Views on dating?

Comments

• Does this mean we get to close the thread again? ;D

CS
  • i can say with complete confident that NO thread in this entire website will go longer than this one :D
  • lol. I don't know about that Wasim. We're closing in on 14 pages on that "GUYS" thread. lol

- Chris
  • True but we haven't talked in that one for a while now maybe i should go post something
    jk jk
  • I wonder who has posted the most on this thread....

CS
  • i know it is not me :)
  • [quote author=DrFMFIssa link=board=1;threadid=22;start=195#msg4529 date=1088083294]
    Egyprincess I disagree with you because (as I understand) from what you wrote it implies that a ring (i.e. engagement) will give going out with the person credibility and acceptance from society. It maybe the way in egypt- where I think there is no flexibility whatsoever and illogical. If both person are of the same mentality- I mean aiming to get married whats wrong with dating to make sure because I think engagement is an important step to take................ Personally I must be sure.

i dont mean that. i really dont care wat society thinks, im sick of its rules, etc. i ment that u dont have to date first then get engaged. the period of engagment is to know the person. if u date then engage, there is no point to engagement.
    i dunno of anyone or heard of anyone that got engaged more than 2 times. when the time is right, and we trust in God, he will provide us. i think that we depend on ourselves too much and on luck.
  • Well we have to depend on luck, because, as egyptians say, "da bakhtinna".

sleepy
  • no sleepy, if we depend on luck, then we dont depend on God. i dont beleive in luck
  • I don't mean that we should depend on luck and nothing else. We need to have faith in God, and nothing else, but it wouldn't hurt to let some luck play into it. Just like a card game. You need to have the luck of the cards to win. I know that this may seem silly to try to associate a card game with real life, but that's the best I could come up with. lol.

sleepy
  • [quote author=egprincess link=board=1;threadid=22;start=210#msg4602 date=1088121668]
    no sleepy, if we depend on luck, then we dont depend on God. i dont beleive in luck

i totally agree with u
    [glow=red,2,300]but[/glow]
    we have to know the person before we can think of getting engaged to him/her
    am i right or wrong
  • [quote author=Mathitis link=board=1;threadid=22;start=195#msg4537 date=1088090321]
    Put your life in God's hands, and let Him guide you and your steps. It's that simple. If you do that, you will actually be very happy with anythingthat happens in your life, trust me.

Matt

^^^^^^ WHAT HE SAID!

ps... i always considered the process of engagement the time period where the 'bride and groom' know they are right for each other, LOVE each other and have already planned to get married....?
  • [quote author=SMS link=board=1;threadid=22;start=225#msg4720 date=1088138999]
    [quote author=Mathitis link=board=1;threadid=22;start=195#msg4537 date=1088090321]
    Put your life in God's hands, and let Him guide you and your steps. It's that simple. If you do that, you will actually be very happy with anythingthat happens in your life, trust me.

Matt

^^^^^^ WHAT HE SAID!

ps... i always considered the process of engagement the time period where the 'bride and groom' know they are right for each other, LOVE each other and have already planned to get married....?

Leave my quotes alone! They are mine! ;D
  • [quote author=SMS link=board=1;threadid=22;start=225#msg4720 date=1088138999]

i dont agree
  • [quote author=egprincess link=board=1;threadid=22;start=225#msg4749 date=1088175665]
    [quote author=SMS link=board=1;threadid=22;start=225#msg4720 date=1088138999]

i dont agree

Neither do I. God always finds a way to reveal who is to be your significant other. Like I said before, this whole engagement/marriage thing should be really left in God's hands, not yours. You'll just screw it up, like usually. :)

Matt
  • [quote author=Mathitis link=board=1;threadid=22;start=225#msg4754 date=1088176799]
    Neither do I. God always finds a way to reveal who is to be your significant other. Like I said before, this whole engagement/marriage thing should be really left in God's hands, not yours. You'll just screw it up, like usually. :)

Matt

i agree 100% ;D
  • [quote author=egprincess link=board=1;threadid=22;start=225#msg4755 date=1088176896]
    [quote author=Mathitis link=board=1;threadid=22;start=225#msg4754 date=1088176799]

Matt

i agree 100% ;D

Are you stalking me?
  • No matter. I'm just checking :).
  • No stalking Matt! Thats my job! >:(

