Quotez

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
hi just fely like posting a nice quote i came across :P

[glow=red,2,300]If you believe what you like in the Gospel, and reject what you do not like, it is not the Gospel you believe, but yourself.

-- St. Augustine[/glow]

plz add more :P ;)...if ya want

[move] [glow=red,2,300]GBU ;) [/glow] [/move]

Comments

• [glow=red,2,300]Abba Antony besought God to inform him why young children died whilst so many old men lived, and why upright men were poor whilst the wicked were rich, and why some were blind and others had their sight, and why the righteous suffered from illness whilst the wicked were healthy, and a voice came, which said, 'Antony, take care of thine own self, for these matters are the judgements of God.'[/glow]
  • [glow=red,2,300]"Place your head on His chest, like John, and listen to His heart that beats with love for the whole world." [/glow]
    St. John Saba
  • HOW NICE! ;D..PRINCESSMARY
    and the pic, very beautiful ;)

[glow=red,2,300]This is the fulfilling of the Law: now the fulfilling of the Law is charity. And therefore before the Pasch we fast forty days. For this time before the Pasch is the sign of this our toilsome life, wherein, in toils, and cares, and continence, we fulfil the Law. But afterwards we celebrate the Pasch, that is, the days of the Lord's resurrection signifying our own resurrection.

-- Blessed Augustine, Sermons on Selected Lessons of the New Testament, Sermon LXXIV[/glow]

[move] [glow=red,2,300];) GBU ;)[/glow] [/move]
  • [glow=red,2,300]"Give me ears to hear Thee, eyes to see Thee, taste to partake of Thee, sense of smell to inhale Thee. Give me feet to walk unto Thee; lips to speak of Thee, heart to fear and love Thee. Teach me Thy ways, O Lord, and I shall walk in Thy truth. For Thou art the way, the truth and the life." · St. Tikhon of Voronezh · [/glow]
  • "anna awiz adjaawize"
    Abouna Abdel Messieh El Manahery
    ;D
  • lol ;D..ya that part was funny
  • lol
    i saw a film about him....lol :P ;D ;D ;D ;D

lol alot ;D
  • translation is 'i wanna gets married'
    if u watch the movie ull see y he says that ok
  • another quote: ;D

[glow=red,2,300]'God made me CoOl 8)'
    - Jenny Mikhail[/glow]

lol
    a quote by me!!

anyone have any more saint quoutes???

;D ;D ;D

GBU ;)

keep em comin ;)
  • [glow=red,2,300]"Come to me all you who labour and heavey laden, i will give u rest"[/glow]
    -Jesus
  • [glow=red,2,300]"what is life but vapour that apears for a while, then vanishes"
    Fr Mikhiel Ibrahim[/glow]
  • [glow=red,2,300]"How can you pray constantly, if you dont pray frequently? How can you pray spontaniously, if you dont pray with dicspline? How can you pray with your own words, if you cant pray with the words God gave you?"[/glow]
    -Fr Thomas Hobko
  • hey.... they are pretty cool
    thnx yall ;)
    anyone else have anythang else??

((lol...sorry im always askin for it?!!!!))

saints r cool...thier sayings are really touching and makes sense and esp. the ones u hav never thought of b4??!!

KeEpEmCoMiN :P ;)
  • omg !!!!

i just realised im a full member!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

wooooohoooo

i wanna chuck a party.....anbody wanna come??????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the plane ticket is on me.....the rest, u can pay ::)
  • [quote author=G.J.I link=board=4;threadid=592;start=0#msg10842 date=1094606293]
    [glow=red,2,300]"How can you pray constantly, if you dont pray frequently? How can you pray spontaniously, if you dont pray with dicspline? How can you pray with your own words, if you cant pray with the words God gave you?"[/glow]
    -Fr Thomas Hobko

Ummmmm george, i think you've been hanging around too many egyptians.... Hobko? lol

God bless you,

CS
  • i dont understand?? ???
  • george is that the asian priest from japan??
    yeh he is the best mann
    i love him , hes sooo funny and the way he talks
    hehehe CS haha ur wrong 4 1nce
    hahahaha
  • no its not

abouna thomas kuziko is from jap ;)

hes gonna come over my house b4 he goes bak to jap.... ;D ;D
  • nah, different one
  • Hey George,

I'm assuming you meant this guy:

http://www.svots.edu/Faculty/Thomas-Hopko/

:P

God bless you,

CS
  • possibly i got that quote of a sermon off one of my friends, i just memorized it and who wrote it, i dont know the guy...
  • If you are endowed with the capability to pronounce the letter P i suggest you use it... :P

God bless,

CS
  • lol no comment

....i mean it :P
  • CS is an attention seeker!!!
    ;D
    (thas wat i say wen im embarassed)
  • Lol! That joke deserves a bebsi. ;D

Jk GJI ;)
  • :'( that was hurtful.
  • I was just kidding, sorry if I hurt your feelings. :(
  • im ova it, were friends again ;)
  • The three things we crave most in life freedom, happiness, and peace of mind are almsot alway sattained by giving them to someone else --Peyton Conway March

Do not be angry that you cannot make others as you would wish them to be, since you cannot make yourself as you wish to be.-- Thomas à Kempis

We evaluate others with a godlike justice, but we want them to evaluate us with a godlike compassion-- Sydney J. Harris

We hand folks over to God's mercy, and show none ourselves. -- George Eliot

The poet Edward Everett Hale put it like this:
    I am only one,
    but still I am one.
    I cannot do everything,
    But still I can do something;
    And because I cannot do everything I will not refuse to do the something I can do.

GOD BLESS ALL! :-*

~~thanx to copticambassadors~~