The End of the World - I think its coming...

Comments

• ilovesaintmark, I did not know about the Armenian term. Good looking out.

QT, first lock this thread. Then, send a private message to Orthodox11. When/if he responds (he has been inactive for a while), unlock the thread, let him post, then lock it again. Problem solved.
  • [quote author=Severus link=topic=6578.msg88214#msg88214 date=1211396427]
    ilovesaintmark, I did not know about the Armenian term. Good looking out.

QT, first lock this thread. Then, send a private message to Orthodox11. When/if he responds (he has been inactive for a while), unlock the thread, let him post, then lock it again. Problem solved.

Hi,
    Thanks for the idea, but I can't do that. Would you like it if you came back home late to find the door of the house locked?
  • I don't understand, make it clear. This idea will solve a lot of the problems that we are having due to the thread.
  • did u send a message to Ortho11 telling him/her that you are waiting for their response....?

and if we all want this topic locked, than why do we keep posting in it???
  • Guys,

I need to ask u all to refrain from posting until Orthodox11 posts. Please.
    Deny yourselves. Please.

If you want to say anything just PM and I'll read your comments.

As I said, I cannot lock this thread. No one locks a thread and then invites Orthodox11 to answer. that isn't done.

Thanks
  • [quote author=QT_PA_2T link=topic=6578.msg88220#msg88220 date=1211403963]
    Guys,

I need to ask u all to refrain from posting until Orthodox11 posts. Please.
    Deny yourselves. Please.

If you want to say anything just PM and I'll read your comments.

As I said, I cannot lock this thread. No one locks a thread and then invites Orthodox11 to answer. that isn't done.

Thanks

I do not think you understood. I said lock it for the TIME BEING. Message Orthodox11, when he replies saying that he will post, unlock the thread. When he posts the 'be all end all' answer, lock the thread. There are no tricks or anything...I do not see the problem?
  • Just let Vas be... he is mighty stubborn at times (which isn't always a bad thing)  ;)

pray for me

joe
  • THanks,

I want Orthodox11 to login and find this thread open for him so he can comment. You know how he would feel knowing that we've been waiting for him THIS long?? Can u imagine??

• From the Orthodox Catechism:

According to Holy Scripture and the Tradition of the Orthodox Church, this present world will come to an end. This end which takes place at the same time as the Universal Resurrection of the dead and the Universal Judgment, must not be considered as the abolishment and destruction of the world, but its renewal and recreation (Themata). This recreation of the world remains a mystery that falls under the Plan of Creation, whcih is hidden in the Omnipotent Will of the Creator. The only certainty is that this New Creation is the "new heavens and new earth in which righteousness dwells (2 Peter 3:13) as well as the Kingdom of God which is the Church of the firstborn. The power and authority of death and morality will be abolished and sin will no longer enter. After "the end when Christ delivers the Kingdom to God the Father, when puts an end to all rule and all authority and power" (1 Cor. 15:24). He remains the centre of the union of His people. "Now when all things are subect to Him, the Son Himself will also be subject to Him Who put all things under Him, that God may be all in all (25).

In the OT we find prophesies referring to the catastrophe of the world, its recreation and its change. The Prophet Isaiah proclaimed "all the powers of the heavens melt and the sky shall be rolled up like a scroll: and all the stars shall fall like leaves from a vine and as leaves fall from a fig tree" (Is. 34:3, 51:6). For there shall be a new heaven and a new earth: and they shall not at all remember the former, neither shall they at all come into their mind. (Is. 65:17)

Initially, the Lord repeatedly assured us that "heaven and earth shall pass away, but one jot or one title will by no means pass from the law until all has been fulfilled. He foretold great tribulations, according to which  "the sun will be darkened and the moon will not give its light: the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken" "and on earth distress of nations, with perplexity, the sea and the waves roaring, men's hearts failing them from fear and expectation of those things which are coming on the earth, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken. However, Christ did not fail to reassure His Apostles, and through them His Church, that He would be with them "even to the end of the age".

St. Paul, on the other hand, taught that all creation "For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of him who subjected it, in hope that the creation itself will be set free from its bondage to corruption and obtain the freedom of the glory of the children of God. For we know that the whole creation has been groaning together in the pains of childbirth until now. And not only the creation, but we ourselves, who havethe firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for adoption as sons,the redemption of our bodies.(Rom 8:20-23). Furthermore, and to grant relief to you who are afflicted as well as to us, when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven with his mighty angels in flaming fire, inflicting vengeance on those who do not know God and on those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus. (2 Thess 1:7-8)

St Peter spoke in more detail of this fire verifying that "But by the same word the heavens and earth that now exist are stored up for fire, being kept until the day of judgment and destruction of the ungodly...0But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, and then the heavens will pass away with a roar, and the heavenly bodies will be burned up and dissolved, and the earth and the works that are done on it will be exposed....But according to his promise we are waiting for new heavens and a new earth in which righteousness dwells." (2 Pet 3:7 , 10, 13)

Parallel to this St. John the Apostle, Evangelist and Theologian, in the Book of Revelation, saw that with the Resurrection of the dead, and the following Judgment "the earth and the heaven fled away from the Face of Him Who sat on the Throne "Then I saw a great white throne and Him who was seated on it. From His presence earth and sky fled away, and no place was found for them...Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea was no more....And He who was seated on the throne said, "Behold, I am making all things new." Also he said, "Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true." (Rev 20:11, 21:1, 5)
  • I don't understand why this topic was re-opened. Whywait for for Ortho11 when you have H.H. Pope Shenouda's own words, which in his awesome wisdom advised us to NOT look for signs:

[quote author=H.H. Pope Shenouda]
    St. Paul said, “The coming of the lawless one [the antichrist] is according to the working of Satan,
    with all power, signs, and lying wonders …” (2 Thess 2:9) thus those who are seeking signs are more
    vulnerable to be deceived.

