The End of the World - I think its coming...

Comments

• That's exactly what I meant! I just went with the abbreviated form with a little stunning affect.
  • I heard the end of the world was supposed to be tomorrow

Why have you not told us as soon as you got this breaking news text messaged? Hmm, if I find myself in hell right next to you, then you are to blame and the fact that no further punishment would be inflicted on your carelessness to inform unsupsecting souls is saddening to say the least.

In another development, Obama the Anti-christ claimed a majority of the pledged delegates in the race for the presidential nomination of his party.Our friend  'aem581' must be singing now.
  • Hezekial,

It was a joke.  It was satirical.  It was to be stated on the point that every day should be lived with the expectation that it could be the last day prior to going to one's rest and judgment.

Relax, Hezekial, I think everybody understood that point.

Thanks for damning me to Hell.  That is one of the better insults I have gotten.  If I collect a couple of more insults maybe I can take it to the bank for deposit.
  • IloveSaintmark,

Boy, I thought you were smarter than that. I was joining you in the satire,however bad I am at it. Did you think, I was serious? Does my saying the following statement sound serious:

Why have you not told us as soon as you got this breaking news text messaged? Hmm, if I find myself in hell right next to you, then you are to blame and the fact that no further punishment would be inflicted on your carelessness to inform unsupsecting souls is saddening to say the least.

If I am talking about breaking news,SMS, and hell....how could I be serious and damn you to hell too? It is a Joke ,maybe a bad way of joking, or an attempt at humour to ridicule the issue of the topic,because some of the responses from our forum members was utterly nonsense. I am just trying kill it,until QT gets back from Turkey to lock it in chains.

My heartfelt apology, if you are unnecessaryilly offended. I had no intention whatsoever. I damn myself to hell,before anyone else.Trust me.
  • ok... i think this topic has had its fair share of jokes, and serious talkk and it is about time to lock this topic again.. i beleive if there is anything to be said, either it was already said or plz post it soon because this topic is begining to get somewhat boring and out of hand.....

QT.. thanks for the great topic but now is the time to lock it
  • Hezekial,

I guess I have not gotten a taste for your sense of dry humor as I possess.  With your word, no offense taken.  I retract my previous remark.

Although, I did go make a deposit at the bank at the ATM machine, I have bills to pay.

Coptic Pharaoh,

Don't ask for the lock without giving the key.  That is a profound statement I just made up!
  • I hope you guys do realize that we DO NOT get judged the day we die?
  • lock without the key???  the key is: this topic has had too much already.... now it is just getting plain and old and somewhat boring..
  • This topic will be locked when the 10th seal is opened and the fat lady sings.

Guys, i think the end is near, and u wanna close this topic??

OK.. now some serious contemplations here people:
    More people are dying in disasters.
    We have become OFFICIALLY immoral. Ya3ni, we are hitting new low's, by the second. We are making Sodom and Gomorrah look like a scene from the kid's cartoon series Postman Pat and His black & White cat.

Have u seen this?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/politics/7409696.stm

MPs in the UK are backing laws that allow abortions of up to 24 weeks! Not only that, did u see how many MP's voted for this clause??? 322 votes to 190!!!!!

What bothers me, is that the MP who wanted to lower the limit was defeated by such an overwhelming majority. How? Its as if doing anything moral or good is defeated. I cannot believe that our own MP's (creme de la creme of moral British Society) are forcing this to 24 weeks. Eh da!!!!

And u all are debating me whether living in a monastery is better than in a city? Of course living in isolation is better than this. What kind society do we live in??

Honestly, when I read such news, I cannot help but see the need for Christ to come right now and end this disaster.
  • Again, you will find life in a monastery more difficult than life in the world.

And did you not read the verse that you yourself found? Shall I keep repeating what I have been saying?
  • Lock the topic... it is jsut going to strat repeating itself and putting doubts in peoples lives...
  • [quote author=Severus link=topic=6578.msg88149#msg88149 date=1211342914]
    Again, you will find life in a monastery more difficult than life in the world.

And did you not read the verse that you yourself found? Shall I keep repeating what I have been saying?

Severus, let's focus on the End of the World in this topic, and leave monasticism in the other thread. What do u think?

Did u read the news bulletin below?

Do u have any idea how many social abortions take place a year??

In the USA, France, Sweden, Netherlands, Spain, Italy & UK, we have 1,000,000 ABORTIONS A YEAR!! THat's 1 million social abortions:

By social abortions we mean: "I got pregnant, and it was a mistake".

We are allowing promiscuity. We allow immoral behaviour and justify it with nonsense like "we are not 100% sure whether a foetus is a human being or not".

1,000,000 !! A year! What if we added all the other countries into that? Canada, South American nations, China (!!!).. Wow..

Just wow!!! Has anyone here bothered to do see the statistics??

Why is it only me that sees this as something disasterous.

I really feel like I wanna go to a monastery and bury my head in the sand with all the monks and forget about what's going on here.

God will not allow this to continue. I'm 1100% sure. 
  • It is the work of devil, QT. Don't worry. Focus on your own spiritual struggles, and let God defend Himself. He does not need our feeble attempts.
  • [quote author=Severus link=topic=6578.msg88160#msg88160 date=1211343909]
    It is the work of devil, QT. Don't worry. Focus on your own spiritual struggles, and let God defend Himself. He does not need our feeble attempts.

