stories id like to share

edited December 1969 in Youth Corner
these stories were made by Abouna Karas and if u would like to receive them regularly write to him on [email protected]

A young man was getting ready to graduate from college. For many months he had admired a beautiful sports car in a dealer's showroom, and knowing his father could well afford it, he told him that was all he wanted. As Graduation Day approached, the young man awaited signs that his father had purchased the car. Finally, on the morning of his graduation, his father called him into his private study. His father told him how proud he was to have such a fine son, and told him how much he loved him. He handed his son a beautiful wrapped gift box.

Curious, but somewhat disappointed, the young man opened the box and found a lovely, leather-bound Bible, with the young man's name embossed in gold. Angrily, he raised his voice to his father and said, "With all your money you give me a Bible?" and stormed out of the house, leaving the Bible. Many years passed and the young man was very successful in business. He had a beautiful home and wonderful family, but realized his father was very old, and thought perhaps he should go to him. He had not seen him since that graduation day. Before he could make arrangements, he received a telegram telling him his father had passed away, and willed all of his possessions to his son. He needed to come home immediately and take care of things.

When he arrived at his father's house, sudden sadness and regret filled his heart. He began to search through his father's important papers and saw the still new Bible, just as he had left it years ago. With tears, he opened the Bible and began to turn the pages. His father had carefully underlined a verse, Matt 7:11, "And if ye, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more shall your Heavenly father which is in heaven, give to those who ask Him?" As he read those words, a car key dropped from the back of the Bible. It had a tag with the dealer's name, the same dealer who had the sports car he had desired. On the tag was the date of his graduation, and the words ..PAID IN FULL.

How many times do we miss God's blessings because they are not packaged as we expected?

Comments

• o wow thx 4 the im & that was a beautiful story. it's so sad though - send shiverz down my spine LOL
    God Bless
  • That was really a very beautiful story, thanks for sharing it.

God Bless+
  • Wonderful story, thanks for sharing it with us :D
  • That's a really beautiful story, each time i hear it i feel so upset at the way i am not grateful towards God sometimes....

Thanks for sharing it :)
  • no problems ppz. the next 1 is comin v soon.... :D
  • here is the next 1:

God won't ask what kind of car you drove, but will ask how many people you drove who didn't have transportation.
    God won't ask the square footage of your house, but will ask how many people you welcomed into your house.
    God won't ask about the fancy clothes you had in your closet, but will ask how many of those clothes helped the needy.
    God won't ask about your social status, but will ask what kind of class you displayed.
    God won't ask how many material possessions you had, but will ask if they dictated your life.
    God won't ask what your highest salary was, but will ask if you compromised your character to obtain that salary.
    God won't ask how much overtime you worked, but will ask if you worked overtime for your family and loved ones.
    God won't ask how many promotions you received, but will ask how you promoted others.
    God won't ask what your job title was, but will ask if you performed your job to the best of your ability.
    God won't ask what you did to help yourself, but will ask what you did to help others.
    God won't ask how many friends you had, but will ask how many people to whom you were a true friend.
    God won't ask what you did to protect your rights, but will ask what you did to protect the rights of others.
    God won't ask in what neighborhood you lived, but will ask how you treated your neighbors.
    God won't ask about the color of your skin, but will ask about the content of your character.
    God won't ask how many times your deeds matched your words, but will ask how many times they didn't.
    God won't ask you about all the important people you have met, but he will ask you if you knew his Son.

god bless :D
  • heres the next 1 ;)
  • feedback any1?
  • that was really nice. God bless, id love to hear more. ;D
  • mee too :D
  • ok people here is da next 1
  • There was a rich merchant who had 4 wives. He loved the 4th wife the most and adorned her with rich robes and treated her to delicacies. He took great care of her and gave her nothing but the best. He also loved the 3rd wife very much. He's very proud of her and always wanted to show off her to his friends. However, the merchant is always in great fear that she might run away with some other men. He too, loved his 2nd wife. She is a very considerate person, always patient and in fact is the merchant's confidante. Whenever the merchant faced some problems, he always turned to his 2nd wife and she would always help him out and tide him through difficult times.

