was going to throw up, I said, "are you ok" she nodded

>>I said, "can you try to stand up?", the doctors wanted me to help, because she wanted me to be in the room, if they did anything to her, even to feed her, they wanted me to ask her if she could try to stand, she wrote, "Only if God can help me" I smiled and said, "May God Be With You"

>>She got up very steady, and than she wrote where is the soccerball?" I laughed, I said "be right back" I went and got the soccer ball, than I heard her say, "Please God help me" She could speak now, it was easier for her, when God helped her, I started making communications with her, and she started speaking more often, because when you have asthma your esophagus gets smaller so it's harder for you to breathe and it opens once in a while, for some people asthma is continous, and will keep happening, and for others who are lucky it can stop!

>>Demiana is feeling better, and she was on her feet in no time!

MAY GOD BLESS YOU WITH THIS STORY!
    If you want others to be blessed and you are thankful to read this story pass it on!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • wow ppl u r amazing :)
  • [glow=red,2,300]Help Us[/glow]Oh our Lord Jesus, help us through the rough times (2)
    the rough times, we will never succeed without you, the rough times
    help us, through the, rough times (2)
    I treasure the moment we spent together (2)
    I treasure the moment we prayed together (2)
    Oh our Lord Jesus, help us through the rough times (2)
    help us, though the, rough times (2)
    I treasure the moment we spent together (2)
    I treasure the moment we prayed together (2)
    help us, through the, rough times
  • It is sharing and caring, giving and forgiving.
    Loving avid being loved, walking hand in hand
    Talking heart to heart, seeing through each other’s eyes.
    Laughing together, weeping together.
    Praying together and always trusting and believing and thanking god.
    For each other… for love that is shared, is a beautiful thing it enriches the soul, and makes the heart sing.
  • How do I love thee? Let me count the ways. I love thee to the depth and breadth and height .My soul can reach. When feeling out of sight. For the ends of being and idea grace. I love thee to the level of every day’s. Most quiet need, by sun and daylight. I love thee freely, as men strive for right; I love thee freely, as the turn from praise. I love thee with the passion put to use. In my old greensand with my childhoods faith. I love thee with a love I seemed to lose, with my lost saints; I love thee with the breath, smiles, and tears, of all my life! and if god chose, I shall but love better after death.
  • Where there is the love of heart,
    Where there is love the day is bright,
    Where there is love there is a song,
    To help when things are going wrong,
    Where there is love there is a smile,
    To make all things seem more worthwhile.
    Where there is love there is quiet peace.
    A tranquil place where turmoil’s cease….
    Love changes darkness into light
    And makes the heart take wingless fight
    Oh blest are they, who walk in love,
    They also walk with God above,
    And when Man walk with god again,
    There shall be peace on earth for men.
  • [quote author=basketball link=board=13;threadid=2366;start=195#msg52816 date=1145396965]
    Where there is the love of heart,
    Where there is love the day is bright,
    Where there is love there is a song,
    To help when things are going wrong,
    Where there is love there is a smile,
    To make all things seem more worthwhile.
    Where there is love there is quiet peace.
    A tranquil place where turmoil’s cease….
    Love changes darkness into light
    And makes the heart take wingless fight
    Oh blest are they, who walk in love,
    They also walk with God above,
    And when Man walk with god again,
    There shall be peace on earth for men.

This is very very adorable, May God Bless us all!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • cooool stuff!

anything to do with holy week? even links?

GBU
  • i hope i can do some for the lent...pray for me

mary
  • God be with u :)
  • long v long

• what d u mean epshiri and btw what does epshiri mean???