Yeah ok, but are we allowed to discuss other issues than our own spiritual struggles?

• Once again, I shall refer you to the verse.

Do not try to make sense out of, or piece together, signs from current events. As God Himself wrote, it will lead to deception.
  • Yes, that's true Sev,

I even saw that verse by accident, and it made me lock this thread.

I opened the thread again because I found more articles of death and disaster.

Man, i wanna talk about this. Its bothering me.

How can u be so calm sev after seeing 1,000,000 babies being aborted that are 24 weeks old! 24 weeks! That's HUGE!!!

• OK then, let us make this easy. Let us suppose that the world will end in precisely 3 days. Let us all just live like that, for the rest of our lives. I imagine the world would be a much better place.
  • [quote author=Severus link=topic=6578.msg88170#msg88170 date=1211344544]
    OK then, let us make this easy. Let us suppose that the world will end in precisely 3 days. Let us all just live like that, for the rest of our lives. I imagine the world would be a much better place.

OK.. then in that case, we should focus on our own salvation, and struggles.
    Yes.

Where did u get the 3 days from?

Do u know something that we don't !!?

Hmmm.... interesting. Why did u say "THREE" days for?
  • [quote author=QT_PA_2T link=topic=6578.msg88169#msg88169 date=1211344423]
    Yes, that's true Sev,

How can u be so calm sev after seeing 1,000,000 babies being aborted that are 24 weeks old! 24 weeks! That's HUGE!!!

QT you act as if audacities like this have just started happening when things like this and worse have been happening for a long time.
  • jydeacon, excellent point.

QT, you see, I've got a few friends who are in the know ;)
  • [quote author=jydeacon link=topic=6578.msg88172#msg88172 date=1211344682]
    [quote author=QT_PA_2T link=topic=6578.msg88169#msg88169 date=1211344423]
    Yes, that's true Sev,

QT you act as if audacities like this have just started happening when things like this and worse have been happening for a long time.

Man, i didnt know it was 24 weeks. I didnt!!
    Not that 1 day makes a difference, but if u knew what a baby looked like in 24 weeks, you'd feel the same way.

Im sorry JY, this is so sad. No one realises what they are doing.
    What's really worrying is that if u look at the age range of those comitting abortions, they are so young and naive. They make wrong decisions and have wrong advice, and they can never undo an abortion. Above all of this, they have the governments backing to do absolutely destructive acts.
  • Lord have Mercy - look guys, we have argued this for 11 PAGES!!! Any topic that goes on for that amount won't end. Just lock it now, or we'll keep arguing forever.
  • [quote author=josephgabriel link=topic=6578.msg88183#msg88183 date=1211352957]
    Lord have Mercy - look guys, we have argued this for 11 PAGES!!! Any topic that goes on for that amount won't end. Just lock it now, or we'll keep arguing forever.

OK.. i'll wait until Orthodox11 says something and then I'll lock the topic.
    No one is goin nowhere until Ortho11 posts his response. Until he does, we'll have to keep on looking at more signs of the end of times.

Pray for me
  • Yeah....lets get out of our comfort zones and start doing something hands on to help our brothers, sisters, mothers, fathers who are being persecuted
  • [quote author=elsi70x7 link=topic=6578.msg88193#msg88193 date=1211372546]
    Yeah....lets get out of our comfort zones and start doing something hands on to help our brothers, sisters, mothers, fathers who are being persecuted

Just out of curiosity, what does that have to do with the end of the world?
    You wanna help someone quickly before we all die?

Go for it.

Pray for me
  • QT,

You have to remember, you started this thread.  You have to take responsibility for all of this rancor.

[move]The main thing you are all forgetting is that you are all correct in your statements[/move].

The main thing we have to remember is only the Father knows when everything will happen.  Each day and moment as it goes by gets us closer to that point, and the signs point to that day.

I would prefer that everyone refers to Severus as "Severus" not "Sev", for two reasons:
         a) I love St. Severus and St. Dioscorus, and the fact he has chosen that name is quite honorable
         b) "Sev" in Armenian is considered a derrogatory term (I know that very few even know that term, but I cannot help but hearing it incorrectly in my head when it is written that way).

Did you guys notice, I was trying to change the subject.

• Hear ye O People, Hear ye,

I will close/terminate this thread as soon as Orthodox11 says the last word. That's it.
    I'm waiting for him to add his 2 cents and then its closed. That way, we can be sure the discussion is complete.

Thanks for your comprehension.

Regards
  • Gosh QT_,

If u do not understand what my statement has to do with the end of the world:- then this is  just empty Rhetoric and it should be locked until we all have a better understanding.
  • [quote author=elsi70x7 link=topic=6578.msg88199#msg88199 date=1211377561]
    Gosh QT_,

If u do not understand what my statement has to do with the end of the world:- then this is  just empty Rhetoric and it should be locked until we all have a better understanding.

Now easy there Elsi, It was just an opportunity for you to elaborate further.
  • [quote author=QT_PA_2T link=topic=6578.msg88197#msg88197 date=1211376549]
    Hear ye O People, Hear ye,

I will close/terminate this thread as soon as Orthodox11 says the last word. That's it.
    I'm waiting for him to add his 2 cents and then its closed. That way, we can be sure the discussion is complete.

Thanks for your comprehension.

Regards

Thank God for that  ;D