Now, the merchant's 1st wife is a very loyal partner and has made great contributions in maintaining his wealth and business as well as taking care of the household. However, the merchant did not love the first wife and although she loved him deeply, he hardly took notice of her.

One day, the merchant fell ill. Before long, he knew that he was going to die soon. He thought of his luxurious life and told himself, "Now I have 4 wives with me. But when I die, I'll be alone. How lonely I'll be!" Thus, he asked the 4th wife, "I loved you most, endowed you with the finest clothing and showered great care over you.

Now that I'm dying, will you follow me and keep me company?" "No way!" replied the 4th wife and she walked away without another word. The answer cut like a sharp knife right into the merchant's heart. The sad merchant then asked the 3rd wife, "I have loved you so much for all my life. Now that I'm dying, will you follow me and keep me company?" "No!" replied the 3rd wife. "Life is so good over here! I'm going to remarry when you die!" The merchant's heart sank and turned cold. He then asked the 2nd wife, "I always turned to you for help and you've always helped me out.

Now I need your help again. When I die, will you follow me and keep me company?" "I'm sorry, I can't help you out this time!" replied the 2nd wife. "At the very most, I can only send you to your grave." The answer came like a bolt of thunder and the merchant was devastated. Then a voice called out : "I'll leave with you. I'll follow you no matter where you go." The merchant looked up and there was his first wife. She was so skinny, almost like she suffered from malnutrition. Greatly grieved, the merchant said, "I should have taken much better care of you while I could have !"

Actually, we all have 4 wives in our lives. The 4th wife is our body. No matter how much time and effort we lavish in making it look good, it'll never leave with us when we die. Our 3rd wife ? Our possessions, status and wealth.

When we die, they all go to others. The 2nd wife is our family and friends. No matter how close they had been there for us when we're alive, the furthest they can stay by us is up to the grave.

The 1st wife is in fact our soul, often neglected in our pursuit of material wealth and sensual pleasure. Guess what ? It is actually the only thing that follows us wherever we go. Perhaps it's a good idea to cultivate and strengthen it now rather than to wait until we're on our deathbed to lament.

;)
  • Yea, my mom told my that story. I realy liked it.
  • wow, thats so beautiful && so true. but does that mean its wrong to like money, dress up, etc ? or is it okay as long as you dont go too far with it and always put your spirituality first ?
  • That last one was really beautiful. Thanks a lot and please keep them coming, these are all very good.
  • that is a really touching story. Keep sending tose stories, plzzz. ;) ;D
  • Wow that was great bro i especially needed that story about the father and son cause i just tonight got into it with mine .Thanks and god bless you and pray for me.
  • no probs. watch this space...
  • yea we were discussing the first one about the car in sunday school and my Teacher's eyes started watering it was really beautiful and i loved that one about the 4 wives

Thx for sharing and plz keep them coming

#1 nerd
    Irene
  • [quote author=josephgabriel link=board=13;threadid=3774;start=0#msg54588 date=1147452693]
    There was a rich merchant who had 4 wives. He loved the 4th wife the most and adorned her with rich robes and treated her to delicacies. He took great care of her and gave her nothing but the best. He also loved the 3rd wife very much. He's very proud of her and always wanted to show off her to his friends. However, the merchant is always in great fear that she might run away with some other men. He too, loved his 2nd wife. She is a very considerate person, always patient and in fact is the merchant's confidante. Whenever the merchant faced some problems, he always turned to his 2nd wife and she would always help him out and tide him through difficult times.

Now, the merchant's 1st wife is a very loyal partner and has made great contributions in maintaining his wealth and business as well as taking care of the household. However, the merchant did not love the first wife and although she loved him deeply, he hardly took notice of her.

