convention 08?

Comments

• ya, as aem581 said, it's the 25th convention. They said if we have pics from previous years we should send them in for a slide show, but i'm too lazy  ;D
  • At my church they raise the age requirement each year so I'm always one year short. Hopefully they won't raise it this year. I wish I can meet a lot of you in person in the Midwest convention. Message me to tell me how I can meet you because This is only my second year.

When I was 6 my dad was a chaperon and I went.  ;D
  • [quote author=Severus link=topic=6475.msg87318#msg87318 date=1210629131]
    [quote author=aem581 link=topic=6475.msg87317#msg87317 date=1210629009]
    Well this year is the 25th one, and so therefore it is going to be really good this year (The MCOYC)

Are you planning to go, aem?

Yes, I am.
  • Excellent, I hope to see you all there!
  • Where can i register for this? Or is it already too late?
  • [quote author=jydeacon link=topic=6475.msg87340#msg87340 date=1210630900]
    Where can i register for this? Or is it already too late?

No, it was just announced at my local church yesterday.

Where is your church located?
  • no jydeacon, it's not too late. However, seeing that you are from colorado and are 19, you would go to a different convention which is for college students. Also, since you aren't from the midwest, you would need a letter from your priest approving you to go. However, I think its closer for you to go to the ncoyc which is in Washington state I believe. If not, it would be somewhere in the north-west. However, I have absolutely no info about it.
  • Yes i'm located in Co, so if i want to come,i have to talk to my priest about it, is there somewhere i can get a registration form or something like that?
  • i'm not sure. Severus, the college one in kalamazoo, mi, have you heard anything about it. Cuz if Jydeacon would want to go, he needs to go there. I only have the registration for high-school in Bowling Green, Oh
  • No, I have heard nothing of a college convention, sorry :(

Hmm, jydeacon, you are old enough to be a chaperon at our humble little convention in Bowling Green :)
  • Hmm chaperoning, i don't think i'm fit to do that, you guys seem very well mannered i would just be taking up space. I will talk to my priest about the college convention, thanks for your guys help.
  • [quote author=jydeacon link=topic=6475.msg87368#msg87368 date=1210632328]
    Hmm chaperoning, i don't think i'm fit to do that, you guys seem very well mannered i would just be taking up space. I will talk to my priest about the college convention, thanks for your guys help.

I hope you did not misunderstand me...apologies.
  • No need to apologize at all, i don't believe i misunderstood, no worries.
  • [quote author=Severus link=topic=6475.msg87351#msg87351 date=1210631488]
    little convention in Bowling Green :)

Little, Certainly not from what I remembered. But then again, I was only 6 and everyone was giant so that could be different now.  ;D

But yeah, I would like to see you there Jydeacon. I hope you can make it. Only problem is...when I see all you guys how am I going to know it's you? lol.

God Bless,
    Copt Andrew
  • Well, it isn't little, but you know ;)

• lol. Anyways let's all wear post-its on our heads that say our Tasbeha.org screen names so we can all know each other and then we can give each other a big group hug and call each other by our screen names!
    I think it's a brilliant idea. Any other ideas?  ;)

(This post was just for mere fun. It wasn't serious. But if anyone is up for it I really WILL wear a post it on my fore head and write "Copt Andrew" on it.  ;D)
    lol.

Please pray for me and all your brothers and sisters,
    God Bless,
    Copt Andrew
  • ::)

Copt Andrew, are you perhaps from Detroit? If you are, well than that explains it :D
  • I am not from Detroit. But if I was, what does that explain?

God Bless,
    Copt Andrew
  • people from detroit who come to mcoyc are always made fun of and known for just being weird so when you thought of that idea, I'm just like he's definately from Detroit.
  • Pope Kyrillos, I forget if you are going. Are you? I look forward to seeing you there!

And the Detroit thing is true ;)
  • Severus, i honestly don't know. I'm debating. I don't know who's coming from my church. If any of my friends come, well than i'll consider going.
  • Nope, Not Detroit, I'M just a silly thinker. But I really am serious who wants me to wear a post-it on my head that says "Copt Andrew" on it. I'm not easily ashamed.... ;D But I'll only do it when I'm walking in the halls not in my dorm or while playing a sport of course. (First time going there for a many years so I don't really remember much. DO we play sports there? What happens there mainly?)

And Yea, I hope to see you there too PopeKyrillos

God Bless,
    Copt Andrew
  • are you sure your ansestors aren't from Detroit habibi?
  • Hehe, Nope I promise. Not Detroit.
    But Seriously I really yearn to have a oral (auditory) Conversation with one or more of you guys. Face to face. To get to know who I'm discussing online issues with. I might talk to you guys but not know it is you...I really wouldn't want that to happen.
    Any suggestions?

God Bless,
    Copt Andrew 
  • yes, I suggest you move to Detroit ;D
  • Nah, I read in an article once that Detroit is on the top 10 worst cities in America. And it's number one... :'(
    Oh well, If you guys see a boy who is normally smiling and is wearing a post-it on his head (I might even place it on my chest like a name tag soo if you see that too..) you might want to say "Hi"

God Bless,
    Copt Andrew
  • Severus! I thought of something really funny. Remember two years ago when St. Mary Chicago did the skit when the two guys were doing the human helicopter and the one guy accidently crashed the other's head into the wall! It must have hurt but it was soooooo funny!!
  • Hey PopeKyrillos.

Last year was my first time, I am a convention newb ;)
  • ahh, i see, you went the only year I didn't go lol.
  • That skit is on youtube. It's called "Young Deacon"

God Bless,
    Copt Andrew