stories id like to share

Comments

• Casting All Your Cares

Therefore humble yourselves...casting the whole of your care [all your anxieties, all your
    worries, all your concerns, once and for all] on Him, for He cares for you affectionately
    and cares about you watchfully.
    —1 Peter 5:6,7

Worry, anxiety, and care have no positive effect on our lives. They do not bring a
    solution to problems. They do not help us achieve good health, and they prevent our growth
    in the Word of God.

One of the ways that Satan steals the Word of God from our heart is through cares. The
    Bible says we are to cast our cares onto God, which is done by prayer. We cannot handle
    our own problems; we are not built for it. We are created by God to be dependent upon Him,
    to bring Him our challenges and to allow Him to help us with them.

We must not take the care upon ourselves. Keeping our cares is a manifestation of
    pride. It shows that we think we can solve our own problems and that we don't need the
    Lord.

We show our humility by leaning on God. Worry, anxiety, and care are not
    manifestations of leaning on God, but they clearly state by their mere existence that we
    are attempting to take care of ourselves.

Pray about everything and worry about nothing. You will enjoy life much more.

Pray This:

"Father, show me each time I take a care instead of casting it. Then I will
    immediately cast it on You. , amen."

pray for me

joe
  • What makes you vauable?

You are valuable not because of who you are, but because of whose you are.
    What is it that makes you valuable? What makes you feel important? Is it your wealth? The
    fact that you're well educated? Do you feel important because you get lots of cell phone
    calls, so that must mean you're popular? Or do you feel valuable because you have a high
    position of leadership at work?
    While it certainly isn't wrong to be wealthy, well educated, popular, or in leadership, we
    must not let those things define our worth and value, because things can (and likely will)
    fail us. Cars break down; houses burn down; profits sink down; and with them, our
    self-worth falls down.
    But God declares that you're worth everything to him -- you're worth all Christ offered.
    You are not your own; you were bought at a price (1 Corinthians 6:19-20). That price is
    the life of Jesus.
    You are precious in God's sight -- you're his child (Ephesians 1:5). Almost every parent
    would agree that his or her child is the most precious thing in the world; and that's the
    way God views you! It's no wonder God labels his people as his treasured possession
    (Deuteronomy 14:2).
    Don't let wealth, education, popularity, status, or anything else define your value. Know
    that you worth everything to God, because you're His.

pray for me

joe
  • Letter from Your Father

My son Habib :

Perhaps you do not know me,

but I know everything about you

know when seated and when the Trkk

But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. because

you created in the image live,

move there and you Thou because

even before the founding of the world

when chosen thee You are not a mistake,

because every day written in a written set your birth date and where you will Made
    screamed and romance in Nsejtk mother and your mother?

and the day I was born mis-representation by those who do not Ierfoni six away and angry,

but I am the ultimate expression of love I will give you your heart appetites because I
    am given you Agencies desires

I am able to do more for you than they can imagine I am Mcjak greatest father who Yazik
    in each solved when the wrecked heart,

I soon you as a shepherd shepherd pregnancy, Melck soon to my heart day Samsh every tear
    from your eyes and Sazil every pain Nith on this earth your father and I love you and I
    love my son Jesus because Jesus, Kaze love you full representation is essential to
    demonstrate that I came to you, not against you and to tell you that I am nand wanting
    ASCP love you only because you are my son and

I and tamping Give more than can Epoch ground I Father full each gift valid commands comes
    from my hands because I believe, do I make my plans for all your needs Yours always full
    of hope because I love eternal love my thoughts Tjahk countless Caramel beach rejoiced
    Fuck singing will stop making good you for Melchetti precious Agrsk wish that all my heart
    and all I want to myself and Eric are great and amazing that Talptne all your heart,

I will be in the fun, ot prepared Khtayak Jesus died to reconcile You and I, it was his
    death the ultimate expression of love for you given up everything I loved to gain your
    love that my son Jesus Attiya, the unrelenting will Evsalk anything about love later
    condescendingly to the house and the largest party will always feel the heavens never to
    the extent you and I always Aba Aba

My question is ... Will my son?