One day, the merchant fell ill. Before long, he knew that he was going to die soon. He thought of his luxurious life and told himself, "Now I have 4 wives with me. But when I die, I'll be alone. How lonely I'll be!" Thus, he asked the 4th wife, "I loved you most, endowed you with the finest clothing and showered great care over you.

Now that I'm dying, will you follow me and keep me company?" "No way!" replied the 4th wife and she walked away without another word. The answer cut like a sharp knife right into the merchant's heart. The sad merchant then asked the 3rd wife, "I have loved you so much for all my life. Now that I'm dying, will you follow me and keep me company?" "No!" replied the 3rd wife. "Life is so good over here! I'm going to remarry when you die!" The merchant's heart sank and turned cold. He then asked the 2nd wife, "I always turned to you for help and you've always helped me out.

Now I need your help again. When I die, will you follow me and keep me company?" "I'm sorry, I can't help you out this time!" replied the 2nd wife. "At the very most, I can only send you to your grave." The answer came like a bolt of thunder and the merchant was devastated. Then a voice called out : "I'll leave with you. I'll follow you no matter where you go." The merchant looked up and there was his first wife. She was so skinny, almost like she suffered from malnutrition. Greatly grieved, the merchant said, "I should have taken much better care of you while I could have !"

Actually, we all have 4 wives in our lives. The 4th wife is our body. No matter how much time and effort we lavish in making it look good, it'll never leave with us when we die. Our 3rd wife ? Our possessions, status and wealth.

When we die, they all go to others. The 2nd wife is our family and friends. No matter how close they had been there for us when we're alive, the furthest they can stay by us is up to the grave.

The 1st wife is in fact our soul, often neglected in our pursuit of material wealth and sensual pleasure. Guess what ? It is actually the only thing that follows us wherever we go. Perhaps it's a good idea to cultivate and strengthen it now rather than to wait until we're on our deathbed to lament.

;)

That is a really cute, wonderful, and pleasant story, thanks for sharing!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • Really great stories thanks so much god bless. :)
  • here u go guys soz for the delay...

Be careful of your thoughts
    for your thoughts become your word.

Be careful of your words
    for your words become your actions.

Be careful of your actions
    for your actions become your habits.

Be careful of your habits
    for your habits become your character.

Be careful of your character
    for your character becomes your destiny.

• and the next:
    group of frogs were traveling through the woods, and two of them
    fell into a deep pit. When the other frogs saw how deep the pit
    was, they told the two frogs that they were as good as dead. The
    two frogs ignored the comments and tried to jump up out of the pit
    with all their might. The other frogs kept telling them to stop,
    that they were as good as dead. Finally, one of the frogs took
    heed to what the other frogs were saying and gave up. He fell down
    and died.

The other frog continued to jump as hard as he could. Once again,
    the crowd of frogs yelled at him to stop the pain and just die. He
    jumped even harder and finally made it out. When he got out, the
    other frogs said, "Did you not hear us?" The frog explained to
    them that he was deaf. He thought they were encouraging him the
    entire time.

This story teaches two lessons:

1. There is power of life and death in the tongue. An encouraging
    word to someone who is down can lift them up and help them make it
    through the day.

2. A destructive word to someone who is down can be what it takes
    to kill them.

Be careful of what you say. Speak life to those who cross your
    path. The power of words... it is sometimes hard to understand
    that an encouraging word can go such a long way. Anyone can speak
    words that tend to rob another of the spirit to continue in
    difficult times. Special is the individual who will take the time
    to encourage another.

• and the next:
    Jesus,
    You surely don’t expect me to be so preoccupied. How could I not have the time io think of you?
    + You are always at my side.

+ Jesus,
    You alone are my strength, my courage, my support.

+ I want to make a habit, Jesus,
    of speaking to You as a Friend, to confide my joys and sorrows.

+ And so, from the bottom of my heart, I want to say simply:
    Jesus, I love you!

+ When I am tired, help me still to say:
    Jesus, I love you!

+ When I find it hard to forgive, I need only to repeat:
    Jesus, I love you!

