convention 08?

edited December 1969 in Youth Corner
???

Comments

• [quote author=abcarino link=topic=6475.msg85513#msg85513 date=1207873409]
    ???

will i never been to any of the conventions , and i dont know if i should go ??? ???
  • where r u ?.. like state/province and countryÉ
  • and i went last summer to the convention in my Church in Manitoba, Canada..it was really cool..lots of fun
  • Which convention are you asking about? There is the midwest convention which took place last year in the last week of July. It was held in Ohio. HG Antonius-Markos said that there is a chance that H.H. would be attending this convention this year, but I have not heard anything as of yet.
  • Where can we get info for these conventions this year? Isn't there one held in florida as well??
  • i dont know where u guys live, but im going to one in Connecticut on May 23 or close to that date...
  • Could you provide info?
  • The one in OHIO.. ::)
  • Can anyone provide info or where one can sign up to attend these conventions, also i have a question, does there need to be a group from the church is one allowed to go on his own?
  • i think u have to go with ur church its going to be "i think" july 21 , but i never been there . so i dont know if i should go

DID ANYONE GO TO THE MIDWESTERN CONVENTION LAST YEAR?
  • [quote author=abcarino link=topic=6475.msg85796#msg85796 date=1208223035]
    i think u have to go with ur church its going to be "i think" july 21 , but i never been there . so i dont know if i should go

DID ANYONE GO TO THE MIDWESTERN CONVENTION LAST YEAR?

Really? I know someone from my church who has been to a convention on their own but i have not been able to get in touch with them.
  • you can try  but how would you know where and i heard that each church has its own groups and shirts for the convention ..which church do u go to ?
  • Hi abcarino, yes I was at the Mid-west convention last year. (Bowling Green, OH)

You can sign up in the church, usually there is a big announcement about them. You can't really miss it :)

St. Mark's in Cleveland :)
  • Thank so much ,.
  • what do the stars undder the person's name mean?
  • severus, i also go to mcoyc. HH is coming??? What???
  • Ah, you go to the one in Bowling Green as well? Excellent.

Yes, if you went last year, you might recall that H.G. Bishop Antonios-Markos mentioned that H.H., health providing and God willing, was planning to go to the convention this year. I am not sure if the plan still holds, but that is what H.G. mentioned last year.
  • But where can one sign up to go to the convention
  • [quote author=jydeacon link=topic=6475.msg85813#msg85813 date=1208226479]
    But where can one sign up to go to the convention

Ask your local Abouna about it.
  • MCOYC is on July 21-July 25. It's being held at Bowling Green University. The bishops there are going to be H.G. Anba Antonius Markos and H.G. Anba Thomas. They are always there, well so far anyways, I didn't go last year, but my best friend did, but I went the year before and they were there..so ya they are amazing and expect to learn an african song with different languages incorporated in it by H.G. Anba Antonius Markos..they are both awesome they will teach you the most amazing and interesting topics ever..no not dating, they try and stay away from questions like that!!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • Yes, I love those two :)

Coptic Servant, if H.H. goes, you can count on numerous more bishops as well. This year should be very blessed indeed.
  • hmmm, I kind of doubt it severus. It's too good to be true ;D I like coptic servent went two years ago but not last year. Cool stuff.
  • Are you planning on going this year?

As far as H.H. going, let's pray for that!  :)
  • well for the convention in Connecticut you could go on coptnet.com  at the bottom you can click on the convention- for more info.
  • i think severus may be right, I heard from somewhere that this year is going to be different and that a whole lot of churches from across the u.s. are invitedd...
  • [quote author=coptic pharaoh link=topic=6475.msg85808#msg85808 date=1208224178]
    what do the stars undder the person's name mean?

i have no idea, i've been wondering the same thing
  • Generally they show that you are in administrative possition, before the change to the new format of the forums(those of you who were around when it happened might now what i'm talking about) members with 1 star meant newbie, 2 star junior member, 3 star full member, 4 Senior, and 5 hero member. Now i only see it on admins
  • well.. i see under Severus and my name 2 stars..what do those mean?... im pretty sure non of the two of us are administrators (i know i am not for sure)and how come other people don't have them?
  • Well this year is the 25th one, and so therefore it is going to be really good this year (The MCOYC)
  • [quote author=aem581 link=topic=6475.msg87317#msg87317 date=1210629009]
    Well this year is the 25th one, and so therefore it is going to be really good this year (The MCOYC)

Are you planning to go, aem?