Bible/Saint Trivia

Comments

• Who wrote revelations, where was it written?
  • by St. John the beloved, i think when he was at the island of Patmos
  • Bravo. You're good...
    ok in St. George's story, the emperess, wife of Diocletian, believed in Jesus and was martyed what is her name,
    and also the adultress that they brought to St. George, also believed in Christ and was martyed what is her name?
  • Who are the two people who resurected without dying?
  • I think the first one is prisca
  • no not prisca
  • St. George questions: I should know, Her feast wasn't too long ago. I read her story in the synexarium (must have been during lent) Sorry, You got me on that one.

Mark: Are you talking about Elijah and Enoch? ( I think that's the right spelling)
  • im not sure what u mean by "resurrected"? went to heaven? but im guessing you mean Elijah, who was taken by a chariot of fire, and Akhnokh (im not sure how u spell it)
  • Yup, thats who I meant. I'm not sure about the spelling either...
  • oops u beat me ;),
    its akhnookh in arabic ive been trying to figure out in english thanks copticboy :) ;D
  • You've got me too Mary, I have no idea.
  • Sorry Princess, You are a day late and a Dollor Short (lol Just Kidding) You Knew the answer anyway. Good Job.

Here is a tough one:

This saint said "He who runs away from tribulation, runs away from God"
    Who is he?
  • St Anthony... ???
  • abu polla?(srry about spelling) :\

God bless
    p.s. (i don't even think this is right)
  • chief of Sinners,
    Right answer. That is the only saying we have from him. He is a GREAT saint non-the less.

Here are a couple more:

1) She repremanded her father for leaving the faith, he died as a martyer after that
    2) he used to be an instructor for the princes, He later became a monk.
    3) WE know Anba Boula is the Father of anachorites (Sooa7). This saint is the leader, who is he?

Waiting for your great responses.
  • 1) st demiana
    2) st arsanius
    3) anba pachomious is "ab ilshareka" i think in english means father of unity ?,and st anthony is father of monasticism
  • 1) which saint wrote the creed?
    2) the devil vanished upon hearing the name of this saint?, and what is the name of the magician that believed in christ because of this saint, and later was ordained a bishop?

and no 1 figured out these yet? i posted them earlier?:
    in St. George's story, the emperess, wife of Diocletian, believed in Jesus and was martyed, what is her name?,
    and also the adultress that they brought to St. George, also believed in Christ and was martyed what is her name?
  • yes ive seen the 2 icons, yes she has the devil in her pic, but not in the form of a dragon, attached is marina the monk :), have u seen the video/film? its really nice :)
  • 1. the lost things i know of 3 saints : st anthony, anba wanas, and abu nifr ilsa2ih
    2. st marina the monk, and st ilaria
    3. herodia
    4. Lidia
    5. Phoebe

* u r right about st athanasius :) good job
  • i think they are rather easy tho, sorry im no good at this....

thanks marmar, i liked your questions, i didnt think they were easy, great questions :)
  • [quote author=PrincessMary link=board=1;threadid=1841;start=45#msg28296 date=1118687811]
    1) which saint wrote the creed?
    2) the devil vanished upon hearing the name of this saint?, and what is the name of the magician that believed in christ because of this saint, and later was ordained a bishop?

1) Was answered already (St. Athansious didn't right the whole thing but he was "instrumental" in writing it
    2) I believe the saint you talk about her name was Anastasia and the Magcian was Simon. She has a beautifull Story. I love it.
  • hi copticboy,
    yes St. Athanasius did not write the whole creed, :)
    no its not saint anastasia, and i saw her movie and theres no magician mentioned in the sinexarium either?? unless theres 2 Anastasia's??,
    Simon, i think is the magician mentioned in the book of Acts. that tried to buy the holy spirit, then when he understood christianity, later converted
  • this might be a little off topic but i was gona google one of the questions...lol
  • [quote author=PrincessMary link=board=1;threadid=1841;start=45#msg28296 date=1118687811]

2) Justina and Kyprianos :)
  • ya good job youstina and kebrianos :)

this might be a little off topic but i was gona google one of the questions...lol

;D ;D
  • 1. Sarah
    2. Rebekah
    3. He married Leah, but he loved Rachel, which he later married
    4. 120??

marmar, there is no eggs and chickens ;D we r all 1 body in Christ and we all learn from each other :)
  • ya thats why i had qu marks by it i wasnt sure, is it 3000? (Acts 2 :41 )
  • 1. Susanna
    2. Timothy
    3. St. Mark
  • 1.?
    2. physician
    3. St. Luke
    4. sycamore tree