Verses Chain

Comments

• wowow you guys are on fireeeee...!

• My favourite verses are

But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before. (Philippians 3:13)

For when I am weak, then I am Strong. ( 2 Corinthians 12:10)

• Here are some more verses I like.

2 Samuel 22:3
    My God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation. He is my stronghold, my refuge and my savior— from violent men you save me.

Psalm 13:5
    But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation.

Matthew 3:11
    I baptize you with water for repentance. But after me will come one who is more powerful than I, whose sandals I am not fit to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and with fire.

Luke 5:32
    I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance."

Mark 2:17
    When Jesus heard it, he saith unto them, They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

Thanks a lot for that website too, MarMar.
  • 1 John 3:19 This then is how we know that we belong to the truth, and how we set our hearts at rest in his presence.

1 John 4:18 There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.

1 John 3:14 We know that we have passed from death to life, because we love our brothers. Anyone who does not love remains in death.
  • Here are some about God's love.

Psalm 32:10
    Many are the woes of the wicked, but the LORD's unfailing love surrounds the man who trusts in him.

Psalm 33:5
    The LORD loves righteousness and justice; the earth is full of his unfailing love.

Psalm 33:18
    But the eyes of the LORD are on those who fear him, on those whose hope is in his unfailing love,

Psalm 33:22
    May your unfailing love rest upon us, O LORD, even as we put our hope in you.

Psalm 36:5
    Your love, O LORD, reaches to the heavens, your faithfulness to the skies.

Psalm 36:7
    How priceless is your unfailing love! Both high and low among men find refuge in the shadow of your wings.

Psalm 36:10
    Continue your love to those who know you, your righteousness to the upright in heart.

Psalm 37:28
    For the LORD loves the just and will not forsake his faithful ones.

Psalm 40:11
    Do not withhold your mercy from me, O LORD; may your love and your truth always protect me.

There's more, but that's enough for now.
  • Psalm 40:16
    But may all who seek you rejoice and be glad in you; may those who love your salvation always say, "The LORD be exalted!"

Psalm 42:8
    By day the LORD directs his love, at night his song is with me— a prayer to the God of my life.

Psalm 44:3
    It was not by their sword that they won the land, nor did their arm bring them victory; it was your right hand, your arm, and the light of your face, for you loved them. :'( aww

Psalm 44:26
    Rise up and help us; redeem us because of your unfailing love.

Psalm 45:7
    You love righteousness and hate wickedness; therefore God, your God, has set you above your companions by anointing you with the oil of joy.

Psalm 48:9
    Within your temple, O God, we meditate on your unfailing love.

Psalm 52:8
    But I am like an olive tree flourishing in the house of God; I trust in God's unfailing love for ever and ever.

Psalm 57:3
    He sends from heaven and saves me, rebuking those who hotly pursue me; God sends his love and his faithfulness.

Psalm 57:10
    For great is your love, reaching to the heavens; your faithfulness reaches to the skies.

Psalm 59:16
    But I will sing of your strength, in the morning I will sing of your love; for you are my fortress, my refuge in times of trouble.

• Psalm 118:24
    This is the day the LORD has made;We will rejoice and be glad in it.

Accept each day thankfully as it is a blessing from God..

Truely, for each day that passes never comes back.

Psalm 63:3
    Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you. :'( Beautiful...

Psalm 69:16
    Answer me, O LORD, out of the goodness of your love; in your great mercy turn to me.

Psalm 77:8
    Has his unfailing love vanished forever? Has his promise failed for all time?

Psalm 85:10
    Love and faithfulness meet together; righteousness and peace kiss each other.

Psalm 86:5
    You are forgiving and good, O Lord, abounding in love to all who call to you.

Psalm 86:13
    For great is your love toward me; you have delivered me from the depths of the grave.

Psalm 86:15
    But you, O Lord, are a compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness.

• Also
    Genesis 39:9
    "How then could I do such a wicked thing and sin against God?"

nonetheless we sin every single day...

Psalm 89:2
    I will declare that your love stands firm forever, that you established your faithfulness in heaven itself.
    That is sooo true.