CS
  • [quote author=CopticSoldier link=board=1;threadid=22;start=225#msg4761 date=1088177514]
    No stalking Matt! Thats my job! >:(

CS

Guys! There is enough Matt to go around!
  • Now thats doesn't make sense at all guys. Its against all logic or have I just gone mad. Egyprincess how can you not agree that the engagement process is not for people to know each other before marriage??? I agree 100% that God will find the right person but do we hear his voice so clearly that we don't even need to know anything whatsoever about the other person. Thats not right!!!!!!!!! We pray, leave everything in God's hands knowing that the right person is out there BUT at the same time we must make active steps in addition to praying etc to know the other person nad find out if we are compatible or not. Getting to know the other person does not contradict our faith that God will show us the right person. Its just not one sided. Marriage is FOR EVER knowing the other is of paramount importance. God works and I work

Fady
  • i don't think there is a perfect person. I think any 2 people who are willing to work on their relationship thru communnication and compromise, and of course prayer will be in a good relationship. God blesses those who seek His blessing. But it is an active search, not a passive laid back, God will hand it to me attitude.
  • People marriage is the joining of two souls into one in the Eyes of God, and you have to look for a partner that will complete ur incompletes as you will complete their incompletes so that both of you would be complete WITH the Holy Spirit, it's like a pie, half of it is the Holy Spirit, one 1/4 is you and the last 1/4 is your partner, that's why you see that the percentage of divorce is really high in non-believers because they lack the Holy Spirit and can never be happy, that's why they keep divorcing and re-marrying and commiting adultrey.

Epsaltos Michael
  • If we're talking pies... then no.. we're not pieces. It would go as follows.. The 2 people would be to whole pies and then if they so choose, combine and make one big pie... (since seperatly they should be fully functional and self-dependent).. brought together only by the Grace of God through the Holy Spirit... since the Holy Spirit would be the welding force between these two people pies..
    Michael Thoma..
    i absolutely agree that it's an active search and that nothing is going to happen if we just sit here with an attitude that everything will just come nice and neat into our posession. I just think that the way others were addressing it is, don't take matters into your hands and think that you're the one doing the choosing. Since we're always taught to be just tools in the hand of the master Craftsmen, then it in turn means that we submit ourselves to His will when the time is right, and He will guide us to that decision..
  • [quote author=Epsaltos Michael link=board=1;threadid=22;start=225#msg4786 date=1088190702]
    People marriage is the joining of two souls into one in the Eyes of God, and you have to look for a partner that will complete ur incompletes as you will complete their incompletes so that both of you would be complete WITH the Holy Spirit, it's like a pie, half of it is the Holy Spirit, one 1/4 is you and the last 1/4 is your partner, that's why you see that the percentage of divorce is really high in non-believers because they lack the Holy Spirit and can never be happy, that's why they keep divorcing and re-marrying and commiting adultrey.

Epsaltos Michael

Lok for the partner? That's not how it works, bro. You have to first accept God's great love. After that step, God has set everything up for you, including your significant other. If in the human method you look for your significant other, it will all be materialistic and superficial and for selfish reasons. If God is not in between, you can say good bye to such a relationship.

Pray for me,
    Matt
  • That's true Mary, but two pieces not "glued" together will fall apart, right?

Epsaltos Michael
  • since the Holy Spirit would be the welding force between these two people pies..

• I think we've talked about all this before. Let me try and find the thread, then I'll post it.
  • [quote author=DrFMFIssa link=board=1;threadid=22;start=225#msg4771 date=1088183985]
    Now thats doesn't make sense at all guys. Its against all logic or have I just gone mad. Egyprincess how can you not agree that the engagement process is not for people to know each other before marriage??? I agree 100% that God will find the right person but do we hear his voice so clearly that we don't even need to know anything whatsoever about the other person. Thats not right!!!!!!!!! We pray, leave everything in God's hands knowing that the right person is out there BUT at the same time we must make active steps in addition to praying etc to know the other person nad find out if we are compatible or not. Getting to know the other person does not contradict our faith that God will show us the right person. Its just not one sided. Marriage is FOR EVER knowing the other is of paramount importance. God works and I work

Fady

sorry if i was misunderstood, but i said dating before engagment is not neccessary. i tottaly belive that engagment is for the paretners to know each other.