I am waiting for you

pray for me

joe
  • TWENTY THINGS TO REMEMBER

1. Faith is the ability to not panic.
    2. If you worry, you didn't pray. If you prayed, don't worry.
    3. As a child of God, prayer is kind like calling home every day.
    4. Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not be bent out of shape.
    5. When we get tangled up in our problems, be still. God wants us to be still so He can
    untangle the knot.
    6. Do the math. Count your blessings.
    7. God wants spiritual fruit, not religious nuts.
    8. Dear God: I have a problem. It's me.
    9. Silence is often misinterpreted, but never misquoted.
    10. Laugh every day -- it's like inner jogging.
    11. The most important things in your home are the people.
    12. Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional.
    13. There is no key to happiness. The door is always open. Come on in.
    14. A grudge is a heavy thing to carry.
    15. He who dies with the most toys is still dead.
    16. We do not remember days, but moments. Life moves too fast, so enjoy your precious
    moments.
    17. Nothing is real to you until you experience it; otherwise it's just hearsay.
    18. It's all right to sit on your pity pot every now and again. Just be sure to flush when
    you are done.
    19. Surviving and living your life successfully requires courage. The goals and dreams
    you're seeking require courage and risk- taking. Learn from the turtle, it only makes
    progress when it sticks out it's neck.
    20. Be more concerned with your character than your reputation. Your character is what you
    really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. And then some...
    *No matter the storm, when you are with God, there's always a rainbow waiting. * Leave
    gentle fingerprints on the soul of another for the angels to read. *I don't want to get to
    the end of my life and find that I lived just the length of it. *I want to have lived the
    width of it as well.

pray for me

joe
  • Your joy

Nothing steals your joy like thinking, "I will enjoy my life when ..."
    It's very tempting to think that happiness will come to me once I get something: "I would
    be happy if I just had a bigger house, another car, a better job, more money, a different
    wife, a nicer family, a new TV...." But such thoughts are very deceptive.

In truth, all those things we want actually make us miserable; we fight and quarrel about
    what we want, and then we're upset when we don't get it (see James 4:1-4). Don't get
    caught up in things that you want or need. Instead, you should not worry about getting
    what you need; rest assured your heavenly Father will take care of what you need (see
    Matthew 6:30-32).
    It's foolish to make your enjoyment of life hinge upon anything. There will always be one
    more thing for you to acquire before you can "enjoy life." The more you have, the more you
    have to worry about, which makes life that much harder to enjoy.

Instead of expecting possessions or circumstances to give you joy, seek the only source of
    everlasting joy—Jesus. Jesus says he came to Earth "so that [you] may have the full
    measure of my joy within [you]" (John 17:13). Similarly, Jesus said, "I have told you this
    so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete" (John 15:11).

Jesus offers to make our joy complete and to give us the full measure of his joy. Since
    Jesus is wholly God, His joy is complete and whole joy. That Jesus offers us such joy is
    astonishing.

Therefore, find your joy in God for in his presence is fullness of joy (see Psalm 16:11).
    Don't let your joy depend on getting all the things you want because there will always be
    more things that you don't have, and therefore there will always be more things that will
    prevent you from enjoying life. Let Jesus be your joy, rather than waiting to enjoy life
    "when...."

pray for me

joe

• Where Were You?

I'm fighting back emotions, I never thought I had,
    Dare I ask, "Where were you, when things for me turned bad?"
    I've read about your miracles, throughout your Holy Word,
    But can you do it again for me? This is what I heard.

"Where were you my son, when the darkness first met light?
    Were you there the morning the Dove took wing in flight?
    Tell me, were you there, when I placed the stars in space?
    Were you there to watch, when I made the human race?

Where were you the day, I carved a rainbow in the sky?
    And were you there to witness the first baby cry?
    Where were you when Jesus, left His heavenly throne,
    To die on a cruel cross, bleeding and all alone.

I'm the God of Jacob, of Isaac and Abraham,
    I'm the first and the last, I'm the sacrificial Lamb.
    I brought fire down from heaven, and I part the Red Sea,
    No problem that you have is one too big for me.

When asking for my help, trust that I will hear,
    Then leave it at my throne, don't try to interfere.
    I've been strengthening your faith, since we first met,
    And remember when I tell you, I'm not finished with you yet."

pray for me

joe
  • Thank You Lord!
    A newly arrived soul in Heaven was met by St. Peter. The saint toured
    the soul around Heaven. Both of them walked side by side inside a
    large workroom filled with angels.

St. Peter stopped in front of the first section and said, "This is the
    Receiving Section. Here, all the petitions to God said in prayer are
    received". The soul looked at the section, and it was terribly busy
    with so many angels sorting out petitions written on voluminous paper
    sheets from all the people of the world.