Psalm 89:14
    Righteousness and justice are the foundation of your throne; love and faithfulness go before you.
  • Now the purpose of the commandment is love from a pure heart, from a good conscience, and from sincere faith, (1 Timothy 1:5)

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. (John 3:16)

He who glories, let him glory in the Lord (1 Corinthians 1:31)

The fear of the Lord is the crown of wisdom, making peace and perfect health to flourish. (Sirach 1:18)

Oh, the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are His judgments and His ways past finding out! (Romans 11:33)

I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh. (Galatians 5:16)
    For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. (Galatians 5:14)

Blessed is he who considers the poor; The Lord will deliver him in time of trouble. (Psalms 40:1)

God loves a cheerful giver (2 Corinthians 9:7)

Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift! (2 Corinthians 9:15)

Watch, stand fast in the faith, be brave, be strong. (1 Corinthians 16:13)

And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love. (1 Corinthians 13:13)
    Therefore, if food makes my brother stumble, I will never again eat meat, lest I make my brother stumble. (1 Corinthians 8:13)

All things are lawful for me, but all things are not helpful. All things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any. (1 Corinthians 6:12)

For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God's. (1 Corinthians 6:20)

Let all that you do be done with love. (1 Corinthians 16:14)

For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God's. (1 Corinthians 6:20)

For not he who commends himself is approved, but whom the Lord commends. (2 Corinthians 10:18)
    He said to me, My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness. Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me (2 Corinthians 12:9)

I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me. (Galatians 2:20)

Jesus took bread, blessed and broke it, and gave it to the disciples and said, Take, eat; this is My body Then He took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink from it, all of you. For this is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins. (Matthew 26:26-28)
  • my favourite one that reminds me of god's love to me is:
    «´¨`•.¸¸.[glow=red,2,300]For God so loved the world that He sent His only begotten Son...[to give us] everlasting life(NKJV John 3:16)[/glow] .¸¸.•´¨`»

hey but the ones talk about judging and this one:
    “Be perfect just as your father in heaven is perfect” Ma5:48
    reminds me that of wut things i've done and that i'm nothing ::)
  • He keeps me functioning each and every day. Without Him, I will be nothing. Without Him, I am nothing. But, with Christ, HE strengthens me. (Phil 4:13)

I really like that 1. Post more up later. Bye!
  • James 2:14
    What good is it, my brothers, if a man claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save him?

James 2:18
    But someone will say, "You have faith; I have deeds." Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by what I do.

Galatians 3:9
    So those who have faith are blessed along with Abraham, the man of faith.

2 Corinthians 1:24
    Not that we lord it over your faith, but we work with you for your joy, because it is by faith you stand firm.

Hebrews 11:1
    Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

James 2:22
    You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did.

Matthew 17:20
    He replied, "Because you have so little faith. I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you."

Romans 14:23
    But the man who has doubts is condemned if he eats, because his eating is not from faith; and everything that does not come from faith is sin.

Romans 1:17
    For in the gospel a righteousness from God is revealed, a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written: "The righteous will live by faith."

2 Corinthians 5:7
    We live by faith, not by sight.

• 2 Timothy 4:7
    I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.

2 Timothy 4:6-8
    James 1:3
    because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance.

1 Corinthians 16:13
    Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong.

Galatians 3:25
    Now that faith has come, we are no longer under the supervision of the law.

Galatians 5:5
    But by faith we eagerly await through the Spirit the righteousness for which we hope.

James 2:24
    You see that a person is justified by what he does and not by faith alone.

Ephesians 6:23
    Peace to the brothers, and love with faith from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
  • Deuteronomy 16:20
    Follow justice and justice alone, so that you may live and possess the land the LORD your God is giving you.

Job 29:14
    I put on righteousness as my clothing; justice was my robe and my turban.

Psalm 103:6
    The LORD works righteousness and justice for all the oppressed.

Exodus 23:6
    "Do not deny justice to your poor people in their lawsuits.

Psalm 89:14
    Righteousness and justice are the foundation of your throne; love and faithfulness go before you.

Psalm 140:12
    I know that the LORD secures justice for the poor and upholds the cause of the needy.

Proverbs 21:15
    When justice is done, it brings joy to the righteous but terror to evildoers.

Isaiah 32:16
    Justice will dwell in the desert and righteousness live in the fertile field.

Psalm 33:5
    The LORD loves righteousness and justice; the earth is full of his unfailing love.

Psalm 97:2
    Clouds and thick darkness surround him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of his throne.

Psalm 11:7
    For the LORD is righteous, he loves justice; upright men will see his face.

Proverbs 29:4
    By justice a king gives a country stability, but one who is greedy for bribes tears it down.

