The Eucharist and Menstruation

Comments

• discharge is for: Normal vaginal discharge has several purposes: cleaning and moistening the vagina and helping to prevent and fight infections.

so it's nothing to do with sexual feelings and i asked my abouna and he said you just need to wash before going to the mass and that's it
  • hmmmmmmmm....i see...wait wait....you asked...your abouna...about...discharge?!?!??!?!??!?!
  • [quote author=mnc_hnn link=board=1;threadid=4421;start=30#msg61196 date=1159128213]
    discharge is for: Normal vaginal discharge has several purposes: cleaning and moistening the vagina and helping to prevent and fight infections.

so it's nothing to do with sexual feelings and i asked my abouna and he said you just need to wash before going to the mass and that's it

wow...... i would feel shy talking about that with abona! i tell him everything... but not including the female body parts!!! i would talk to his wife about it.... but not HIM!! i would feel shy, words woN'T come out of my mouth about that subject!!!!!

bentBABAyasooa`
  • yes i asked MY ABOUNA, you should tell your abouna everything everything

and that's not the most embarrasing thing because it's a question, it's embarrasing when you confess mistakes not asking about stuff

that's what abouna teached me he should be like your father
  • [quote author=mnc_hnn link=board=1;threadid=4421;start=30#msg61272 date=1159287455]
    yes i asked MY ABOUNA, you should tell your abouna everything everything

and that's not the most embarrasing thing because it's a question, it's embarrasing when you confess mistakes not asking about stuff

that's what abouna teached me he should be like your father

:o
  • fe aih ya benty, you got a shock? lol
  • Quick question. If you're a woman in an unclean state, can you even enter the church, then? I mean, you can't take communion, but can you attend the liturgy?
    --Ann
  • Quick question. If you're a woman in an unclean state, can you even enter the church, then? I mean, you can't take communion, but can you attend the liturgy?
    --Ann

it's not unclean, and yes you can attend the whole liturgy it's very fine you just don't take communion
  • Are women allowed in the alter when they have their periods?

Why aren't women regularly allowed in the main alter?
  • [quote author=mnc_hnn link=board=1;threadid=4421;start=30#msg61310 date=1159378345]
    fe aih ya benty, you got a shock? lol

mashi ya set monica!

idon't get shocked that easliy!!!

bentBABAyasooa`
  • [quote author=mnc_hnn link=board=1;threadid=4421;start=30#msg61310 date=1159378345]

loll
  • [quote author=marmara327 link=board=1;threadid=4421;start=30#msg61814 date=1160174996]
    [quote author=mnc_hnn link=board=1;threadid=4421;start=30#msg61310 date=1159378345]

loll

agabetak awy di!!
    hahahhaa.........
    bentBABAyasooa`
  • [quote author=Gods kid link=board=1;threadid=4421;start=30#msg61808 date=1160170367]
    Are women allowed in the alter when they have their periods?

Why aren't women regularly allowed in the main alter?

Gods kid,
    Only the deacons who are serving in the altar are allowed to enter during the mass.. and women cannot become deacons, they cannot serve in the altar.. therefore they cannot enter ;D
  • mmkay .....soooooo notice that during the last dinner, there were NO women...just disciples...but Jseus did say..."take all of you" ...or something like that....but then again ...we go by tradition...and ive been told that women cant be priests cuz in the BIBLE there wasnt a women priest...if there was it would have been saint mary of course! does this make sense? any explanations and or corrections?
  • last supper not dinner :P besides that its fine ;D
  • [quote author=Hizz_chiilld link=board=1;threadid=4421;start=45#msg61826 date=1160197417]
    last supper not dinner :P besides that its fine ;D

lol as far as u understand what it is it's fine nevermind lunch or dinner or supper

Quote from: mnc_hnn on September 27, 2006, 03:32:25 PM

loll

agabetak awy di!!
    hahahhaa.........
    bentBABAyasooa`

lol yea 3agbany hehehe
  • mmkay so last supper...got it...so whats the asnwer to dat one? hmmmmm.........
  • [quote author=mnc_hnn link=board=1;threadid=4421;start=45#msg61837 date=1160241112]
    [quote author=Hizz_chiilld link=board=1;threadid=4421;start=45#msg61826 date=1160197417]
    last supper not dinner :P besides that its fine ;D

lol as far as u understand what it is it's fine nevermind lunch or dinner or supper

Quote from: mnc_hnn on September 27, 2006, 03:32:25 PM

loll

agabetak awy di!!
    hahahhaa.........
    bentBABAyasooa`

lol yea 3agbany hehehe

we ana maoolteash haga!
    hahahahhaa......

bentbabayasooa`
  • mmkay so last supper...got it...so whats the asnwer to dat one? hmmmmm.........

did you ask a question?
  • What about when there is no service, why can't women enter the alter unless they are twelve or younger?