+ When darkness comes on me, and I don’t know where You are, I wall call on You, and say:
    Jesus, I love you!

+ My daily task will become easier, and my work will become a prayer which says:
    Jesus, I love you!

+ What trouble can shake me, what suffering overcome me, if I can always repeat:
    Jesus, I love you!

+ For the joys You give me, for the graces You shower on me, my Thank You will always be:
    Jesus, I love you!

+ And simply to please You, for no other reason, let me often say:
    Jesus, I love you!

+ And when the evening of my life comes, and You invite me home, let me say for one last time here below, before I depart:
    Jesus, I love you!

+ And when You call me for judgement, be merciful, Lord, because You know how many times I have said:
    Jesus, I love you!

• and the next
    "Don't underestimate your worth by comparing yourself with others. It is because we are different that each of us is special.

Don't set your goals by what other people deem important. Only you know what is best for you.

Don't take for granted the things closest to your heart. Cling to them as you would your life, for without them life is meaningless.

Don't let your life slip through your fingers by living in the past or for the future. By living your life one day at a time, you will live all the days of your life.

Don't five up when you still have something to give. Nothing is really over until the moment you stop trying.

Don't be afraid to encounter risks. It is by taking chances that we learn how to be brave.

Don't shut love out of your life by saying it's impossible to find. The quickest way to receive love is to give love; the fastest way to lose love is to hold to it tightly; and the best way to keep love is to give it wings..

Don't dismiss your dreams, to be without dreams is to be without hope; to be without hope is to be without purpose.

Don't run through life so fast that you forget not only where you've been but also where you're going.

Life is not a race, but a journey to be savored each and every step of the way.

• and again:
    Did you know that an eagle knows when a storm is approaching long before it breaks?
    The eagle will fly to some high spot and wait for the winds to come. When the storm hits, it sets its wings so that the wind will pick it up and lift it above the storm. While the storm rages below, the eagle is soaring above it.

The eagle does not escape the storm. It simply uses the storm to lift it higher. It rises on the winds that bring the storm.

When the storms of life come upon us - and all of us will experience them - we can rise above them by setting our minds and our belief toward God. The storms do not have to overcome us. We can allow God's power to lift us above them.

God enables us to ride the winds of the storm that bring sickness, tragedy, failure and disappointment in our lives. We can soar above the storm.

Remember, it is not the burdens of life that weigh us down, it is how we handle them

• and again
    and his father were walking on the mountains.
    Suddenly, his son falls, hurts himself and screams: "AAAhhhhhhhhhhh!!!"
    To his surprise, he hears the voice repeating, somewhere in the mountain: "AAAhhhhhhhhhhh!!!"
    Curious, he yells: "Who are you?"
    He receives the answer: "Who are you?"
    And then he screams to the mountain: "I admire you!"
    The voice answers: "I admire you!"
    Angered at the response, he screams: "Coward!"
    He receives the answer: "Coward!"
    He looks to his father and asks: "What's going on?"
    The father smiles and says: "My son, pay attention."
    Again the man screams: "You are a champion!"
    The voice answers: "You are a champion!"
    The boy is surprised, but does not understand.
    Then the father explains: "People call this ECHO, but really this is LIFE.
    It gives you back everything you say or do.
    Our life is simply a reflection of our actions.
    If you want more love in the world, create more love in your heart.
    If you want more competence in your team, improve your competence.
    This relationship applies to everything, in all aspects of life;
    Life will give you back everything you have given to it."

YOUR LIFE IS NOT A COINCIDENCE. IT'S A REFLECTION OF YOU!"

• Satan called a worldwide convention. In his opening address to his evil angels, he said, "We can't keep the Christians from going to church.

We can't keep then from reading their Bibles & knowing the truth. We can't even keep them from conservative values. But we can do something else. We can keep them from forming an intimate, abiding experience in Christ.

If they gain that connection with Jesus, our power over them is broken. So let them go to church, let them have their conservative lifestyles, but steal their time, so they can't gain that experience in Jesus Christ. This is what I want you to do, angels. Distract them from gaining hold of their Savior & maintaining that vital connection throughout their day."