Isaiah 1:17
    learn to do right! Seek justice, encourage the oppressed. Defend the cause of the fatherless, plead the case of the widow.
  • Romans 3:4 Let God be true, and every man a liar. As it is written: " So that you may be proved right when you speak and prevail when you judge."

Romans 3:22 This righteousness form God comes through faith in Jesus Chirist to all who believe.

Romans 4:7-8 Blessed are they whose transgressions are forgiven, whose isns are covered. Blessed is the man whose sin against the Lord will never count against him.

John 17:17
    Sanctify them by the truth; your word is truth.

John 8:32
    Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

John 16:13
    But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come.

John 6:47
    I tell you the truth, he who believes has everlasting life.

Galatians 4:16
    Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?

John 8:45
    Yet because I tell the truth, you do not believe me!

1 Corinthians 13:4-8 4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. 8Love never fails
  • Come on people what happened?

Romans 5:3 Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know suffering produces perserverance, perserverance, character, and character, hope.

Romans 5:8 But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we werer still sinners, Christ died for us.

Romans 8:26 In the same way, the spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit itself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express.

POST PEOPLE!!
  • What happened? :-\

John 14:27
    "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."

Psalm 34:14
    Turn from evil and do good; seek peace and pursue it.

Psalm 119:165
    Great peace have they who love your law, and nothing can make them stumble.

Luke 2:14
    "Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace to men on whom his favor rests."

Come on this is a great thread, I don't want it to die... :-\
  • 1 Thess. 5 : 16 and further
    16 Rejoice evermore. 17 Pray without ceasing. 18 In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

I loooove this verse, haven't I posted it before??

Psalms 26:2
    Examine me, O LORD, and prove me; try my reins and my heart.

• yea thats a really beautiful verse... :)
  • Oh ya I was looking through my bible and I actually found that verse underlined...wow...

Come on people, keep this chain alive...

Romans 13:10 Love does no harm to its neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.

Romans 12:9-10 Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves.

Romans 12:12 Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.

Romans 12:20 If your enemy is hungry feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink; in doing this you will heap burning coals on his head.

Romans 12: 21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.
  • Another beautiful verse I came across today is Philippians 1:21 For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.

come on guys i know u all have Bibles so use them!
  • heres some more I found in my Bible...

Romans 3:4 Let God be true, and every man a liar. As it is written: "So that you may be proved right when you speak an prevail when you judge".

Romans 3:22 This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe.

Romans 4:7-8 Blessed are they whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are crovered. Blessed is the man whse sin the Lord will never count against him.

Romans 5:8 But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: while we were still sinners Christ died for us.

Romans 8:38-39 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Romans 14:11 11It is written:
    " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord,
    'every knee will bow before me;
    every tongue will confess to God.' "

Galatians 1:20 I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me.

Galatians 3:29 If you belong to Christ then you are Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.
  • I think these are nice

Philipians 4:5-7
    Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Philipians 4:8
    Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things
  • John 14:1
    "Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me."

John 14:6
    "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

John 14:27
    Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

John 3:17-18
    For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son.

Is this not enough encouragement??? lol... come on guys...
  • Colossians 3:13-14 Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all in perfect unity.

Colossians 3:17 And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

2 Corinthians 1:3-4 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God.

Ephesians 2:13 But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far away have been brought near through the blood of Christ. :'(

Ephesians 2:14 For he himself is our peace, who has made the two one and has destroyed the barrier, the dividing wall of hostility.
  • Ephesians 6:10 and further

10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
    11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
    12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
    13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand
  • Hebews 4:12-13
    12For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. 13Nothing in all creation is hidden from God's sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account.

Hebrews 4:16
    Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.

Hebrews 12:3
    Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2 Timothy 2:11-13
    11Here is a trustworthy saying: If we died with him, we will also live with him; if we endure, we will also reign with him. If we disown him, he will also disown us; if we are faithless, he will remain faithful, for he cannot disown himself.

Hebrews 13:5-6
    Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said,
    "Never will I leave you;
    never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence,
    "The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid.
    What can man do to me?"
  • I don't have the exact reference, but there is a verse in the Bible that fits really good right now...

"If God is for us, who can be against us?"

In our times of tribulation, we must always know that if God is for us, no one, and I mean NO ONE, can be against us.
  • This one sums up the entire Old Testament and we should all memorize it.

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by Him; and without Him was not anything made that was made. In Him was Life; and the life was the light of men. And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.”
    (John 1:1-5)
  • If you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can tell a mountain to move from here to there and it will move and nothing will be impossible for you.