praying on the dead!

2»

Comments

• [quote author=WMA link=board=4;threadid=3410;start=30#msg61834 date=1160230975]
    But if someone loses faith and hope in God, but doesn't kill themselves, and later regains hope and faith, can't tthey repent? ???

there is no such a thing "CAN NOT REPENT!" no matter how bad and how big our sins are! god still loves us and want us back!!!
    st. moses the black he was a murder and did all the bad things u could every imagine, but he repented and became one of the greatest saints!!

bentBABAyasooa`
  • ye shes like 100 percent right
  • make that 1000 ! :P
  • [quote author=bentBABAyasooa` link=board=4;threadid=3410;start=30#msg61843 date=1160255141]
    [quote author=WMA link=board=4;threadid=3410;start=30#msg61834 date=1160230975]
    But if someone loses faith and hope in God, but doesn't kill themselves, and later regains hope and faith, can't tthey repent? ???

there is no such a thing "CAN NOT REPENT!" no matter how bad and how big our sins are! god still loves us and want us back!!!
    st. moses the black he was a murder and did all the bad things u could every imagine, but he repented and became one of the greatest saints!!

bentBABAyasooa`

Then again I ask, if someone commits suicide why can't they be prayed on like someone else who died with sin on their soul? You said that it was because they lost faith and hope in God, but just now it was said that if you lost faith and hope, and then returned and repented you would be forgiven, so what changes in suicide?
  • just to clarify, one reason we pray on the dead is so that God will forgive the person the sins that they unintentionally forgot to confess or were unaware that they were doing.
  • [quote author=emghaly23 link=board=4;threadid=3410;start=30#msg61911 date=1160452050]
    just to clarify, one reason we pray on the dead is so that God will forgive the person the sins that they unintentionally forgot to confess or were unaware that they were doing.

What if a person sins, and plans to confess, but dies before they have chance? E.g. they get hit by a car

Does praying on that person get those sins forgiven? If no-one prays on/for that person are they condemned to hell? If it is not possible to pray for such a person for such a sin, are they condemned to hell?
  • [quote author=WMA link=board=4;threadid=3410;start=30#msg61913 date=1160456578]
    What if a person sins, and plans to confess, but dies before they have chance? E.g. they get hit by a car

lol i heard a story once of this girl who had repented & made a list of the things she would confess. as she woz on her way to see her confession father.. she was involved in a car accident that took her life. the note was found later and everything on it had been crossed off with blood .

just a story to show that the Lord is merciful. ;D P4M !!
  • Can someone please answer the rest of my questions? ???
  • [quote author=WMA link=board=4;threadid=3410;start=30#msg61910 date=1160450177]
    [quote author=bentBABAyasooa` link=board=4;threadid=3410;start=30#msg61843 date=1160255141]
    [quote author=WMA link=board=4;threadid=3410;start=30#msg61834 date=1160230975]

bentBABAyasooa`

Then again I ask, if someone commits suicide why can't they be prayed on like someone else who died with sin on their soul? You said that it was because they lost faith and hope in God, but just now it was said that if you lost faith and hope, and then returned and repented you would be forgiven, so what changes in suicide?

hey WMA,
    i will do my best to answer ur questions!
    u said "IF THEY DON"T KILL THEMSELVES AND REPENT LATER when they regain their hope and faith!!"

if u lose faith and hope in god, and u kill urself then u can have a funeral but abona won't do the prayer that abona does when ppl die cuz u GAVE UP HOPE IN GOD AND U LOST FAITH IN HIM! and it is known that our god is a merciful and patient and forgiving GOD!!! but that doesn't mean we should give up hope in him, cuz he is v.v.v.vv.v. patient and do things only IN THE RGT TIME!!!

Does praying on that person get those sins forgiven? If no-one prays on/for that person are they condemned to hell? If it is not possible to pray for such a person for such a sin, are they condemned to hell?

if u planned to confesd and ba3d el shar somen bad happened to u, then to what Hizz_child said....... god forgive ur sins!!
    when abona prays on a dead person that died normal! he prays to god to yehazen the family, and forgive his sins whether he forgot to confess abt or he did somen by unintentionaly!!!!

u do get condemined to hell if u killed ur self, cuz god has a plan for u and a message that u need to do and send! u can't leave earth without finishing ur message first!!

i hope i helped, and anyone can feel free to correct me!
    BENTBABAyasooa`