Yet this topic continues to do so, failing to heed his warning. Which has led to the the jargon of things like Obama being the anti-Christ...I mean really people, come on! We really sound like lunatics that are speculating on something that is totally beyond our comprehension levels. Close this topic, nothing good has or will come out.

No offense to Ortho11, but H.H.'s advice is more than enough.
  • OK Duck,
    I'm not waiting for signs anymore. I'm just waiting for Orthodox11 to come and say something really deep on this forum, so we can conclude it.

Its out of respect.

Please be patient.
  • im sorry to break the silence and im sure im not as amazing as Ortho11....

i know the end scares some people, including me at times, im afraid i may die and cling to the world.

but isnt the end where we go home? dont you want to go home, dont you want to sit with you Father and eat?

i want to and i am really scared i cant

Keep me in your prayers
  • [quote author=Christrules link=topic=6578.msg89115#msg89115 date=1212377730]
    im sorry to break the silence and im sure im not as amazing as Ortho11....

i know the end scares some people, including me at times, im afraid i may die and cling to the world.

but isnt the end where we go home? dont you want to go home, dont you want to sit with you Father and eat?

Keep me in your prayers

Listen habibi,
    Just repent and confess ur sins.. (ALL YOUR SINS), and u are sorted my man!
    Also, after confession, take the Holy Communion.
    THen u are ready to go!
  • [quote author=QT_PA_2T link=topic=6578.msg89127#msg89127 date=1212385333]
    [quote author=Christrules link=topic=6578.msg89115#msg89115 date=1212377730]
    im sorry to break the silence and im sure im not as amazing as Ortho11....

Keep me in your prayers

Listen habibi,
    Just repent and confess ur sins.. (ALL YOUR SINS), and u are sorted my man!
    Also, after confession, take the Holy Communion.
    THen u are ready to go!

WONDERFUL advice! :)
  • Severus,
    I was serious about the advice. But.. that's WHY i was suggesting getting a mobile phone with notepad functionality. You really need to confess all your sins, and sometimes we are reminded of our sins in the middle of no-where... its important to jot them down and then confess them to abouna.
  • Guys we are heading off topic - and thank God - lets leave the topic behind
  • [quote author=josephgabriel link=topic=6578.msg89258#msg89258 date=1212481166]
    Guys we are heading off topic - and thank God - lets leave the topic behind

Joe,
    What did u have for lunch last night?
  • lol thats more like it

I had pasta with a garlic and macaroni sauce, along with a caesar salad with olive oil and feta cheese

• [quote author=josephgabriel link=topic=6578.msg89264#msg89264 date=1212485038]
    lol thats more like it

I had pasta with a garlic and macaroni sauce, along with a caesar salad with olive oil and feta cheese

U know my wife made fajitas last night. I was really impressed. U know, with the guacamole etc...

Now I found the perfect wife, I bet the end of the world will come any time soon. I'm sure.. just when i was beginning to settle down...

What do u think Joe??
  • Undoubtedly not Vas... us both being from Shoubra meeting with Mina who is a Mansourian shobrawey and ophadece who is also a shoubrawey on an internet site discussing random topics and talking now about what we ate yesterday - what are the chances of that? Sure the antichrist is on his way now? Out of bedak? or perhaps eating araeesh from the 3aseer asab street vendor?
  • But is it really REALLY a sin to speculate who u think the anti-christ is??

I heard someone say it was Johnathan Ross. What do u think??
  • lol this is so off topic, its well... off topic
  • [quote author=QT_PA_2T link=topic=6578.msg89245#msg89245 date=1212472185]
    Severus,
    I was serious about the advice. But.. that's WHY i was suggesting getting a mobile phone with notepad functionality. You really need to confess all your sins, and sometimes we are reminded of our sins in the middle of no-where... its important to jot them down and then confess them to abouna.

And I was serious about the compliment ;)
  • [quote author=QT_PA_2T link=topic=6578.msg89267#msg89267 date=1212486298]
    But is it really REALLY a sin to speculate who u think the anti-christ is??

It's Anne Coulter.
  • [quote author=Orthodox11 link=topic=6578.msg89277#msg89277 date=1212494866]
    [quote author=QT_PA_2T link=topic=6578.msg89267#msg89267 date=1212486298]
    But is it really REALLY a sin to speculate who u think the anti-christ is??

It's Anne Coulter.

OK everyone. THis topic is now officially locked. Sorry. Orthodox has given the final comment.

If you wish to contact Anne Coulter, u may do so at your own discretion.

Thanks for your understanding.
  • Do u think the end is near? Apparently, everyone thinks that's it... Something weired is happening right now...

What does everyone think?
  • Even though alot of our clergy denies the apostasy has or is happening, its clear that it is happening and has been happening. The church is being attacked more in recent years, both physically and spiritually. Financially everything is falling apart. Yes. It is now.
  • Lol. I don't think so. Nothing worse than has happened many times before is happening.
  • Everyone thinks its coming to an end because of whats happening in Egypt? Egypt has revolted many times before. The great depression was a much worse financial times. WWII and WWI were worse wars than the ones we face now. If its to come so be it, if its not so be it. We can die tomorrow and the outcome is the same. The key is to be ready at all times.
  • Amen to jydeacon. That's my position, and it seems to be the Orthodox view. That we should always be prepared.