They walked again until they reached the 2nd section, and St. Peter
    told the soul, "This is the Packaging and Delivery Section. Here, the
    graces and blessings the people asked for are packed and delivered to
    the persons who asked for them down on earth."

The soul saw how busy it was. There were so many angels working in
    that room, since so many blessing were being packed and delivered to
    Earth.

Finally at the farthest corner of the room, the soul stopped at the
    last section. To the surprise of the soul, only one angel stayed there
    idly, doing nothing. "This is the Acknowledging

Section," St. Peter told the soul. "How is it that, there is no work
    here?" "That's the sad thing," St. Peter answered. "After the people
    received the blessings they asked for, very few send their
    acknowledgments" . "How does one acknowledge God's blessing?"
    "Simple," St. Peter answered. "Just say, "'Thank you, Lord'."

Thank you Lord, for giving me the chance to share this message with
    others and also, for giving me so many wonderful people to share this
    with. If you have food in the refrigerator, clothes on your back, a
    roof overhead and a
    place to sleep .. you are richer than 75% of this world.

If you have money in the bank, in your wallet, and spare change in a
    dish someplace .. you are among the top 8% of the world's wealthy.

If you woke up this morning with more health than illness . . you are
    more blessed than the million who will not survive this week.

If you have never experienced the danger of battle, the loneliness of
    imprisonment, the agony of torture, or the pangs of starvation you are
    ahead of 500 million people in the world.

If you can attend a church meeting without fear of harassment, arrest,
    torture, or death ..you are more blessed than three billion people in
    the world.

If your parents are still alive and still married .. you are very
    rare,.

If you hold up your head with a smile on your face and are truly
    thankful .. you are blessed because the majority can, but most do
    not.

If you can hold someone's hand, hug them or even touch them on the
    shoulder .. you are blessed because you can offer healing touch.

If you can read this message, you just received a double blessing in
    that.. someone was thinking of you, and furthermore, you are more
    blessed than over two billion people in the world that cannot read at
    all.

Have a good day, count your blessings, and pass this along to remind
    everyone else how blessed we all are.

THANK YOU LORD!
  • If you ....

1.   If you own a Bible, you are abundantly blessed-about 1/3 of the world does not have
    access to one.

2.   If you wake up each morning with more health than illness, you are blessed to rise
    and shine, to live and to serve in a new day.

3.   If you have anyone on the planet, just one person that loves you and listens to you;
    count this a blessing.

4.   If you can freely attend a church meeting without fear, then you are more blessed
    than over 1/3 of the world.

5.   If you have a yearning in your heart to parent a child, you are blessed because you
    still desire what you cannot see.

6.   If you pray today or any day, you are blessed because you believe in God's
    willingness to hear your prayer.

7.   If you pray for someone else, you are blessed because you want to help others also.

8.   If you have food in your refrigerator, clothes on your back, a roof over your head,
    and a place to sleep; all at the same time; you are rich in this world;

9.   If you have a brother or sister in Christ that will pray with you and for you, then
    you benefit from a spiritual unity, bond, and agreement, which the gates of hell cannot
    stand against.

10.  If you have any earthly family that even halfway loves you and support you, are
    blessed beyond measure

If you have time to pray, Please pray for me

joe
  • A Mother’s Love

There is no love, like a mother’s love,
    no stronger bond on earth...
    like the precious bond that comes from God,
    to a mother, when she gives birth.

A mother’s love is forever strong,
    never changing for all time...
    and when her children need her most,
    a mother’s love will shine.

God bless these special mothers,
    God bless them every one...
    for all the tears and heartache,
    and for the special work they’ve done.

When her days on earth are over,
    a mother’s love lives on...
    through many generations,
    with God’s blessings on each one.

Be thankful for our mothers,
    for they love with a higher love...
    from the power God has given,
    and the strength from up above.

pray for me

joe
  • thanks for your beautiful story Loca4Christ  ;)

pray for me

joe
  • [quote author=josephgabriel link=topic=3774.msg88083#msg88083 date=1211311658]
    TWENTY THINGS TO REMEMBER
    4. Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not be bent out of shape.
    8. Dear God: I have a problem. It's me

pray for me

joe

lol
    that is true the problem is me but :
    Dont tell God I have a big problem ,tell the problem I have a BIG GOD.