Are we considered unclean or something?

Is it a sin to get your period after taking communion?
    What do you do if you do get it?
  • Hangon, that wasnt my understanding from reading Iqbal's answer.

My understsanding was you cannot have the Holy Communion if you are menstruating because its a sign of respect for the alter and the Holy of the Holies. You're not a sinner for having period. O dear!! What a thing to say!!

The point was the woman who was bleeding touched the Lord's coat, but not Him. OK.. that's respectable; but, it can't be right to deprive a woman from the Holy COmmunion because she's menstruating?! It means she'll lose out on communion once a month!?? That's quite serious!

Confess if you break any of our Lord's commandments in your thoughts, your actions etc... but having Communion whilst menstruating requires a permission from the priest to give you a 7el (permission).

• [quote author=vassilios link=board=1;threadid=4421;start=45#msg61904 date=1160438795]
    Hangon, that wasnt my understanding from reading Iqbal's answer.

My understsanding was you cannot have the Holy Communion if you are menstruating because its a sign of respect for the alter and the Holy of the Holies. You're not a sinner for having period. O dear!! What a thing to say!!

The point was the woman who was bleeding touched the Lord's coat, but not Him. OK.. that's respectable; but, it can't be right to deprive a woman from the Holy COmmunion because she's menstruating?! It means she'll lose out on communion once a month!?? That's quite serious!

Confess if you break any of our Lord's commandments in your thoughts, your actions etc... but having Communion whilst menstruating requires a permission from the priest to give you a 7el (permission).

not necessarily once a month.. u dont always get it on sundays ..
    as it has been said before.. anyone who is bleeding cannot receive holy communion because we have to keep The Holy Body & Blood of Christ insidee us..

What about when there is no service, why can't women enter the alter unless they are twelve or younger?

umm .. not sure ?

Is it a sin to get your period after taking communion?

Its a sin if you dispose of the blood.. you should burn it.
  • OK y'all,
    Im no expert on jewish traditions etc, but there is NO way menstruating is a sin in the Coptic Church.

Secondly, the excuse that you can't have the holy communion when menstruating doesnt hold simply because a woman who is menstruating cannot even enter the alter - period (no pun intended!).

As far as Im aware, she cannot enter nor participate the holy communion out of respect (its as if she's not fasting).

Talking about sin and being unholy because you have menstrual periods is. frankly speaking, driving me crazy.

And on TOP of that, if a woman has a period, then its NO ONE's business!!! We are not religious police like in Islam to go and ask women if they are having their periods in Church. How rude.

Its between her and HER Father of Confession!! But , as far as Im concerned, i would encourage my wife or my daughter (if they havent had communion for a very very long time) to get the OK from their FoC and not lose out on this sacrement!

What i don't like about islam is that other people enforce God's will or their interpretation fo His will on others. What's wrong with us?? Every girl/lady/woman who has a period is our sister in Christ, and using terms like "unclean" or "sinful" to describe this within a christian context is very very motakhaliff (in my humble opinion).

• using terms like "unclean" or "sinful" to describe this within a christian context is very very motakhaliff (in my humble opinion).

exactly retarded n i agree with you

are all questions answered yet?

bout the alter, u don need to neway as you dont serve in the alter u dont need to enter it
  • [quote author=mnc_hnn link=board=1;threadid=4421;start=45#msg61936 date=1160505063]

bout the alter, u don need to neway as you dont serve in the alter u dont need to enter it

when i was little i entered the big alter of the communion and i was like not even 10 yrs old and there was omena, and she yelled at me " hey u, GET OUT OF THERE!"

?!?

bentBABAyaoosa`
  • [quote author=bentBABAyasooa` link=board=1;threadid=4421;start=45#msg62129 date=1160861266]
    [quote author=mnc_hnn link=board=1;threadid=4421;start=45#msg61936 date=1160505063]

when i was little i entered the big alter of the communion and i was like not even 10 yrs old and there was omena, and she yelled at me " hey u, GET OUT OF THERE!"

?!?

bentBABAyaoosa`

may be it was just so you get used not to go in there, but did she 'yell' at you? ??? that's a bit strange
  • Is it a sin to get your period after taking communion?

Its a sin if you dispose of the blood.. you should burn it.

How would you burn all of that?
  • [quote author=vassilios link=board=1;threadid=4421;start=45#msg61914 date=1160473990]
    As far as Im aware, she cannot enter nor participate the holy communion out of respect (its as if she's not fasting).

How is it as if she is not fasting if she didn't eat?
  • [quote author=Hizz_chiilld link=board=1;threadid=4421;start=45#msg61906 date=1160440062]

What about when there is no service, why can't women enter the alter unless they are twelve or younger?

umm .. not sure ?

Does anyone know the answer to this?