TRUE FRIENDS

edited December 1969 in Youth Corner
I WANT TO KNOW YOUR MAJORTY OF OPINIONS ON THIS SUBJKT

WAT IS A TRUE FRIEND HHOW DO U KNOW DOES GENDER MATTER ?
HOW DO U KNOW IF THEY ARE YOUR FRIEND YOU KNOW I ASKED MANY QUESTION AND I GOT PERFECT ANSWERS I NEED ANSWER FOR THIS ONE THANKS

GBA
MAKARIOUS

Comments

• wow we were just discusing this at our youth meeting. a true friend is someone who will stand by you at all times, when you are happy and when you are sad, when you need help and when you dont. a true friend is someone who will point you to the path of God and give you right and true advice. someone who will always point you to the right path. someone whom you can trust and lend your heart to without being worried.
  • wat else sorry if i sound rude
  • [quote author=Christ4Life link=board=13;threadid=2869;start=0#msg44129 date=1134187345]
    wow we were just discusing this at our youth meeting. a true friend is someone who will stand by you at all times, when you are happy and when you are sad, when you need help and when you dont. a true friend is someone who will point you to the path of God and give you right and true advice. someone who will always point you to the right path. someone whom you can trust and lend your heart to without being worried.

I think Christ4Life, pretty much said it all!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • so this topic is over lol
    ;D ;D ??? ??? ???
  • Ok, here are some pointers I think Christ4Life, hasn't mentioned yet, A true friend is someone that guides you through the way, if it's a true friend really has your back, they don't gossip, don't get mad (most of the time) they don't qualify as a leader, they mostly guide and protect you, sometimes a true friend may stick up for you, most of them know exactly what you should avoid and what is good!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • A TRUE FRIEND WILL BE THER FOR U NO MATTER WHAT SITUATION OR PROBLEM UR IN.A TRUE FRIEND IS SOME ONE YOU CAN TRUST AND FEEL FREE TO TELL THEM ANYTHING YOU WANT SO IT WOLD MAKE U FEEL BETTER AND SAFE AT THE SAME TIME.A GOOD FRIEND IS THE FRIEND THT WILL GIVE YOU THE RIGHT ADVICE WEN U HAVE A PROBLEM,THEY WIL GET U OUT OF UR BAD MOOD AND MAKE U HAPPY.FRIENDS ARE FINAL TOUCHES IN UR LIFE THEY MAKE LIFE EASY AND ENJOYABLE.I HOPE I HELPED.
  • someone whom you can cry in front of and not be embarressed, someone whom you love with all your heart, someone who, even if something happens between you two (fights, ect.) wont go out and talk about you, someone who, and i think this sums it up, "Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down his life for his friends" John 5:13.
  • well lol for me i cry anytime anywhere lol i dont care i dont hide my feeling lol
    lol
    but thnks

• U know that you have a TRUE friend when (for example) they can tell you secrets and you can tell them secrets and you get this kind of feeling ... called trust......I don't think Gender really matters but i'm a Girl and i think i'd rather have another girl to talk to becuz we can relate to each other.
  • hey guys..when i saw this topic like a weak ago, i went to my sunday school teacher and asked her if she can talk to us about friendship and stuff like that..so let me through out a question for u and hopefully u could answer it:

When you get to choose a friend..what are you looking forward to find in this friend??

p.s-whatever the gender is we will get to that later!

GBU
    sandra
  • where in the bible does it talk about friends?

...i remember the verse by st.Paul the apostle boules el rasool about bad friend ship but no idea where is it ???
  • iima try to look it up
    :D ;)
  • erm..a true friend is someone who doesn't decieve you with "nice" words..they often hurt you for the sake of relieving you of a greater pain they forsee..frienship with the opposite sex is normal I would say..I mean, just think rationally..everyone is a human and gender doesn't eliminate much..girls tend to befriend other girls more and vice versa with guys..I personally don't mind much..You know someone is a friend when they always listen and show concern..I know a lot of fake people who just pretend to care and it is VERY obvious they couldn't care less..
  • thnks veerrry much i know wat u mean
    :)
  • well..about the gender thing..i don't think a girl is gonna feel confortable about telling the guy everything and vice verse too!

GBU
    sandra
  • ;D ;D ;Dlol unless their gay ;D just kiddin
  • eh, it's up to the individual to be honest..when I was younger, my best friend was a guy and my mom HATED it..I guess it's because of that society restraint..and since I've had such a close friend of the opposite sex at a young age, I grew up not really caring..I mean, there's this whole phenomena about girls and guys being completely different..people are different..not genders..It's definitely true that girls tend to stick together and guys with one another also..it's just the way things are..people stick with people like themselves and it's hard for someone to see that everyone is the same..
  • do you mean this one?

1 Corinthians 15:33 (New King James Version)
    33 Do not be deceived: “Evil company corrupts good habits.”

yes :D that's it!!!
  • but these things i know but i need more from the bible plz admin may yall goin plzz
  • "Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down his life for his friends."
  • how do u lay ur life for ur friend ??? ::)
  • not the literal meaning! it means give up your life for your friend, as in die for them....
  • i personally found out that as you grow up, its more difficult to maintain friendships. wat happens wen YOUR OLD BEST FRIEND just ditches you and hangs out with other people?. (although i got hurt at first, now i ignore it and move on, but its sad , since we werr friends for so long)..i deff. dont want to go up and "talk about it with her" b/c she'll know that i care about the topic and she might hurt me more by like, not talking to me at all, walking rite past me, acting diff around me..etc

just wanted to no wat u guys think.. thanks!
  • You know angi eboro, me and my friends were just talking about this situation, wow, I really got the information I needed, that helped a lot, I really appreciate taking your time and giving us the words of wisdom like the rest of us, about this topic!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • hmmm... theres no one else you are friends/close with?
  • hey dude a great friend is some one you have fun with and you realy are cool with
    GBu
    Eriny Hanna
  • WELCOME egyptian angel, hope you enjoy your time here, and hope you post more often!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • i think when you find a freind....you just know that they are your friend without debating on it. like for me when i moved from newark to smyrna, i had to make friends. and there was the wrong crowd and the right crowd. obviously i hung out with the right crowd. we talked and had fun and introduced our selves to each other and got to know each other so... that is when i knew that she was my friend. i think a true friend is a friend who you can talk to you when ever you just want to talk or when you have a problem. it is someone you can trust and have fun with and get along with.
  • I have a best friend. We have absolutely nothing in common. We live completely different lifestyles. The thing that makes us friends is the respect, loyalty, and trust. It is a simple combination
  • same here, my best friend is in egypt but i still talk to her and say EVERYTHING..guess why.because i trust her and although she's on the other side of the world but she's still my best friend...i a friend is someone U TRUST!

GBU
    sandra