• lol yeah thats excellent  :)

pray for me

joe
  • Oh sorry guys, Letter from the father has loads of typing mistakes in it.. please forgive me

pray for me

joe
  • these are great.. where do u get all these?
  • Coptic Pharaoh, read my opening post..... ;D

pray for me

joe
  • Christ IS Risen,
    Joe, honestly im so happy and grateful for ur input its amazing. i donmt know how to thank u, for ur stories are exceptionally well. Keep going

Pray for my weakness,

Coptic Youth
  • No probs coptic youth... also about the miracle thing, you still haven't replied?
  • KOOLIOOO :)

I have recieved that in an email but everytime I read it , it is like i have never read it before.

I got a story to share.

One there was a lil girl that wanted to give her mom a good birthday present.  so the lil girl got the best most expensive gift wrap made of gold her mom had a home, and the lil girl used it to wrap the box present.  So when that lil girl gave her mom the box her mom yelled at her and told her "don't you know that is the best most expensive gift wrap we have??" and the lil girl cried saying "mommy, i used it to wrap a gift for you" so the mother smiled :) and apologized to the lil girl and kissed her.  and when the mother opened the box the lil girl got her, she found it empty.  so the mother yelled at the girl again and told her "don't you know when you give a present to someone, it supposed to have something in it" and the lil girl cried again and told her "mommy, the box is not empty i filled it with kisses just for you"
    a few months passes and a car accident takes that lil girl's life away. and everytime the mother needs a kiss she'd open the box the lil girl gave her and take one kiss from it :) :'(

:'( :'( :'( :'(

bentBABAyasooa`
  • awww thats sooooo sad... I feel like crying  :'(

pray for me

joe
  • [quote author=bentBABAyasooa` link=topic=3774.msg88208#msg88208 date=1211385372]
    KOOLIOOO :)

I have recieved that in an email but everytime I read it , it is like i have never read it before.

I got a story to share.

One there was a lil girl that wanted to give her mom a good birthday present.  so the lil girl got the best most expensive gift wrap made of gold her mom had a home, and the lil girl used it to wrap the box present.  So when that lil girl gave her mom the box her mom yelled at her and told her "don't you know that is the best most expensive gift wrap we have??" and the lil girl cried saying "mommy, i used it to wrap a gift for you" so the mother smiled :) and apologized to the lil girl and kissed her.  and when the mother opened the box the lil girl got her, she found it empty.  so the mother yelled at the girl again and told her "don't you know when you give a present to someone, it supposed to have something in it" and the lil girl cried again and told her "mommy, the box is not empty i filled it with kisses just for you"
    a few months passes and a car accident takes that lil girl's life away. and everytime the mother needs a kiss she'd open the box the lil girl gave her and take one kiss from it :) :'(

:'( :'( :'( :'(

bentBABAyasooa`

What the girl did was so sweet.
  • so if i want to receive stories like that.. all i have to do is right an e-mail to Abouna Karas ???  what do iwrite in the e-mail???  where does He serve??? 

and the reason ididn't think of the first thread was because it was over 2 years old....  i read it but never thought about it again...
  • Yeah, write to Abona Karas, he serves in the UK in Newcastle to be precise.... just ask him to add you to his mailing list... simple enough... and the thread thing - completely understandable  ;D

pray for me

joe
  • ok.. thanks you so much.. but does he still send stories and all that stuff??? does He send them on monthly bases or daily or randomly???  do you still get them from Him??
  • Yeah he sends them every other week I think
  • I got my first one today, Thank you very much
  • No probs...

Am "Kept"

You see, there were a few times when I thought I would lose my mind, But GOD kept me sane.
    (Isa 26:3)
    There were times when I thought I could go no longer, But the LORD kept me moving. (Gen
    28:15)
    At times, I've wanted to lash out at those whom I felt had done me wrong, But the LORD
    kept my mouth shut. (Psa 13)
    Sometimes, I think the money just isn't enough, But GOD has helped me to keep the lights
    on, the water on, the car paid, the house paid, etc.., (Matt. 6:25 -34)
    When I thought I would fall, HE kept me up. When I thought I was weak, HE kept me strong!
    (I Pet. 5:7, Matt. 11:28-30)
    I could go on and on and on, but I'm sure you hear me! I'm blessed to be "kept." Are
    you...or do you know a "kept" man (or woman ?)
    If so pass it on to him/her to let them know they are "Kept" I'm Kept by the Love and
    Grace of God

