Verses Chain

13»

Comments

• [quote author=StVictor link=board=11;threadid=1850;start=90#msg41610 date=1130899221]
    This one sums up the entire Old Testament and we should all memorize it.

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by Him; and without Him was not anything made that was made. In Him was Life; and the life was the light of men. And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.”
    (John 1:1-5)

i am deeply in love with this verse omg...
    like its so, so peaceful n i just cant explain it...

but i got supporters!! lol thanks you guys keep posting...
  • What happened to this chain? as you can tell, even after 2 months im not giving up on it. you might as well give in lol...

Romans 12:14-16
    Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. Rejoice with those who rejoice; and mourn with those who mourn. Do not be proud, but we willing to associate with people of low position. Do not be conceited.

i like this passage because it teaches us to be humble and loving....
  • aww marmar i used that passage (from ecclesiates) for public speaking last year, i love it...

i dont care if they made a new thread! im sticking with the original (no offense to anyone)...

Romans 5:8 But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

and...

Romans 8:38-39
    I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
  • I find these verses amazing beautiful:

Isaiah 6:2-3 Above him were seraphs, each with six wings; with two they covered their faces, with two they covered their feet, and with two they were flying. 3 And they called to one another : Holy, holy, holy is the Lord Almighty; the whole earth is full of his glory.

These verses are also used in the Prayer of Reconcilation in the Gregorian Liturgy ;D
  • That is awesome Christ4Life, I love verse 12 in the Agepya, it's so beautiful! I'll post it later!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • I agree with you MarMar. I will also post my favorites when I find all of them. Thanks everyone for posting. Keep coming.