I have a girlfriend

Comments

• hi LOVER,

MAN, i am a LOVER of God too, look as u know, we have discussed dating b4 so u can look up my opion there but i just have one little suggestion that i hope helps,

Pray to God for guidance, tell him that you really want to him to intervent in your life because He and He only knows what is best for you, I know you not, so I will Judge you not.

God be with you
  • Lover, you are really too young to think about love and marriage and all. If you both are really meant to be, then God will find a way to do so. It's His will, and not yours, so don't pray to God asking Him to keep your relationship together.
  • HI i'm new to this site, well new to this forum, like many i have been downloading and listening to hymns; the name is matt :)

Anyway, mathitis i agree with u

lover, how come ur so sure about u loving her so much...u don't know what might happen in a year from now...ur opinion might change, puberty is a time where ur opinion changes often (and i can know, i'm 17 years old). Just pray that God will grant u the right decision to make!

-matt-
  • hey there lover, i'm new here so bare with me....
    i've read all the replies and i think most of them are REALLY good but i do think u are at a young age and no one has mentioned this but i think ur hormones are running wild...i know i may sound harsh and i'm sorry.. the only love that you know that will never leave you for anything is God....and i think that this kind of Love is the best love ever...i know u disagree alot...ive seen on the posts....but if you jst try and think abt the replies people are giving you instead of replying straight away think about what that person has said...they are trying to help you...not hurt you....i'm sure ur a nice person with a nice heart but jst don't astray from God because once there is a gap between you and God you will ask yourself....why? how and when did this happen...always stay close to God and i am sure he will guide you ...but you have to ask for his help and seriously mean it in prayer...i'm sorry if i sounded harsh...
    God Bless
  • Man, I look at the girl that I liked last month and I go...*shiver*, You will become more mature as you grow up and you might come to realize that you never actually loved her and it was only lust...

Mike
  • Sometimes I think we DO love when we are young, but we don't take all things into consideration... for those who have been in relationships:
    When I was 18, I was with the girl I loved ... some of my relatives knew her, and my cousin especially disliked her... I would always stand up for this girl cause she was my girlfriend, but after about 6 months we broke up. I was at my lowest point, I thought God was having a good laugh at my misfortune... Anyways, a few months pass and I run into one of my best friends cousin, we get to talking and he mentions this girl... apparently she's been with him too...
    Boy am I glad we broke up... otherwise I would have never met my soon-to-be wife 3 years later... who, I must say, is 1000X better than the other girl... Thank you God...
  • Romans 8

More Than Conquerors

28And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him,[1] who[2] have been called according to his purpose.
  • "for the good" not for our want... sometimes we pray for something that may not be for our good...
  • [quote author=Epsaltos Michael link=board=1;threadid=369;start=30#msg5142 date=1088366758]
    Man, I look at the girl that I liked last month and I go...*shiver*, You will become more mature as you grow up and you might come to realize that you never actually loved her and it was only lust...

Mike

looool, i rest my case :D
  • but see you used to like her everyone of us have to go through that and learn it on their own by just telling lover not to like her or stop liking her just is not going to work from my point of view
  • with all due respect, Lover is actually the one that was asking for our opinion and advice ::)
  • i know that lover is the one asking but i was just stating my opinion because i been there several times and i am just stating a fact sometimes the more people tell you to do something you get stubborn and don't want to do it
    and i don't mean to be mean and with all due respect as you said but it is a free forum :)
  • and matt if you argue about who should post what plz just send me a private msg or im me or something
  • Guys, Guys, take a chill pill....

Mike ;)
  • On second thought.....

FIST FIGHT, FIST FIGHT...lol Wasim

or maybe...VIRUS FIGHT, VIRUS FIGHT...

Mike

• LOOOOOOOL :)
  • Wasim, i thin you are right... no amount of telling is going to work, if you aren't going to listen, you are just going to have to learn thru experience.. and sometimes, that is the best way...
  • High five Wasim..lol ;D

Mike
  • here we go again, with the hi 5's ... ;)
  • here we go again, with the hi 5's ...

Let's just call it...passed on through generations...a tradition...lol, thanks Mark, high five for u!! ;)

Mike
  • [quote author=Michael_Thoma link=board=1;threadid=369;start=30#msg5148 date=1088367570]
    Sometimes I think we DO love when we are young, but we don't take all things into consideration... for those who have been in relationships:
    When I was 18, I was with the girl I loved ... some of my relatives knew her, and my cousin especially disliked her... I would always stand up for this girl cause she was my girlfriend, but after about 6 months we broke up. I was at my lowest point, I thought God was having a good laugh at my misfortune... Anyways, a few months pass and I run into one of my best friends cousin, we get to talking and he mentions this girl... apparently she's been with him too...
    Boy am I glad we broke up... otherwise I would have never met my soon-to-be wife 3 years later... who, I must say, is 1000X better than the other girl... Thank you God...

