Ask a question_Answer for points

Comments

• King James Version and International version is just the english translation that was being used for translatting the bible back in the days....the one commonly used is the King James Version...because I guess it's very close to the actual writings of the bible...It's just the name of the translation...no it doesn't differ from the bible...it's the bible in english...u can just see on the cover...that it's written King James Version or anything else...words do differ from one version to another...but the context is the same.
  • i saw a bible with 'placed by the Gideons' on it

is it ok??
  • [quote author=AthanasiusTheApostolic link=board=11;threadid=2023;start=375#msg41496 date=1130799626]

"I will ascend to heaven; I will raise my throne above the stars of God; I will sit enthroned on the mount of assembly, on the utmost heights of the sacred mountain." When Lucifer fell, all the angels under his command fell too. Check Isaiah 14:12-13 (King James Version).

The reason I mentioned King James Version is if you check (Isaiah 14:12) in the International Version or the New International Version you are not gonna find the former name of the devil which is Lucifer, but you will find it in King James Version. I am not sure what is the significance of that, but I think it is a trick from the Devil to remove his name from the Bible to convince people that he doesn't exist.
  • mnc_hnn, there is a slight difference between each version/translation....

the one that is "placed by the gideons", i actually tried reading that one before, it didn't seem like a bible to me, but i dont know what abouna would say...

n AthanasiusTheApostolic, I never knew that...
  • [quote author=Christ4Life link=board=11;threadid=2023;start=390#msg41572 date=1130894484]
    n AthanasiusTheApostolic, I never knew that...

I am not sure thu, I read that on a non coptic website.
  • ill go check, cause my Bible's the new international version...
  • ok this is what it says..

12 How you have fallen from heaven,
    O morning star, son of the dawn!
    You have been cast down to the earth,
    you who once laid low the nations!

13 You said in your heart,
    "I will ascend to heaven;
    I will raise my throne
    above the stars of God;
    I will sit enthroned on the mount of assembly,
    on the utmost heights of the sacred mountain.

So the last sentence was deleted, scary...
  • I have other questions:
    1) What was Ibraham's first name?
    2) What does Issac mean? Why?
    3) Name 5 plagues! (without looking in Exodus)
    4) Name 5 commandments! (without looking in Exodus also!)

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • [quote author=Christ4Life link=board=11;threadid=2023;start=390#msg41581 date=1130896430]
    So the last sentence was deleted, scary...

What sentence you are talking about? The only difference I see is in versus 12, the name Lucifer is not mentioned in the New International Version, Thats all.
  • this one, i didnt find it at all...

"When Lucifer fell, all the angels under his command fell too"
  • Hi all,

My Answers:

1) Ibraham is the first name

2) Isacc Means "he laughs" because Sarah said, "God has braught me laughter"

3) Nile turned into blood
    Grasshoppers (or some kind of insects) filled the sky
    The older son in every Egyptian house was killed
    Frogs
    Skin disease

4) Love your God from all your heart
    Don't kill
    Don't steal
    Don't fornicate
    Respect your parents to be blessed with long life
  • 1) Abram was his name first and then God changed it to Abraham

...Athanasius answered the rest of the questions :)
  • [quote author=AthanasiusTheApostolic link=board=11;threadid=2023;start=390#msg41633 date=1130903963]
    Hi all,

My Answers:

Frogs
    Skin disease

Don't kill
    Don't steal
    Don't fornicate

sorry athanasius but i think one of the commandments was written wrong...it is donot commit adultry...it did not say forication...becasue fornication is classified for after being married ;D

gbu
    tadpole
    marina
  • [quote author=Christ4Life link=board=11;threadid=2023;start=390#msg41631 date=1130903858]
    this one, i didnt find it at all...

"When Lucifer fell, all the angels under his command fell too"

This sentence is not included in the quote or the versus, it is my own sentence
  • [quote author=why link=board=11;threadid=2023;start=390#msg41638 date=1130906485]
    sorry athanasius but i think one of the commandments was written wrong...it is donot commit adultry...it did not say forication...becasue fornication is classified for after being married ;D

gbu
    tadpole
    marina

Comon, I didn't know the world in English and Coptic Servant told us not look in the Bible, so "fornicate" was best shot. I know the noun is adultration, but I couldn't come up with the verb.

I was reading about Anba Mosses the Black and it said that he commited fornication. I don't think he was married. why, are you sure about what you said or you playing with me.
  • ok
    hello brothers and sisters in Christ,
    im new to this, so forgive me, but...
    here is a questions...

who is the grandfather of his children?

it is a trick question, requiring a bit of thought and, i personally did not know the answer until i was told, so perhaps a 50 point mark would be good.

so whoever is keeping track let people know if thats too much, but its one to make you read the Bible with diligence and think on EVERY meaning of EVERY word
  • my apologies
    it says that its 3 points for one question,
    but since the question is in itself a riddle,
    perhaps 6 points?
  • Uhmm that relative of Abraham, his name is Lot in Dutch...
  • yea its Lot..cause his daughters got him drunk and slept with him, since their mother died (when she turned to a pillar of salt), and they were trying to preserve their fathers seed, cause soddom and gomorrah were burned and there were no men left..., so lot is the father and grandfather of his grandchildren.. :-\
  • [quote author=mg link=board=11;threadid=2023;start=405#msg41658 date=1130943622]
    my apologies
    it says that its 3 points for one question,
    but since the question is in itself a riddle,
    perhaps 6 points?