pray for me

joe
  • nice  anymore???
  • One day, when I was a freshman in high school,
    >>>
    >>>I saw a kid from my class was walking home from school.
    >>>
    >>>His name was Kyle.
    >>>
    >>>It looked like he was carrying all of
    >his
    >>>
    >>>books.
    >>>
    >>>I thought to myself, "Why would anyone bring home all his books on a
    >>>Friday?
    >>>
    >>>He must really be a nerd."
    >>>
    >>>I had quite a weekend planned (parties and a football game with my
    >>>friends tomorrow afternoon), so I shrugged my shoulders and went on.

>>>
    >>>As I was walking, I saw a bunch of kids running toward him.
    >>>
    >>>They ran at him, knocking all his books out of his arms and tripping him
    >>>so he landed in the dirt.
    >>>
    >>>His glasses went flying, and I saw them land in the grass about ten feet
    >>>from him.
    >>>
    >>>He looked up and I saw this terrible sadness in his eyes
    >>>
    >>>My heart went out to him. So, I jogged over to him and as he crawled
    >around looking for his glasses, and I saw a tear in his
    >>>eye.
    >>>
    >>>As I handed him his glasses, I said, "Those guys are jerks.
    >>>
    >>>They really should get lives.
    >>>
    >>>" He looked at me and said, "Hey thanks!"
    >>>

>>>There was a big smile on his face.
    >>>
    >>>It was one of those smiles that showed real gratitude.
    >>>
    >>>I helped him pick up his books, and asked him where he lived.
    >>>
    >>>As it turned out, he lived near me, so I asked him why I had never seen
    >>>him before.
    >>>
    >>>He said he had gone to private school before now.
    >>>
    >>>I would have never hung out with a private school kid before.
    >>>
    >>>We talked all the way home, and I carried some of his books.
    >>>
    >>>He turned out to be a
    >pretty cool kid.
    >>>
    >>>I asked him if he wanted to play a little football with my friends.
    >>>
    >>>He said yes.
    >>>

>>>We hung out all weekend and the more I got to know Kyle, the more I liked
    >>>him, and my friends thought the same of him.
    >>>
    >>>Monday morning came, and there was Kyle with the huge stack of books
    >>>again.
    >>>
    >>>I stopped him and said, "Boy, you are gonna really build some serious
    >>>muscles with this pile of books everyday!
    >>>
    >>>" He just laughed and handed me half the books.
    >>>
    >>>Over the next four years, Kyle and I became best friends.
    >>>
    >>>When we were seniors, we began to think
    >>>
    >>>about college.
    >>>
    >>>Kyle decided on Georgetown, and I
    >>>
    >>>was going
    >to Duke.
    >>>
    >>>I knew
    that we would always be friends, that the miles would never be a
    >>>problem.
    >>>
    >>>He was going to be a doctor, and I was going for business on a football
    >>>scholarship.
    >>>
    >>>Kyle was valedictorian of our class.
    >>>
    >>>I teased him all the time about being a nerd.
    >>>
    >>>He had to prepare a speech for graduation.
    >>>
    >>>I was so glad it wasn't me having to get up there and speak
    >>>
    >>>Graduation day, I saw Kyle.
    >>>
    >>>He looked great.
    >>>
    >>>He was one of those guys that really found himself during high school.
    >>>
    >>>He filled out and actually looked good in glasses.
    >>>
    >>>He had more dates than I
    had and all the girls loved
    >him.
    >>>
    >>>Boy, sometimes I was jealous.
    >>>
    >>>Today was one of those days.
    >>>
    >>>I could see that he was nervous about his speech.
    >>>
    >>>So, I smacked him on the back and said, "Hey, big guy, you'll be great!"
    >>>
    >>>He looked at me with one of those looks (the really grateful one) and
    >>>smiled.
    >>>
    >>>"Thanks," he said.
    >>>
    >>>As he started his speech, he cleared his throat, and began
    >>>
    >>>"Graduation is a time to thank those who helped you make it through those
    >>>tough years.
    >>>
    >>>Your parents, your teachers, your siblings, maybe a coach...but mostly
    >>>your friends...

