Bible/Saint Trivia

Comments

• lol keep looking! Also another hint is that he was martyred, so that was included in his title after he died.
    Hope that helps

-peter
  • just a guess but
    Pope Saint Kyrillos VI??

here's a Q: these events were told onli in ONE gospel; the mute and demon possessed man, jesus provides the temple tax, the end of judas iscariots life, guarding the tomb and priests claim jesu body was stolen....so which one??? pretty easy since there's onli four options lol
  • [quote author=kerestina link=topic=1841.msg73537#msg73537 date=1183109025]

here's a Q: these events were told onli in ONE gospel; the mute and demon possessed man, jesus provides the temple tax, the end of judas iscariots life, guarding the tomb and priests claim jesu body was stolen....so which one??? pretty easy since there's onli four options lol

i think they r all found in mathew. correct me if am wrong.
  • YUP spot on buddy :)
    ok.... anotha? name four barren wives whom God granted children?
  • [quote author=kerestina link=topic=1841.msg73541#msg73541 date=1183117603]
    name four barren wives whom God granted children?

1.elithabeth (st. john's the babtist mom)
    2.anna (st mary's mom)
    3.samuel's mom (hanna)
    4.sarah (isach's mom)

sorry if spelling is wrong
  • also there r a lot more such as:-
    st.mina's mom
    samson's mom
    and lots more

If u know more list them?
  • I got a few questions...

These answers come from Galatians- but try not to look :)

1. Who wrote Galatians?

2. Paul said that even if an ________ preached any other gospel, that they should be accursed.

3. After 3 years Paul went up to Jerusalem to see whom?

• [coptic]+ Iryny nem `hmot>[/coptic]

1) The author typically attributed to writing Galatians is Paul

2) 'angel from heaven'

3) Peter (or Cephas) and the other Apostles.
  • yup! and for 3, the answer is just Peter which you said.

1. Who wrote the book of Acts?

2. What was Stephen accused of?

• 1.St.luke
    2.blasphomy??
  • lol ok let me think of some harder questions....u guys r wizzes......
    1) who was the first angel mentioned in the bible?
    2)what is the first war between kings recorded in the bible?
  • Good questions kerestina
    well...
    1. the first angel mentioned in the bible is Jophiel who is one of the cherubim.
    2. im not sure but i think it might have been 2 leaders of the asyrian empire or something liek that.
  • well, were't there only 3 angels mentioned in the Bible? and weren't they Michael, Gabriel, and Raphael? so wouldnt it be one of those? lol

well i might be wrong, but for

1. i think Gabriel
    2. dont know
  • wouldn't the first angel mentioned in the bible be lucifer or satan before he became that? And then if it's not that then my guess would be Archangel Micheal because Joshua saw him, and Joshua came pretty early in the bible.
  • New question- Which martyr was a priest in the 7th century in Old Cairo?
    Hint: He was burned to death

2: Which saint's father actually martyred her for converting to Christianity, and killed her christian friend too?
  • AWESOME GUYS!!!!!! :)
    1) one of the cherubim who guarded the tree of life Gensis 3:24
    2) war of kedorlaomer where 4 kings fought 5 kings Gensis 14:1,4

btw coptic pete did i guess Pope Kyrillos VI right?
  • no actualy kerestina it was pope peter seal of the martyrs.  But it was a good try!
  • 32.  i believe its saint veronica.. its wen Jesus was passin bi carring his cross.
  • any more clues PK??
  • 2: Which saint's father actually martyred her for converting to Christianity, and killed her christian friend too

St. Barbara's father, and St. Juliana is her friend
  • New question- Which martyr was a priest in the 7th century in Old Cairo?
    Hint: He was burned to death

My second hint is that he was a monk from the monastery of abu makar. Also, they buried him in the church of Abu Sarga in Old Cairo.
  • [quote author=PrincessMary link=topic=1841.msg27940#msg27940 date=1118355917]
    saint Photini is right but her two sons 1 is Joseph/Joses the other is Victor :) good job :)

didnt bother to read the rest.

this is what happened. when they were in jail.

Christ appeared to these Christians before the soldiers arrived and told them to have faith, and they would be rewarded in His Kingdom. He appeared to Victor separately and told him that from that day forth he would be known as Fotinos, instead of Victor, for he had bestowed the true light upon many people. (Fotinos is the Greek word for someone who sheds light.).
  • the second one is saint Veronica rite.  i think soo. 
  • nobody knows mine???
  • Pope Kyrollos, I think i might know the answer to your question, but im like 75 % sure im wrong! lol

is it Menas?

and if not..
    was he a hermit?
  • His feast is June 1st, same day as the feast of the coming of Christ into Egypt-that help?
  • [quote author=PopeKyrillos link=topic=1841.msg73770#msg73770 date=1183524959]
    His feast is June 1st, same day as the feast of the coming of Christ into Egypt-that help?

yeas a lot i searched the synaxarium. ;D is it St. Simon the Stylite
  • New question.

What 3 feasts of the lord come on 3 consecutive sundays every year? ;D
  • [quote author=abkarino22 link=topic=1841.msg73892#msg73892 date=1183828154]
    [quote author=PopeKyrillos link=topic=1841.msg73770#msg73770 date=1183524959]
    His feast is June 1st, same day as the feast of the coming of Christ into Egypt-that help?

yeas a lot i searched the synaxarium. ;D is it St. Simon the Stylite

I cannot believe this... your wrong...  It's Not St. Simon or menas as marmar said..

Come on go search in the syexarium on June 1st.