revealing clothe....??

13»

Comments

• [coptic]+ Iryny nem `hmot>[/coptic]

[quote author=QT_PA_2T link=topic=5649.msg75732#msg75732 date=1187624254]

Knfoc...

All i can tell u is it made sense at time of publishing.

I mean... please focus on the positive aspects of the post and not the negative.

I have done so my friend.  My posts were directed at the essence of your entire argument, and not just one minor part of it.  Everything I took issue with hinged on the the two points I had highlighted initially.

[quote author=QT_PA_2T link=topic=5649.msg75732#msg75732 date=1187624254]
    The positive aspects are that:

a) we said that the girls in the UK dress worse than the prostitutes in France. The positive aspect is that the prostitutes in France are becoming more conservative!!!
    b) We do not know whether these girls are in fact on holiday, on vacation from a different country.. we know nothing, except that EVERY SATURDAY NGHT, they are there dressed the same way: looking as prostitutes.

I'm not sure where these conclusions came from or whether they are, in fact, 'positives' as you suggest.  I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that you are merely trying to be facetious.
  • i can't beleive that u people (living in USA and so) are having this conversation :D  i thought it's just here in Egypt
    But here it's much more difficult to decide what to wear because we live between two extremes: being covered from head to toe or showing everything...and as a christian minority you need to give a good example about Christianity.....
  • i juss have a small story to share.  ;) its not rely about revealing but here goes. bak in the yrs grls were not appropiate if they wore pants to church.  so, one day, a grl wore pants and all the grls made fun o her and started judging and talking bout her.  it tiurns out that she had a big opertaion surgery and her legs were lke literally cut swollen and well... messed up looking.   :(

...>>>>my point is that these ppl judged and they didnt no the reason.  >>> i personally dont think its rite to lke reveal to much.  like wering shorts, skirts and stuff outside of church is fine.  but not too tight and stil not too mini.  and well for boys pants lke falling seriously wats the point/  but lke living in the U.S. is qiuoite differ than egypt.  its hard to find "good clothing"soo yeah

and another point, it may stil be the peron who wers the clothes fault becuz if they do it on purpose, to get attention they r commitibg sin and not only but making others do a sin too. 

hoped i helped a little bit!! ;D

./
    mahareel
    plzz p4m sister in Christ

[quote author=smile4ever link=topic=5649.msg76423#msg76423 date=1188853220]
    i can't beleive that u people (living in USA and so) are having this conversation :D

Why does this surprise you?  Copts will be Copts regardless of where they leave, and regardless of how free a particular society is.
  • [quote author=Κηφᾶς link=topic=5649.msg76446#msg76446 date=1188909844]
    [coptic]+ Iryny nem `hmot>[/coptic]

[quote author=smile4ever link=topic=5649.msg76423#msg76423 date=1188853220]
    i can't beleive that u people (living in USA and so) are having this conversation :D

Why does this surprise you?  Copts will be Copts regardless of where they leave, and regardless of how free a particular society is.

would you realli generalise such mind sets as copts or egyptian community??

Yeah, I think it is safe to generalize this sort of behaviour.  I mean, this thread is an illustration of it.  You have people on both sides of the spectrum presenting arguments here.  You will find close-minded people who do not wish to change anything about, what they deem to be, 'Egyptian' or 'Coptic' culture (including clothing), and you will find others who take the opposite extreme and embrace everything in Western society while disregarding everything they perceive to be 'Coptic' or 'Egyptian'.  Then you will have those who have a more balanced outlook and pick and choose from each culture, taking the best from each, and rejecting other customs/traditions.  You and I take the balanced approach, but I know of other people, who have grown up outside of Egypt, that take are more 'close-minded' approach as well as the other extreme. 
  • balance... always the best route to take :)
  • why would you wear revealing clothes. egyptians were raised in a society where that was never done, so it makes them look, you clearly know this , so why draw attention to yourself? it can also be a sin on your part, because it can be a reason for attention, and if it causes the opposite gender to lust, and look at you wrong, then its a sin on both parts. also a man loves a woman who knows what shes about, she doesent have to reveal to show anything, she knows who she is and what she is so she wears normal clothes that arent revealing. this is much more attractives then girls at highschool and stuff that show everything, this turns men off, not boys maybe, but men. Godbless. 23