The End of the World - I think its coming...

Comments

• Amen, Brother JG
  • lol , ive never made less sense in my life - thought of it on the spot  :)
  • OK People, Listen up,

I started this thread when i went to news.bbc.co.uk and found another disaster in China. The death toll is now at 50,000. I mean, this is serious calamity.
    50,000 souls gone!?

It really got me thinking... that's how i ended up creating this topic.

What do u all think. No one has said. Is what we are seeing a sign of the times???

• As always calamities will happen, as the Lord himself said:

"And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not troubled; for all[a]these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. 7 For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be famines, pestilences,and earthquakes in various places. 8 All these are the beginning of sorrows" (Matthew 24:6-8)

These things that we are witnessing today are the beginning of sorrows, and the beginning of the end.. however these may go on as they have been for anything between a day to 1000 years.... we do not know, only God knows... The most important thing highlighted is summed up by this verse:

"But he who endures to the end shall be saved" (Matthew 24:13)

Fellow Fathers, Mothers, Brothers and Sisters in Christ - our chief concern is not when these things will come to pass... suffice to know that they will happen at some point.... but the Lord himself said:

"Therefore keep watch, because you do not know the day or the hour" (Matthew 25:13)

We should watch our tongues, watch our hearts, watch our minds, watch our deeds, watch our thoughts, and hence watch our lives themselves.... the question we should be asking ourselves is not when, but if: If God came now to judge the world and me, would I prove worthy for the Kingdom.... or would I be in store for eternal punishment? We should be ready as our Lord commanded, as it is fair better and more beneficial for us to prepare ourselves, rather than futile speculation which will not (because it cannot) be full answered.

pray for me

joe
  • Guys,

I was just trying to read a few books on theology (to make Iqbal and Ortho 11 proud of me), when I came across the following verse:

St. Paul said, “The coming of the lawless one [the antichrist] is according to the working of Satan,
    with all power, signs, and lying wonders …” (2 Thess 2:9) thus those who are seeking signs are more
    vulnerable to be deceived.

After reading this, i feel its my noble and christian duty to close/lock this thread. We should not be seeking signs!
    Its my fault.. i'm sorry. I won't seek anymore signs.

Have a nice day.
  • OK People,

Due to high user-demand, and to celebrate bank holiday Monday in Turkey, i'm unlocking this thread just for 2 days.

You can write all you want until i return back to Paris.
  • Oh my goodness!!
    Look!! I just realised something:

Obama was muslim, and is now Christian - right!?

Well that's apostacy in Islam. And the penalty for that is death. Can you imagine a muslim guy converting to Christianity and then becoming the President of the USA. WOW!

They will want to kill him.

The "nation will rise against nation" will happen when he's president! There will be war. They will not bear to have someone who was muslim now leading the USA as a Christian.
  • [quote author=ilovesaintmark link=topic=6578.msg87758#msg87758 date=1210866450]
    I have to throw in my two (obnoxious) cents in:

1.  Obama is not the Anti-Christ, he is Satan himself.
    2.  Hillary is Satan's Child.

And the end times are coming because the Red Sox won the World Series last year.

Sorry, I had to be funny.  I've been a giddy mood all morning.  It must be because someone spilled coffee on me.

LOL
  • QT, you read the verse. Enough said.
  • how about we all forget about this, and just be ready?
  • http://www.barackobama.com/factcheck/2007/11/12/obama_has_never_been_a_muslim_1.php#obama-on-emails

It says Obama was never Muslim and did not use a Koran to swear in to office.
  • hwy does everybody think that he is the AntiChrist????       

In the Bible it says : for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.

Witch part of the End is not yet is hard to understand????  i think this topic would be better off locked -- no offence to anybody
  • [quote author=clay link=topic=6578.msg87900#msg87900 date=1210989380]
    http://www.barackobama.com/factcheck/2007/11/12/obama_has_never_been_a_muslim_1.php#obama-on-emails

It says Obama was never Muslim and did not use a Koran to swear in to office.

Well, ok. it means then they aren't gonna kill him.

It looks like there could be peace, unless Bush himself can start a global war before he leaves office. He has until November 2008 to start the armageddon. I think he's definately able to start a global war, i'm just not sure if he can do it in time.

Maybe he'll take it as a challenge?

