The End of the World - I think its coming...

Comments

• [quote author=QT_PA_2T link=topic=6578.msg87271#msg87271 date=1210610462]
    [quote author=clay link=topic=6578.msg87266#msg87266 date=1210609527]
    Christianity is in contradistinction to the mantra of this world, by saying we should live each day as our last. If the world believed that they would say, "eat, and be merry, for tomorrow we die". Instead, Christianity uses this teaching to instil in us a sense of fear of God, mindfulness of Judgement, accountability, and vigilance. It brings us to die daily, so that we would put to death the old man, and put on Christ.

It does not matter so much whether it is the end of the world. It matters that we do know it is always near, and that our lives no less may end any time as well, and hence, we should always be alert.

Yeah, OK clay, but the topic here, at hand, today, is "The ENd of the World" - I mean, do u see these as signs that the end of the world is nigh??

Listen, the best advice is, live life as if you will die right now. don't worry about WHEN the end is, but that you are PREPARED
  • Interesting information indeed.

In any case, let's just practice the two sacraments that we need to do in order to attain salvation (Confession+Communion), and also, let's pray for the safety of the world, and all cities, districts, islands, and monasteries, to quote the Divine Liturgy :)

The advice of living as if it is your last day is excellent as well.
  • Well...Severus...as you have seen, the pace of this conversation is FAST...there is virtually no time to open the Bible, find the chapter THEN find the verse, THAN type it up. It takes at least 10-15 minutes to do all that, and people are posting by the minute. So...sourcing can't be done (at least for right now).
  • Good point, I definitely agree. There are online Bibles though ;)

If you remember the verse, type it in to Google, and boom, there it is along with it's context.
  • Well, true, but still...you would need to know it word for word.
  • this is an awsome topic... it is going so quick... while i was typing my previous comments , i got 5 new posts while writing 1.......    biblegateway.com is great for searching for verses
  • [quote author=coptic pharaoh link=topic=6578.msg87355#msg87355 date=1210631762]
    this is an awsome topic... it is going so quick... while i was typing my previous comments , i got 5 new posts while writing 1.......    biblegateway.com is great for searching for verses

Indeed, Biblos.com is also great - for those that care to read the original Greek, it is on there ;)
  • Biblegateway can read the Chapters outloud, i think... that is awsome
  • how about using the Orthodox Study Bible- Beat that Severus and coptic pharaoh!! :P JK

• Still...my concern still remains because any slight paraphrase ruins the search.
  • u just search the key words...  try it.. go to  www.biblegateway.com and search the key words.........they have tons of diferent versions of the Bible... even in Arabic....   
  • Ya3ni, it isn't really necessary, and let's bring the convo back on track!  ;)
  • Guys,

We must be humble at all times, and I want u to be assured this is not effecting my ego, but would u agree that I started a really good topic here???

Feel free to admit it, and be 100% assured, I will never be big headed. And if they make me admin and master of tasbeha.org, I'll be really kind to all of u..

Anyway - please send me links to all of this.. about the prophesies.. cheers.
  • Why do some of you think that Obama is NOT a POTENTIAL Anti-Christ?
  • QT, THIS IS THE BEST TOPIC!!!! I PARTICULARLY LOVE THIS TOPIC!!!
  • aem, as much as I despise Obama (not because he's black), I don't think the US president will be the anti-Christ. However, since Obama is muslim, I can see how it fits together.
  • Ok QT you french man ::) I think we'll leave the Americans to handle tasbeha, and the french and english as the backboards. lol.
  • [quote author=PopeKyrillos link=topic=6578.msg87370#msg87370 date=1210632387]
    aem, as much as I despise Obama (not because he's black), I don't think the US president will be the anti-Christ. However, since Obama is muslim, I can see how it fits together.

Woooo.. easy there..
    He WAS muslim my friend.. now he's pentecostal.
  • QT, the price of leaving islam is death. Literally, death. I tihnk he would be wanted by muslim radicals if he left islam.
  • PopeKyrillos, I find your post scary.

Let's clear a few issues:
    1. Obama is not Muslim.
    2. Not all Muslims are bad people, just as not all 'Christians' are good people.

Those out of the way, Muslims do not do the whole 'altar + sacrifice' thing, so that contradicts the pig sacrifice theory.
  • [quote author=PopeKyrillos link=topic=6578.msg87376#msg87376 date=1210632567]
    QT, the price of leaving islam is death. Literally, death. I tihnk he would be wanted by muslim radicals if he left islam.

Guys,

What am I missing out on here?? He is now a Christian. U don't believe that he's a Christian?? He talks about his faith a lot as  a Christian even!

Am I naive?? U all still think he's secretly practicing islam?
  • how do you know that Obama isn't just making up the fact that he's not muslim just so people don't hate him? It was wrong of me to say I despise Obama and that he's for sure muslim and I apologize for that, but it's still a big possibility.
  • He is certainly Christian - and if not, allow me to go as far as to say that the anti-Christ will NOT be Muslim.
  • Severus, I don't think you know that for sure. If Obama became president which is a big possibility, his actions will definately be hinting to us as whether he is muslim or Christian.

The anti-Christ won't be a muslim? Any proof? I honestly doubt the anti-christ will be able to stray more people away from Christ as the Prophet Muhammad did. Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world. Almost half the world's population is muslim.
  • [quote author=Severus link=topic=6578.msg87382#msg87382 date=1210633116]
    He is certainly Christian - and if not, allow me to go as far as to say that the anti-Christ will NOT be Muslim.

Listen fellas,

I really think we need to get proofs on here. THe guy at Church that gave us this presentation on the final days is in the UK. I can ask him for his presentation notes. He did a lot of research.
    But I'm stuck in turkey, and i'd really like whatever sources u have to check all these theories.

Thanks
  • QT, as you can see, I know nothing of this theory. Never heard of it so I can't say anything.
  • Let's say he is Muslim and he becomes president. What will he do? So what if he is Muslim? We have plenty of systems to remove him from the presidency if he does anything bad or wrong - that's called democracy.
  • Umm Severus, the only people who can remove the president from office are congressmen. The house of representatives raises claims againist the president and the Senate has final decision as to if he is innocent or guilty. That's the only way. I don't know what you mean about by plenty of systems.
  • Guys at the moment congress is controlled by the democrats so if Obama is elected, unless he does something very very drastic, they will support what he does until he is out of office and they are running for the presidency, the whole system is corrupt.
  • Do you think that Congress will let bad, horrible things slide?

Also, explain what you think a Muslim president would do to ruin the country.