I don't mean to stray too much, but you just demonstrated perfectly why dating might not be such a good idea alltogether. Just because she was with you doesn't mean that she can't be with anyone else. Maybe it "just didn't work out" with the other guy too. It shouldn't make her a bad person.

Dating a girl and then disposing of her like she's chopped liver ruins her reputation. If it happens enough times, she becomes "one of those girls". So, lover, maybe you should hold off on the dating idea until you become old enough to support her and yourself, that way you can get engaged and you won't be hurting her by ruining her repution, since you love her... don't you? Do you see what I mean?

P.S. Thoma.. if is seems like i'm picking on you, i'm not ;)
  • no, its cool mmhanna... she became one of those girls way b4 I met her, I just didnt know it... btw, she got pregnant by some dude outside of marriage... i am so glad she's gone...
  • God help her
  • Yea, and I don't want to get off topic, but it's cases like these that give girls and some guys a bad rep. Look at the girl you guys mentioned....that doesn't speak too highly of us girls now, does it....

sleepy
    P.S. Yes, may God help her.
  • what would jesus do...
    hey bro, i guess my advice to u is stay holy and stay pure, talk to ur confession father about it, and dont go behind any1s bak...

God help u man!
  • Hey guys did you realize that the number of posts in sexuality topics rocket in so little time...lol

Mike
  • Well, that's because that seems to be the biggest issue in our church today about what and what not to do....

sleepy
  • I like what Mark said, he said no need to justify the sin. Because no matter what we say it's still a sin, a huge one.

****************** Message Deleted by Admin *******************
    Please refrain from using inappropriate language on this forum.

I'm trying my best and my hardest because I know even lust is a sin and I'm going through forceable lust thoughts..

Mike
  • sorry if i go off topic but i have to comment and ask aobut this post..

You pray to God to keep you together, but do you pray to God for her well-being even if it is for her to be without you? If you truely loved her you would pray for her, even if it means she should be without you... true love is sacrificial... false love is deceptive and self-serving...

I pray for my girlfriend too, Im 23 by the way... but I pray for God to Bless her and for her happiness and well-being no matter what... with or without me...

-Micheal_Thoma

i totally agree with you on the fact that this is real love. but if its so then i owuld be able to call myself in love.. im a little confused.. heres the story.. im only 14 but ive liked this guy for almost 4 years now and its a one-way feeling. however, i love him so much just as a BEST friend as well. i pray for his well-being regardless of whether it involves em ro not. I dont lust after him and ive never been selfish aobut him. My best friend/cousin is also one of his best friends and even though i do belevie that at one point they may have had feelings for each other it does not bother me. i still pray for his well-being rather than for just him and me. I have prayed days on end and had countless sleepless/cryful nights just askign god for wats best for him. i dont know if this is real just because of the age situation.... i hope im doing wat right... someone help..please...

God bless,
    Youstina
  • Dear Youstina i know what i am about to say is going to seem hard to do but hear me to the end plz
    i read your posts about your friend how you like him and it has been going on for 4 yrs now (if i am not mistaken). ok don't you think that God has made it a one way feeling so far for a reason? it might be because of your age, God sees he is not the guy for you right now and many other reasons.
    1) so my first point i wanted to make is that: God might have different plans for you than what you think is best for you right now (Let it be your will not mine)
    2) you also said that your cousion might have feelings for him too (lucky guy ;D jk jk) so now if you ask him out (not saying that you would do) you would loose your cousion/bestfriend and also if things don't work out betwen you and him and you 2 end it bad now you lost 2 best friends (win a friend for ever better than a boy friend for a day)
    3) My third point is that i respect you for praying for his good. You are caring that he would have a good life either with or without you. I am not sure if you would call that "love" because what is love? you will know what is love when you feel it and you will say yes this is love
    4) You are in pain, worried, and lost and the best thing to do (at least i find it good) is to read this verse "Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." Matt 11:28 then just start talking as if you are talking to your own dad and spill it all then go back and mention point 1 and believe in it

ok i know i talked a lot and it sounds like it is a modest answer to the question but really that is what i do when i am in pain or in situations like yours
    I hope that this helps at least a little bit
    :)