Once we get nation rising up against nation, then that's it, that's the final prophecy fulfilled.
  • QT,
    Let me prophesy what will happen in the next year:
    Obama campaign gets the Democratic Nomination
    Obama beats McCain
    Obama makes peace with Iraq
    Obama makes peace with Iran
    Obama makes peace with North Korea
    Obama makes war with Israel

This will be what will happen, for Obama is not a faithful Christian convert. The only reason why he converted from Islam is so he will have an easier time grabbing the presidency rather than saying, "The President of the U.S. is a Muslim."
  • Hey I just want to say one thing. There has been 2 world wars and many other wars with nation rising against nation. Why didn't the world end after WW2. This war was awful, yet God prepared the best for the world. We can not say the world is ending because it really wouldn't make a difference if it ended today or in millions of years because what we should care about is the end of our world, our death. Knowing when the end of the world is and not being prepared for it profits you nothing. Worrying about it won't do anything either, so just pray for world peace, and let God work and let us work as well. He works towards our salvation but we must work toward it as well. God Protect Us. Let Us Pray. 

"But seek the kingdom of God, and all these things shall be added to you." (Luke 12:31)
  • Anba Bishoy,
    I explained that in an earlier post. On the end of page two or three.
  • Sorry but I just wanted to reaffirm. Then if that has already been explained then there is no need for this topic??? I thought you guys were going to close lock it.
  • Why would we? This topic will never be done until Christ actually comes in all His Glory, being the Son of God who sits at the right hand of His Father.
  • This topic is IRRELEVANT. All it causes is unwanted speculation about events that we can not hope to recognize or predict. It takes away the focus from the present spiritual life to the future, which is only in God's hands and is simply stressful to think about, as no rational conclusion can be reached.

Focus on today: Practice communion and confession regularly, read spiritual books, fast and pray, and you shall be rewarded by our Lord who keeps His promises to His children.
  • Severus,
    I completely agree with you, but still, it is good to know, and it always reinforces His prophecies. That's why it is good to be on the lookout for the End. The topic may be irrelevant, but it is still good to think about.
  • This topic has served its purpose - Severus is right and i'm a 100% with him.... unwanted speculation about an answer that will never be found and will not help us either - we should ask first for God's mercy and grace to aid us in our struggles and be ready for no one knows the hour. Be ready - Watch and pray lest you enter into temptation.... Just keep it up - it suffices that the end will come - the real topic is if we are ready or not..

pray for me

joe
  • But joe, how then, can we constantly remind ourselves that the end is nearer than we think?
  • aem581

The answer is right there in the Bible in Matthew 24 - Jesus speaks of the end of the world and the signs...... thats all thats necessary - God gave us this information and told us it "is not for you to know the times and dates" We will never know when or how close we are because as it has been previously posted, these signs could have been fulfilled hundreds of times before. We know that the time is at hand.... and it has been at hand for 2000 years... You know the end is at hand so why bother thinking of when or how or the signs or Obama or anything else... Just know is is coming and be ready

pray for me

joe
  • [quote author=aem581 link=topic=6578.msg87946#msg87946 date=1211136206]
    But joe, how then, can we constantly remind ourselves that the end is nearer than we think?

It doesn't matter - if we live every day as if it is the last, then that point is void. We can live everyday as our last by doing what I have mentioned over and over.

Excellent point Joe, keep it up! ;)
  • Thank you Severus, you too
  • I do not think this subject is irrelevant, because look at the 'Three Wise Men' who had been studying the stars and charts and scriptures to find out when Christ would be born so they could go to where he was and worship Him and take Him gifts.........Only 3 wise men knew, even King Herod and his advisers did not know of Christ's Birth. I think we should be aware of the times we are living in to know how to and where to trod;but realize only God knows when the 'End of Times' is.
  • I just give up arguing - this is going nowhere. The evidence is there, I need not say anymore.
  • Yea, some people just won't heed good advice, so good luck trying to piece together the signs!  ;)
  • I heard the end of the world was supposed to be tomorrow.
  • Why are we all waiting for it??? for all what we know, it might be tomorow or in a millio years.....    and we are all going to have our own "judgememnt day" and we all know that that is the day we die...  and then we will find out that we were't ready cause we were waisting our time.... 

Pray and Confess