convention 08?

13»

Comments

• hahahaha, I have no idea who they are... I was just thinking how ironic it would be if you knew them.
  • Lol, They're nice boys.

God Bless,
    Copt Andrew

• Would those be the two guys?
  • Oh, Young Deacon is funny stuff.
  • Yea that's them. I probably should delete that info now otherwise it was go in the wrong way with people I know.

God Bless,
    Copt Andrew
  • go right ahead
  • Those kids are hilarious (personally and on the recording).
  • ::)

I don't know them, but that video wasn't all that great. The fact that they sat and thought up of those words and made the video tells me they have no life.
  • lol, they are actually pretty cool kids to meet. They are really nice.
  • If they go to Convention, you'll like them.
  • like I said, I don't know if i'm going to convention alltogether.
  • [quote author=PopeKyrillos link=topic=6475.msg87459#msg87459 date=1210647755]
    like I said, I don't know if i'm going to convention alltogether.

Why not man? It's great!
  • I don't know. It's a little too far from now to tell. We still got to get through the last day of school.
  • ...Yeah, that's the only sucky part from now till then.
  • I bet that if we all go to convention, we'll all be in the same subgroups.
  • I would bet so.
  • but betting is wrong so we can't do it  ;D.
  • lol, I guess you're right about that.  :D
  • [quote author=PopeKyrillos link=topic=6475.msg87418#msg87418 date=1210640189]
    people from detroit who come to mcoyc are always made fun of and known for just being weird so when you thought of that idea, I'm just like he's definately from Detroit.

lol that is true, but i hate going to mcoyc because of that. There is way too much drama, we're all coptic brothers and sisters and it shouldn't be that way...

just my 2 cents.
  • [quote author=egypt45 link=topic=6475.msg87555#msg87555 date=1210719205]
    [quote author=PopeKyrillos link=topic=6475.msg87418#msg87418 date=1210640189]
    people from detroit who come to mcoyc are always made fun of and known for just being weird so when you thought of that idea, I'm just like he's definately from Detroit.

lol that is true, but i hate going to mcoyc because of that. There is way too much drama, we're all coptic brothers and sisters and it shouldn't be that way...

just my 2 cents.

I completely agree, what an excellent point! You nailed it, brother. I tend to try to avoid all of that and focus more toward the spiritual aspect of the convention.
  • come on people, it's just a joke. Don't take it so personally. People don't actually discriminate you for being from Detroit. If it really bothers you well than tell he or she to stop talking like that.
  • for all u haters on detroit, i just want you to know that their would be no convention if it wasnt for us, i mean serously we do the ENTIRE planning for it, in fact it was our former priest abouna Rafealel(past away 9 years ago) who came up with the idea, so serously we pretty much own the convention lol jk, but come on, quit the hating we are not weird

oh ya the kid david in "young deacon" used to go to my church 2 years ago but now lives in chicago and so does the other kid as well

and for the record that is for stereotypical to assume that these kids are from detroit just by the way they present themselves, i mean they are from st.mary chicago. our church is not even in the detroit city itself it is in a suburbial
    city known as Troy,
  • thebrain, sorry, this is the 25th Annual Convention, so I do not see how it was Abouna Roufail's (may God repose him) idea. In fact, H.G. Bishop David attended this convention in his youth.
  • I heard that the one who came up with the idea of convention was H.G. Bishop Antonious Morcos' brother who also was a priest (don't know his name).
  • hey guys,
    who is exactly, for sure going? just wondering!
  • WOW. PopeKyrillos...i hope your joking. his brother is Abouna Roufail. and honestly you guys who are dissing detroit people need to get a life. you obviously don't know any of them that well, and you obviously do not know how to enjoy life. it really makes me angry that you guys can just talk smack about them on a spirtual website, i thought you guys were Christian, not some haters who think it is cool to down on other churchs. if anything you should be thankful for what you have and where your living. Thier church is not even located in detroit, it is in a city called troy, i dont think you have heard of it, let alone visited it. hating on a church is like hating on Christ. you should all go and confess your sins of jelousy, hate, and for you unknowledgeable theories about the Detroit church.

All of us go to convention to have fun with friends from other states and take in the glory of God. We do NOT go their to diss other churchs and tell people whose better than others. so i suggest that you suck up your false knowledge about that church and get over yourselves.

thanks.
  • copticlovin, welcome.

Your post is quite strong. I do not know if I would classify anything that was said as hating on other churches, or jealousy, or any of that...
  • well yea it is strong because is ridiculous that you think stupid people are from detroit. we are all educated people and it is horrible that you think that you guys are not hating on them. hating on someone definatly shows jelousy