>>>
    >>>I am here to tell all of you that being a
    >>>
    >>>friend to someone is the best gift you
    >can give them.
    >>>
    >>>I am going to tell you a story."
    >>>
    >>>I just looked at my friend with disbelief as he told the story of the
    >>>first day we met.
    >>>
    >>>He had planned to kill himself over the weekend.
    >>>
    >>>He talked of how he had cleaned out his locker so his Mom wouldn't have
    >>>to do it later and was carrying his stuff home.
    >>>
    >>>He looked hard at me and gave me a little smile.
    >>>
    >>>"Thankfully, I was saved.
    >>>
    >>>My friend saved me from doing the unspeakable."
    >>>
    >>>I heard the gasp go
    through the crowd as this handsome, popular boy told
    >>>us all about his weakest moment.
    >>>
    >>>I saw his Mom and dad looking at me and smiling that same grateful smile.
    >>>
    >>>Not until that
    >moment did I realize it's depth.
    >>>
    >>>Never underestimate the power of your actions.
    >>>
    >>>With one small gesture you can change a person's life.
    >>>
    >>>For better or for worse.
    >>>
    >>>God puts us all in each other's lives to impact one another in some way.
    >>>
    >>>Look for God in others.
  • [quote author=josephgabriel link=topic=3774.msg53622#msg53622 date=1146380978]
    these stories were made by Abouna Karas and if u would like to receive them regularly write to him on [email protected]

A young man was getting ready to graduate from college. For many months he had admired a beautiful sports car in a dealer's showroom, and knowing his father could well afford it, he told him that was all he wanted. As Graduation Day approached, the young man awaited signs that his father had purchased the car. Finally, on the morning of his graduation, his father called him into his private study. His father told him how proud he was to have such a fine son, and told him how much he loved him. He handed his son a beautiful wrapped gift box.

Curious, but somewhat disappointed, the young man opened the box and found a lovely, leather-bound Bible, with the young man's name embossed in gold. Angrily, he raised his voice to his father and said, "With all your money you give me a Bible?" and stormed out of the house, leaving the Bible. Many years passed and the young man was very successful in business. He had a beautiful home and wonderful family, but realized his father was very old, and thought perhaps he should go to him. He had not seen him since that graduation day. Before he could make arrangements, he received a telegram telling him his father had passed away, and willed all of his possessions to his son. He needed to come home immediately and take care of things.

When he arrived at his father's house, sudden sadness and regret filled his heart. He began to search through his father's important papers and saw the still new Bible, just as he had left it years ago. With tears, he opened the Bible and began to turn the pages. His father had carefully underlined a verse, Matt 7:11, "And if ye, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more shall your Heavenly father which is in heaven, give to those who ask Him?" As he read those words, a car key dropped from the back of the Bible. It had a tag with the dealer's name, the same dealer who had the sports car he had desired. On the tag was the date of his graduation, and the words ..PAID IN FULL.

How many times do we miss God's blessings because they are not packaged as we expected?

so amazing story , thanks Joe for ur posting . i've read it before but in arabic , really wonderfull that's right many times we're attatched to stange  things for us , as we r not from here i think we shouldn't be attatched with any thing . like this youngman who seek the things on the earth rather than the Heaven ones . May we remember God and Hid great love , and i think it is only enough to attatch us to ours in the Heaven . thanks again Joe.God bless ,mention me in prayers.
  • [quote author=josephgabriel link=topic=3774.msg88535#msg88535 date=1211818363]
    One day, when I was a freshman in high school,
    >>>
    >>>I saw a kid from my class was walking home from school.
    >>>
    >>>His name was Kyle.
    >>>
    >>>It looked like he was carrying all of
    >his
    >>>
    >>>books.
    >>>
    >>>I thought to myself, "Why would anyone bring home all his books on a
    >>>Friday?
    >>>
    >>>He must really be a nerd."
    >>>
    >>>I had quite a weekend planned (parties and a football game with my
    >>>friends tomorrow afternoon), so I shrugged my shoulders and went on.

