GAMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2»

Comments

• The games you choose to play reflect your personal values,your character.The books you read,the music you listen to,the movies and television you watch, all reflect your moral code and values system.If a person is able to play a game where Satan is glorified and it doesnt bother him then that proves there is something wrong with his{or her} heart.Everthing we do,even simple things like playing a video game,are a part of our life and we will be held accountable before God for every action,every word,every thought.

Uhhhh, NO.... I love reading about things I don’t like, just to get to know it better, I love playing GTA.... as mentioned before, doesn’t mean I will go and steal a car.... as I said before, you cant mix what goes on in a game with what goes on in your life... that is just stupid...
  • yes but if u play a game whos icon on your desktop is a pentagram ( the star of satan) thats wrong and disrespectful and unacceptable in gods eyes am i right im not saying hell become satanist or nething but its like alot of kids play quake three and have no idea what this star means so they continue to see it again and again and in the future the minut it is presented to them its familialirty kicks in . Like alot of the tyme you see teens wearing all black and shirts portraying satanists such as marilyn manson and so forth how do you think this all started. It started because someone let them hear that type of music and influenced them and then they started down this path.SO what types of games you play do have an effect on you no matter what age group and even if there is no affect WWJD
    aghape ,
    chris
  • o hay J Franklin o yer u meen sim city nd sim safari nd sim tower watever else there is yar man their fun lol i used to play em wen i was little koolness

GBU ALL PPLZ ;) :D ;D :-*
    FROG
  • Uhhhh, NO.... I love reading about things I don’t like, just to get to know it better

I'm talking about reading things that are morally wrong,listening to music that is morally wrong,playing games that are morally wrong.The Bible says "Bad company corrupts good morals".This does not just refer to our interaction with human beings but can be equally applied to what we listen to,what we read,what games we play.If you constantly feed your mind garbage then your bound to be affected in a negative way sooner or later.Thats just a fact.If you read books that contain sexually explicit material then your mind will soon be bombarded with sexually immoral images and fantasies,etc If you listen to music that contains curse words pretty soon foul language will be coming out of your mouth,etc If you play video games that are morally wrong or that glorify Satan ypou will eventually be affected by corrupting inflences.

Let me ask you a question.You say your morals arent affected by playing games?Then how do you justify playing a game like GTA where you steal and murder and commit all kinds of evil acts?You think the Lord Jesus is sitting in Heaven approving of your actions?Yeah ,I could just hear Him now,"Theres my child down on earth playing a "game" once again.He's murdering people,beating to death a prostitute with a baseball bat,stealing cars....basically pretending that he's breaking all Ten Commandments.But its Ok,it's just a "game",he's just pretending".I dont think so.If we are guilty of certain sins like adultry just by thinking lustful thoughts in our mind{not actually doing the evil deed}then does not God hold us accountable for the thoughts of our heart when we play video games.When we enjoy playing games where we commit murder,steal,lie,etc?I think you know the answer.

There are plenty of games {with lots of action}that dont require us to commit cold-blooded murder to have fun or break every commandment of God...lol :)
  • yar man their fun lol i used to play em wen i was little koolness

Your so cool FROG... ;D
  • :D ;D[quote author=jfranklin link=board=1;threadid=1191;start=30#msg20436 date=1108113380]

yar man their fun lol i used to play em wen i was little koolness

Your so cool FROG... ;D

hay lol wateva ur tha cool 1 :) ;) :D ;D

lol
    GBU All PPLZ pray 4 me :) ;) :D ;D :-* :-*
    FROG
  • hahahaha wow guys how for real a games A GAME NOTHING MORE LOL
    I MEAN THERES SOME PG 13 MOVIES I BELIEVE WE ALL WATCH SUCH AS RUSH HOUR I MEAN YOU DON'T SEE ME JUMPING OFF BUILDINGS DOING KARATE LIKE JACKIE CHAN AND KICKING BUTT DO YOU LOL
    just like a movies a movie a game is a game ;D
  • ::)

In a video game your the one{your character}murdering,stealing,etc. In a movie your watching someone else do these things.You might approve of what their doing,you might not.In a video game your actions are your own.

Are you trying to tell me that in your church you believe in keeping the 10 commandments but outside of church when you want to blow off a little steam its OK to "play" games where you murder,steal,lie,etc.Dont you get it....when you condone an action in your heart or mind even if your just "playing" or "fantasizing" your still quilty of that sin because you approve of it in your heart.Jesus said if you lust in your "mind or heart" after a women your quilty of committing sexual immorality{even though you didnt actually commit the deed of adultery}.The Bible says if you hate your brother your quilty of the sin of murder{even though you didnt actually commit a real murder}.Even so if you "play" a game{laughing and having a grand old time}where you beat to death a woman with a baseball bat,where you lie,steal,cheat,etc God sees your attitude,that you"enjoy" a "game" where its fun to break every commandment of God.If you think this type of behaviour is pleasing to the Lord Jesus Christ then I fear your christian spirituality is a little warped.Your morality a little twisted...lol...big time.