Sure, and welcome mg, have a great time here on tasbeha.org!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • [quote author=AthanasiusTheApostolic link=board=11;threadid=2023;start=390#msg41633 date=1130903963]
    Hi all,

My Answers:

Frogs
    Skin disease

Don't kill
    Don't steal
    Don't fornicate

[quote author=PrincessMary link=board=11;threadid=2023;start=390#msg41637 date=1130905050]
    1) Abram was his name first and then God changed it to Abraham

...Athanasius answered the rest of the questions :)

That is 12 points,
    Actually Athanasius, I'm sorry, but PrincessMary got the first question Abraham's first name is Abram,
    Athanasius-9 points
    PrincessMary-3 points

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • Hi all,
    Why God changed Abram's name? Meanings?
  • Athanasius, Coptic servant already asked the question a little earlier.. ;)God promised Abraham that he will have many descendants, as many as the stars in the sky, and He changed his name to "Abraham" meaning 'father of nations'
  • [quote author=AthanasiusTheApostolic link=board=11;threadid=2023;start=405#msg41646 date=1130912264]
    [quote author=why link=board=11;threadid=2023;start=390#msg41638 date=1130906485]

gbu
    tadpole
    marina

Comon, I didn't know the world in English and Coptic Servant told us not look in the Bible, so "fornicate" was best shot. I know the noun is adultration, but I couldn't come up with the verb.

I was reading about Anba Mosses the Black and it said that he commited fornication. I don't think he was married. why, are you sure about what you said or you playing with me.

lol ;D sorry u didnt mean to be annoying!! :P

but im pretty sure that fornication is after marrige!!

anyway it means either after or before marriage which would be different to adultry as God forbidds it after AND before marriage!! but good on ya!! :P

nice try

marina 8)
  • [quote author=Coptic-Irini link=board=11;threadid=2023;start=405#msg41659 date=1130950180]
    Uhmm that relative of Abraham, his name is Lot in Dutch...

indeed coptic-irini, in all honesty, i wasnt sure if it was plausible
    i myself found it impossible to figure out
    until i was told
    lot it is!
    well done
    and congrats to PrincessMary for the explanation (no easy feat)
  • ok heres a good one ...equal to 4 points

how come the right hand theif went to paradise without being baptised??
  • Baptism is confessing that Jesus Christ is in fact God, and baptism in itself means dying and rising with Christ. So, the only one who was really crucified with Christ was the right theif...therefore he was able to enter the paradise...and his baptism all happened when he confess that Jesus is God, and died.
  • yea like Marriane said, he died with Christ, so it was a baptism of blood

you dont necessarily have to be baptized to enter heaven, i mean in the manner as we think, abouna putting u in water 3 times...etc, there are other types of baptism
    also like st marina, she was never baptized, but when they put her in a pot of boiling water, God told her Marina consider this your baptism

-and also there is a story mentioned in the synexarium, about a woman who was on a boat with her 2 children, there was a great storm, and she thought they would die, and her kids were not baptized, so she pricked herself, and took of her blood, and made the sign of the cross on her kids, however they did not die and arrived safely, she then took them to get baptized, but when abouna came to put them in the water the water froze, and this happened 3 times, so abouna asked her what she had done, she explained to him, and he told her then it is a sign from God that that is their baptism

i dont remember where, but i think in the sunday school servants curriculum, there are 10 other reasons also why the right thief was saved
  • [quote author=why link=board=11;threadid=2023;start=405#msg41717 date=1130994277]
    [quote author=AthanasiusTheApostolic link=board=11;threadid=2023;start=405#msg41646 date=1130912264]
    [quote author=why link=board=11;threadid=2023;start=390#msg41638 date=1130906485]

gbu
    tadpole
    marina

anyway it means either after or before marriage which would be different to adultry as God forbidds it after AND before marriage!! but good on ya!! :P

nice try

marina 8)

actually why, i believe fornication is before marriage and adultry is after...
    when God gave the commandments he said adultry, but he forbids both...
  • [quote author=Christ4Life link=board=11;threadid=2023;start=420#msg41774 date=1131053210]
    [quote author=why link=board=11;threadid=2023;start=405#msg41717 date=1130994277]
    [quote author=AthanasiusTheApostolic link=board=11;threadid=2023;start=405#msg41646 date=1130912264]

gbu
    tadpole
    marina

nice try

marina 8)

actually why, i believe fornication is before marriage and adultry is after...
    when God gave the commandments he said adultry, but he forbids both...

is it? i thought adultry was before and after...so why did he only say adultry and HE forbids both......people can interpret it wrong and when they fornicate they might think that they are not at fault!!!

...btw marrianne ...you are spot on!! tops!!