Howdy, Stranger!
It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
Categories
- All Categories 13.8K
- General Category 10.9K
- General Announcements 184
- Faith Issues 3.4K
- Coptic Orthodox Church 2.5K
- Personal Issues 1.4K
- Prayer Requests 426
- Random Issues 1.8K
- Introductions 295
- Non-Orthodox Inquiries 232
- Youth Corner 606
- Hymns 2.6K
- Hymns Discussion 2.6K
- Technicial Difficulties 368
- Technical Topics 368
What is the proof?
What is the proof that the coptic orthodox church is the original church? if thats what our church believes..
I think some protestants do not believe this...
Do we have proof that St Mark was the founder of our church if he was the founder?
and did other apostles found other churches?
I think some protestants do not believe this...
Do we have proof that St Mark was the founder of our church if he was the founder?
and did other apostles found other churches?


Comments
~ Daughter of God
History.
EXACTLYYYY!
GBU
sandra
What is the proof that the coptic orthodox church is the original church? if thats what our church believes..
I think some protestants do not believe this...
Do we have proof that St Mark was the founder of our church if he was the founder?
and did other apostles found other churches?
history...well let me elaborate...sayings...what our anscestors have told us.....scriptures we have discovered....ect....but most of all...faith
im sorry but it just sounds pointless when someone askes something like that... i mean its a matter of faith, you've been brought up in this church, you've seen the holy mass and how holy it really is, you;ve seen how much our ancestors have suffered to keep the church alive, how much they were persecuted (try reading the books on the history of the coptic church- it will bring you 2 tears to think thats what they went through to keep the church alive) and then someone comes along and asks wats the proof
i mean come on.... >:(
forgive me if i sounded 2 harsh :-[
but I am just weak in faith sometimes.. especially when I do not feel very close to God maybe...
pray for me to keep firm in the faith forever!
who said were perfect????
were all sinners and we all fall but u must get back up again and ask the lord for strength and wisdom
rubena maak :)
Some very important questions can have simple yet true answers but I know you want to learn more, this is a blessed gift from God. I post for you links for really detailed readings. For your question, answers are found in the "Holy Tradition" lectures part (pdf) of this page:
http://www.suscopts.org/literature/orthodoxfaith.html
(the holy lectures files 1-5)
I you like reading, you will find a treasury of info in the pdf lectures of this exceptional page. They should be read more than once because they are very rich in their content.
Another very good reference:
http://www.copticnet.com/Books/English Books/Pope Shenouda/Comparativc Thcology.pdf