What is the proof?

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
What is the proof that the coptic orthodox church is the original church? if thats what our church believes..

I think some protestants do not believe this...

Do we have proof that St Mark was the founder of our church if he was the founder?
and did other apostles found other churches?

Comments

• lol- couldnn't have said it better myself ;)
  • Grr! >:( Iqbal beat me to it. lol ;D
  • history and you have to have faith that thats how it realy was

~ Daughter of God
  • [quote author=Iqbal link=board=1;threadid=3114;start=0#msg46485 date=1138440873]
    History.

EXACTLYYYY!

GBU
    sandra
  • [quote author=mikeforjesus link=board=1;threadid=3114;start=0#msg46484 date=1138431710]
    What is the proof that the coptic orthodox church is the original church? if thats what our church believes..

I think some protestants do not believe this...

Do we have proof that St Mark was the founder of our church if he was the founder?
    and did other apostles found other churches?

history...well let me elaborate...sayings...what our anscestors have told us.....scriptures we have discovered....ect....but most of all...faith
  • but guys it isnt just history... y do u look for proof??? dont u believe that our church is the RIGHT one.

im sorry but it just sounds pointless when someone askes something like that... i mean its a matter of faith, you've been brought up in this church, you've seen the holy mass and how holy it really is, you;ve seen how much our ancestors have suffered to keep the church alive, how much they were persecuted (try reading the books on the history of the coptic church- it will bring you 2 tears to think thats what they went through to keep the church alive) and then someone comes along and asks wats the proof

i mean come on.... >:(

forgive me if i sounded 2 harsh :-[
  • well the thought I had maybe about the coptic martyrs maybe helped me to keep believing...

but I am just weak in faith sometimes.. especially when I do not feel very close to God maybe...

pray for me to keep firm in the faith forever!
  • pray to the lord and ask him 2 strengthen ur faith
    who said were perfect????
    were all sinners and we all fall but u must get back up again and ask the lord for strength and wisdom

rubena maak :)
  • mikeforjesus,
    Some very important questions can have simple yet true answers but I know you want to learn more, this is a blessed gift from God. I post for you links for really detailed readings. For your question, answers are found in the "Holy Tradition" lectures part (pdf) of this page:

http://www.suscopts.org/literature/orthodoxfaith.html
    (the holy lectures files 1-5)

I you like reading, you will find a treasury of info in the pdf lectures of this exceptional page. They should be read more than once because they are very rich in their content.

Another very good reference:
    http://www.copticnet.com/Books/English Books/Pope Shenouda/Comparativc Thcology.pdf