>>>
    >>>As I was walking, I saw a bunch of kids running toward him.
    >>>
    >>>They ran at him, knocking all his books out of his arms and tripping him
    >>>so he landed in the dirt.
    >>>
    >>>His glasses went flying, and I saw them land in the grass about ten feet
    >>>from him.
    >>>
    >>>He looked up and I saw this terrible sadness in his eyes
    >>>
    >>>My heart went out to him. So, I jogged over to him and as he crawled
    >around looking for his glasses, and I saw a tear in his
    >>>eye.
    >>>
    >>>As I handed him his glasses, I said, "Those guys are jerks.
    >>>
    >>>They really should get lives.
    >>>
    >>>" He looked at me and said, "Hey thanks!"
    >>>

>>>There was a big smile on his face.
    >>>
    >>>It was one of those smiles that showed real gratitude.
    >>>
    >>>I helped him pick up his books, and asked him where he lived.
    >>>
    >>>As it turned out, he lived near me, so I asked him why I had never seen
    >>>him before.
    >>>
    >>>He said he had gone to private school before now.
    >>>
    >>>I would have never hung out with a private school kid before.
    >>>
    >>>We talked all the way home, and I carried some of his books.
    >>>
    >>>He turned out to be a
    >pretty cool kid.
    >>>
    >>>I asked him if he wanted to play a little football with my friends.
    >>>
    >>>He said yes.
    >>>

>>>We hung out all weekend and the more I got to know Kyle, the more I liked
    >>>him, and my friends thought the same of him.
    >>>
    >>>Monday morning came, and there was Kyle with the huge stack of books
    >>>again.
    >>>
    >>>I stopped him and said, "Boy, you are gonna really build some serious
    >>>muscles with this pile of books everyday!
    >>>
    >>>" He just laughed and handed me half the books.
    >>>
    >>>Over the next four years, Kyle and I became best friends.
    >>>
    >>>When we were seniors, we began to think
    >>>
    >>>about college.
    >>>
    >>>Kyle decided on Georgetown, and I
    >>>
    >>>was going
    >to Duke.
    >>>
    >>>I knew
    that we would always be friends, that the miles would never be a
    >>>problem.
    >>>
    >>>He was going to be a doctor, and I was going for business on a football
    >>>scholarship.
    >>>
    >>>Kyle was valedictorian of our class.
    >>>
    >>>I teased him all the time about being a nerd.
    >>>
    >>>He had to prepare a speech for graduation.
    >>>
    >>>I was so glad it wasn't me having to get up there and speak
    >>>
    >>>Graduation day, I saw Kyle.
    >>>
    >>>He looked great.
    >>>
    >>>He was one of those guys that really found himself during high school.
    >>>
    >>>He filled out and actually looked good in glasses.
    >>>
    >>>He had more dates than I
    had and all the girls loved
    >him.
    >>>
    >>>Boy, sometimes I was jealous.
    >>>
    >>>Today was one of those days.
    >>>
    >>>I could see that he was nervous about his speech.
    >>>
    >>>So, I smacked him on the back and said, "Hey, big guy, you'll be great!"
    >>>
    >>>He looked at me with one of those looks (the really grateful one) and
    >>>smiled.
    >>>
    >>>"Thanks," he said.
    >>>
    >>>As he started his speech, he cleared his throat, and began
    >>>
    >>>"Graduation is a time to thank those who helped you make it through those
    >>>tough years.
    >>>
    >>>Your parents, your teachers, your siblings, maybe a coach...but mostly
    >>>your friends...

>>>
    >>>I am here to tell all of you that being a
    >>>
    >>>friend to someone is the best gift you
    >can give them.
    >>>
    >>>I am going to tell you a story."
    >>>
    >>>I just looked at my friend with disbelief as he told the story of the
    >>>first day we met.
    >>>
    >>>He had planned to kill himself over the weekend.
    >>>
    >>>He talked of how he had cleaned out his locker so his Mom wouldn't have
    >>>to do it later and was carrying his stuff home.
    >>>
    >>>He looked hard at me and gave me a little smile.
    >>>
    >>>"Thankfully, I was saved.
    >>>
    >>>My friend saved me from doing the unspeakable."
    >>>
    >>>I heard the gasp go
    through the crowd as this handsome, popular boy told
    >>>us all about his weakest moment.
    >>>
    >>>I saw his Mom and dad looking at me and smiling that same grateful smile.
    >>>
    >>>Not until that
    >moment did I realize it's depth.
    >>>
    >>>Never underestimate the power of your actions.
    >>>
    >>>With one small gesture you can change a person's life.
    >>>
    >>>For better or for worse.
    >>>
    >>>God puts us all in each other's lives to impact one another in some way.
    >>>
    >>>Look for God in others.

I love this story i read it before.