And its not because were worried your gonna steal a car or murder someone in real life{thats not the point at all}but rather its because you condone these evil actions using and hiding behind the excuse "its just a game".Its the attitude of the heart thats in question.Why would a christian want to play such a game anyway.Its against his nature to commit these acts in real life so why would he want to pretend to them in a game.It makes absolutely no sense at all. :)
  • I think if People start killing, stealing, and whatever else, because they saw it in a game... then we can talk about it... but now People are more mature, and dont do that.
  • hey i just played night fire i think i'l join the fbi now and shoot people lol (i'm be sarcastic if u don't understand)
  • i think jfranklin brings up really good points....i loooove playing video games..like i LOVE it....but jfranklin u have a really good point...and now i'm going to have to reconsider everything...i mean i haven't had time to play lately because of school and stuff, so it's not a big deal to stop playing right now. The thing is, it's just now i see playing these games from a completely different perspective...and yea i don't think God would be looking down and be very happy of dany if he were to be playing these games....
  • I think if People start killing, stealing, and whatever else, because they saw it in a game... then we can talk about it... but now People are more mature, and dont do that.

hey i just played night fire i think i'l join the fbi now and shoot people lol (i'm be sarcastic if u don't understand)

You guys keep missing the point...lol...its not about you going out and doing something you see in a video game{how many times do I have to say that...lol ;D}its about the attitude of your heart.A person who can "pretend" to murder a woman,steal,lie,etc and see nothing wrong with it,in fact, they even enjoy it{"it just so much fun"},then that person in my opinion is either spiritually sick or very immature in the christian faith.Thats just my opinion though...lol...

But let me repeat myself:"it has nothing to do with you going out and committing a violent act". Once again let me repeat myself:"it has nothing to do with you going out and committing a violent act". Its all about the attitude of the heart...LOL... ;D
  • i loooove playing video games..like i LOVE it.

I do too! But I try to pick games that dont go against Gods moral code or those that glorify the Devil.Games that try to make evil look cool.There are tons of good games out there.Dont stop playing the good ones...lol...Be thankful to the LORD that He has given us these wonderous,amazing technological advances that give us such pleasure.We are blessed in every way.Let us always have a thankful heart.
  • [quote author=thebrain link=board=1;threadid=1191;start=30#msg20465 date=1108166176]
    hahahaha wow guys how for real a games A GAME NOTHING MORE LOL
    I MEAN THERES SOME PG 13 MOVIES I BELIEVE WE ALL WATCH SUCH AS RUSH HOUR I MEAN YOU DON'T SEE ME JUMPING OFF BUILDINGS DOING KARATE LIKE JACKIE CHAN AND KICKING BUTT DO YOU LOL
    just like a movies a movie a game is a game ;D

OMG OMG I LUUUUUV THAT MOVIE LOL THEY R LYK THA BEST MOVIES EVER LOL JUST DECIDED TO SHARE THAT LOL
    UMM YER I LUV GAMES ALOT LOL BUT J FRANKLIN HAS REELY GOOD POINTS LOL IM RECONSIDERING 2 LOL
    GOOD STUFF PPLZ :) ;) :D ;D :-*
    RABENA MA3AKOM :) ;) :-*
    FROG
  • hey what about playing cards, is playing cards wrong, because its like gambling, and you are gambling in your heart?
  • hey what about playing cards, is playing cards wrong, because its like gambling, and you are gambling in your heart?

I do believe gambling is wrong...but when you play cards for fun,just to have a good time....I dont see anything wrong with that.There are alot of good card games out there...have fun!

I know throughout history many have been oposed to games,cards,etc...many think these forms of recreation evil or tools of Satan...I dont agree...I see them as just part of the tapestry of life,gifts from a kind Creator for the enjoyment of His creation.Activities that stimulate the imagination,bringing wonder and joy to our hearts.I believe God is good and wants us to enjoy the works of His Hand.Not some God who wants us to be miserable thinking everything under the Sun is a sin.

As long as it's not against the teaching and commandments of the LORD...then enjoy the good things in life, giving thanks to God for all things,knowing that your time on earth is short and that your true home is in Heaven where all earthly delight will fade away in the surpassing glory and presence of our great God and King. MarYa is great!
  • yeah playing cards definitely isnt wrong when u play cards u dunt gamble in ur heart u play iys human nature to compete so no it is not wrong(at least i dunt think so)

aghape,
    chris
  • [quote author=jfranklin link=board=1;threadid=1191;start=45#msg20611 date=1108418928]

hey what about playing cards, is playing cards wrong, because its like gambling, and you are gambling in your heart?

I do believe gambling is wrong...but when you play cards for fun,just to have a good time....I dont see anything wrong with that.There are alot of good card games out there...have fun!

I know throughout history many have been oposed to games,cards,etc...many think these forms of recreation evil or tools of Satan...I dont agree...I see them as just part of the tapestry of life,gifts from a kind Creator for the enjoyment of His creation.Activities that stimulate the imagination,bringing wonder and joy to our hearts.I believe God is good and wants us to enjoy the works of His Hand.Not some God who wants us to be miserable thinking everything under the Sun is a sin.

As long as it's not against the teaching and commandments of the LORD...then enjoy the good things in life, giving thanks to God for all things,knowing that your time on earth is short and that your true home is in Heaven where all earthly delight will fade away in the surpassing glory and presence of our great God and King. MarYa is great!

lol :) ;) :D ;D u keep steeling ma werds stop it nar jkz lol nar no better way to put it i lyk cards its fun lol anything is fun even dat gambling game nar wont go there lol

rabena ma3akom guys :) ;) :D ;D :-* :-*
    GBU ALL
    FROG

+u need hope to cope+