"How shall we do this?", shouted his angels.

"Keep them busy in the non-essentials of life & invent unnumbered schemes to occupy their minds," he answered.

"Tempt them to spend, spend, spend, then, borrow, borrow, borrow. Convince the wives to go to work & the husbands to work 6 or 7 days a week,10-12 hrs. a day, so they can afford their lifestyles. Keep them from spending time with their children. As their family fragments, soon, their homes will offer no escape from the pressures of work."

"Overstimulate their minds so that they cannot hear that still small voice. Entice them to play the radio or cassette player whenever they drive, to keep the TV, the VCR, & their CD's going constantly in their homes.

And see to it that every store & restaurant in the world plays music constantly. This will jam their minds & break that union with Christ."

"Fill their coffee tables with magazines & newspapers. Pound their minds with the news 24 hrs. a day. Invade their driving moments with billboards. Flood their mailboxes with junk mail, sweepstakes, mail order catalogues, & every kind of newsletter & promotional offering, free products, services, & false hopes."

"Even in their recreation, let them be excessive. Have them return from their recreation exhausted, disquieted & unprepared for the coming week. Don't let them go out in nature. Send them to amusement parks, sporting events, concerts & movies instead. And when they meet for spiritual fellowship, involve them in gossip & small talk so that they leave with troubled consciences & unsettled emotion."

"Let them be involved in soul-winning. But crowd their lives with so many good causes they have no time to seek power from Christ. Soon they will be working in their own strength, sacrificing their health & family unity for the good of the cause."

It was quite a convention in the end. And the evil angels went eagerly to their assignments causing Christians everywhere to get busy, busy, busy & rush here & there.

Has the devil been successful at his scheme? You be the judge

• [quote author=josephgabriel link=board=13;threadid=3774;start=0#msg53622 date=1146380978]
    these stories were made by Abouna Karas and if u would like to receive them regularly write to him on [email protected]

A young man was getting ready to graduate from college. For many months he had admired a beautiful sports car in a dealer's showroom, and knowing his father could well afford it, he told him that was all he wanted. As Graduation Day approached, the young man awaited signs that his father had purchased the car. Finally, on the morning of his graduation, his father called him into his private study. His father told him how proud he was to have such a fine son, and told him how much he loved him. He handed his son a beautiful wrapped gift box.

Curious, but somewhat disappointed, the young man opened the box and found a lovely, leather-bound Bible, with the young man's name embossed in gold. Angrily, he raised his voice to his father and said, "With all your money you give me a Bible?" and stormed out of the house, leaving the Bible. Many years passed and the young man was very successful in business. He had a beautiful home and wonderful family, but realized his father was very old, and thought perhaps he should go to him. He had not seen him since that graduation day. Before he could make arrangements, he received a telegram telling him his father had passed away, and willed all of his possessions to his son. He needed to come home immediately and take care of things.

When he arrived at his father's house, sudden sadness and regret filled his heart. He began to search through his father's important papers and saw the still new Bible, just as he had left it years ago. With tears, he opened the Bible and began to turn the pages. His father had carefully underlined a verse, Matt 7:11, "And if ye, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more shall your Heavenly father which is in heaven, give to those who ask Him?" As he read those words, a car key dropped from the back of the Bible. It had a tag with the dealer's name, the same dealer who had the sports car he had desired. On the tag was the date of his graduation, and the words ..PAID IN FULL.

How many times do we miss God's blessings because they are not packaged as we expected?

Hi Joe,
    Thanks for the stories. What a selfish son. He didnt speak to his father because of a silly thing like that, even to the point the father passed away after many years?" Strange.. but anyway, tell me, is it a true story???

(( Did it happen by any chance in australia ))
  • (( Did it happen by any chance in australia ))

you mate are indeed a stirrer lol hahaha

btw beautiful stories thanks for taking the time to post them josephgabriel :) :) :)