Bible/Saint Trivia

Comments

• Marmar I know the answers:

1) John = You Hanna (Arabic)
    'You' comes from 'Yahwa' which means God
    'Hanna' means has compassion
    so John or Youhanna means 'God has compassion'
    2) St. Luke was also an artist (He painted 2 Icons of St. Mary one of them is in Egypt)
  • Match the person with the deeds.

1- Eve (a) Killed Goliath

2- Noah (b) Parted the red sea

3- Jacob (c) Ate the forbiden fruit

4- Joseph (d) Was swalled by a whale

5- Moses (e) Ascended to heaven in a flaming chariot

6- Balaam (f) Built God's temple in Jerusalem

7- David (g) Was thrown into a den of lions

8- Solomon (h) Dreamed of a staircase to heaven

9- Elijah (i) His donkey spoke to him

10- Jonah (j) Walked on water

11- Daniel (k) Was thrown into a pit by his brothers

12- Jesus (l) Built a big boat to escape flood
  • Great answer MarMar91

The answer to your questionis:

Bartimaeus is the blind man in Jerico
    HIS name means: the son of Timaeus
    His father's name is Temaeus

The story is mentioned in the Gosple of St. Mark Chapter 10.
  • ok

this really isn't that hard but o well

wat does barabbas mean, and wat could/is important about his name
  • Barabbas means "son of the father."

As you all know, Jesus took his place on the cross; He truly is the Son of the Father.
  • name 2 prophettess's (female prophets), 2 from the old testament, and 1 from the new testament
  • umm is 1 of them miriam (and miriam the prophetess sister of aaron went with all the ppl behind her with tamborines and praises in tasbeha) umm farout we had this question in SC i forgot.
    was it 2 or 3 u wanted?

wat was the name of the perfume that the adultress put on Jesus' feet in (arabic and english) hey r both different btw

GB ALL
    +FROG+
    GOD IS GREAT!!
  • yes u r right 1 of them is miriam :)

in english its an alabaster box of ointment/ fragrant oil in arabic "karooret teyb" which just means in english, a bottle of perfume, same thing pretty much?
  • nup i think ur talking bout sumfing else they r different in english and arabic

GB All
    +FROG+
    GOD IS GREAT!!
  • umm yar that sounds right yar i think its anna umm was judith one orr ....... am i just way too much off the track :)

GB ALL
    +FROG+
    GOD IS GREAT!!
  • wat was the name of the perfume that the adultress put on Jesus' feet in (arabic and english) hey r both different btw

I think the name of the oil was "Karorat teyb NARDINE katheern althaman"
  • The saint that wiped the Lord's face was st. Veronica
  • What are the three most frequent names for the Popes of Alexandria?

• 1: John (19 of them lol)
    2: Gabriel (8)
    3: Marc (8)
  • Excellent Hos Erof!!!

Peter comes in the fourth place ( 7 times )
  • that seems cool but i wast to answer a question!! :'( :'(
  • is it praise the lord ?
  • [quote author=Coptic boy link=board=1;threadid=1841;start=75#msg29578 date=1119884801]

wat was the name of the perfume that the adultress put on Jesus' feet in (arabic and english) hey r both different btw

I think the name of the oil was "Karorat teyb NARDINE katheern althaman"

ok yes i only understood the nardin becoz nardin is absolutely correct with no 'e' btw lol coz thats ma name yas but thats arabic its a different word in english lol keep guessing

lol i cheated on a question the other prophetess is deborah yar? i as my servant lol

yar i think it is praise the Lord

GB ALL
    +FROG+
    GOD IS GREAT!!
  • What is the name of the soldier who pierced Jesus' side? Hint: he became a saint.

In the doxology of the apostles we say that there are 72 apostles, but the Bible only lists 70. Who are the other 2?

Who was the first person in the New Testament to receive the Holy Spirit?

Easy one.

What is the only New Testament Book that is a book of prophecy?
  • umm the centurion dus his name start wif r

umm i dunno

umm was it paul

umm revelation
    lol im reelly bad at this

GB ALL
    +FROG+
    GOD IS GREAT!
  • What is the name of the soldier who pierced Jesus' side? Hint: he became a saint.

St. Longinous

Who was the first person in the New Testament to receive the Holy Spirit?

John the Baptise.

What is the only New Testament Book that is a book of prophecy?

The Book of Revalation
  • St. Longinus is correct. Fantastic.

From the Synexarium for Abib 23

\

The Martyrdom of St. Longinus the Soldier.
    On this day, St. Longinus the Soldier, was martyred. He was Greek by nationality, from one of the countries of Cappadocia. When Tiberius Caesar reigned, and appointed Pilate governor of the land of Judah, Longinus was one of the soldiers that accompanied him.

When the time arrived that Our Lord wished to save the creation, Longinus was one of the soldiers that were in charge of crucifying the Lord of Glory. It happened that after the Lord had delivered up His soul, Longinus pierced His side with a spear, and blood and water flowed from His Side. Longinus marvelled exceedingly when he saw this, and his amazement increased when he saw that the sun became dark, the curtain of the Temple was rent, the rocks were split, and that the dead rose up from the tombs. He believed and realized all the miracles which Our Lord performed from His Birth to His Crucifixion. When the righteous Joseph took the body of the Savior, shrouded Him, and laid it in the sepulcher, this Saint was standing there with the guards when they sealed the tomb.

When Our Lord rose from the sealed tomb, Longinus was perplexed, and he asked God to explain to him this mystery. Our Lord sent to him the Apostle Peter, who told him everything which had been prophesied concerning the Redeemer. He believed, abandoned the military service, went back to his country, and preached the Name of Christ.

When Pilate heard about this, he wrote to Tiberius about him, who ordered his head cut off, and thus he received the crown of martyrdom.

May his prayers be with us, Amen.

No it was not St. John the Baptist.

Yes Revelation is a book of prophecy.
  • Who was the first person in the New Testament to receive the Holy Spirit?

The Virgin St. Mrry, when the Archangel Gabriel announced to her the good news.
  • Safaa, you are on a roll.

St. Mary is the first person in the New Testament to receive the Holy Spirit.
    Luke 1:35

35And the angel answered and said to her, "The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you; therefore, also, that Holy One who is to be born will be called the Son of God.

Any takers for the other 2 apostles.
    Hint: one was alive during the time of Christ and the other was not.
  • Is one of the apostles St. Mark??? and the other St. Luke??? I think.
  • which person in the new testament was appointed a preacher, and apostle and a teacher of the gentiles?

GB AlL
    +FROG+
    GOD IS GREAT!!
  • No it is not St. Mark & St. Luke, both are numbered among the 70.
    Hints:
    1) Think about who converted after the descent of the Holy Spirit upon the apostles.
    2) The other was born after Jesus' time.

I admit this is a hard one, but someone should get at least one of the two.
  • for the 72 apostles, is one of them paul?
  • [quote author=FULLY RELY ON GOD link=board=1;threadid=1841;start=90#msg30015 date=1120220173]
    which person in the new testament was appointed a preacher, and apostle and a teacher of the gentiles?

GB AlL
    +FROG+
    GOD IS GREAT!!

i think its peter or paul???
    im not sure
  • ok i know this one is easy but who carried jesus on his shoulders

who was the woman whose husband abandoned her and she washed Christs feet

which saint's father bowed to Pagan gods and burned insence to them.

I know these are easy but they're all I can think of.