What church are you from?

Comments

• are u sure?? i didn't know that, i always thought only the serving deacons (not even all the deacons) and clergy could enter the middle hekal (dont u guys have an english word for hekal btw ::))
  • [quote author=LostEgPrincess link=board=6;threadid=620;start=30#msg11262 date=1094841478]
    well actually until a female physically starts maturing, she could go in, its usally age of 12 as St.Mary

im pretty sure
  • i don't think its a specific age, i think its when she gets her period.
  • hey guys sorry to get off topic but....
    do u guys know since the fast has started. so in asheya when the priest holds the 3 candles after saying the creed and after the sayings and u know when the part amen lord have mercy lord have mercy lord have mercy comes do u say that part the long way or just regular?
  • sorry to egt off topic or ntohing but earlier on di first page im 13 too!
  • hey im 13 too!!! :o :o :o

and for joehan, i know its a little late in kiahk, but ive been told that you're just supposed to say it the same u do in annual

o and by the way st.marina in lake forest, california!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D

GBU
  • [quote author=Hos Erof link=board=6;threadid=620;start=45#msg11461 date=1095088262]
    are u sure?? i didn't know that, i always thought only the serving deacons (not even all the deacons) and clergy could enter the middle hekal (dont u guys have an english word for hekal btw ::))

i've been told that only the priests, bishop and pope were allowed to go through the royal door.

and im pretty sure that the hekal is the actual altar and the mesbah is the sanctuary

GBU
  • If abouna ends the prayer with a long way then you say Lord Have Mercy with the long way but if he did not then we say it short. God Bless and Happy New Year! :)
  • [quote author=+ + + link=board=6;threadid=620;start=15#msg11088 date=1094729388]
    it is cathedral, it has always been, it is oficially by the council, if it wasnt for our church, arncliffe wouldnt be a city!!!...go and ask them if u wish... :P :P
    it will b oficially ((by the church)) the cathedral, once agen wen they buy the house on the corner and a couple mor coz i herd they will make the 'oskofia' next our church....
    my bro works in there now, in the oskofiya and he knows mor than u :P
    and on the front of the church in the thingy that the pope put says that our church is cathedral....if u didnt notice, i will show ya....
    want anymor proof??

ok lets just say we are cathedral...well, we r!

goodbye

ps. weve always been mannn.....like wer not :P ;D

foof jenny that is nasty stuff i go to st marks as wel as u guys and also anba abraam and jenny i agree wit GJI st marx aint a cathedral st mary is the cathedral now

gbu all
    frog
  • May I go back to the original topic 8)

I'm from St Mary and St Mark church in Paris, France.

I didn't see anyone from France replying on this forum, i hope i'm not the only french :)
  • Welcome to this forum my cousin ;D
    guess who this is lol
  • Who said that you are the only french, my dear Peter75 ?
    You know well that wherever you are, I'm always behind you. ;)

I'm from St Mary and St Mark Church in Paris - France, TOO.

So there are two french on this website for the moment :)

God Bless and Happy New Year filled with peace, success, joy & warmth & togetherness of your loved ones !
  • Hey Matt u see i take part to forums now just like u.

;)
  • Sorry! I forgot that u have an account on this site too Tifou.

So yes we are 2 french now. Great.
  • i'm from St. Mary and St. Athanasuis Coptic orthodox Church in Ontario, Canada.
    Our church is is one of the biggest churches in N. america!!
  • Guardian Angel you go to my church! lol yaaaaay!!....
    i dont think many ppl from this site are from ontario lol...
    ;D
  • St. George in San Jose california

aghape,
    chris
  • i'm from St. Mark church in Rochester, NY
  • st george in san jose-omg me 2 chris!
  • bayonne,
    that is St. Abanoub and St. Anthony
    well thats all there is
  • St. Mary and St. John Coptic Orthodox Church, Bayonne, NJ
  • Ok I am from St. Antonius Cptic Orthodox Church in Portland Oregon! Yay !! Ya i koe guys u never heard of it but those of you from washington oregon and parts of canada, we r the church that won the trophy yay!! We plan to keep it lol
    or at least try! :)
  • [glow=Lime Green,2,300]Oh and those of you complianing about the number of alters you guys may have it easy! In my church we r lucky to have 2 priests. Note that they each come one at a time from seattle washingtion to portland oregon to my church. We are lucky if we get 2 oddasses a month! i know it is crazy but its true. It is gettingmuch better though we got a new chuch and we actually have sunday school now! yay! The only two things we want now is that god graant us an aub Kahin and peace in our church. But since our victory at the NWCYC (north west coptic youth convention) We won an acting trophy even though we had like 8 youth we and no time to prepare we did it! Sorry if i sound cocky we are just so happy for this! :) [/glow]

[glow=pink,2,300]God bless You All![/glow]
  • [quote author=FULLY RELY ON GOD link=board=6;threadid=620;start=45#msg17001 date=1104578945]
    [quote author=+ + + link=board=6;threadid=620;start=15#msg11088 date=1094729388]
    it is cathedral, it has always been, it is oficially by the council, if it wasnt for our church, arncliffe wouldnt be a city!!!...go and ask them if u wish... :P :P
    it will b oficially ((by the church)) the cathedral, once agen wen they buy the house on the corner and a couple mor coz i herd they will make the 'oskofia' next our church....
    my bro works in there now, in the oskofiya and he knows mor than u :P
    and on the front of the church in the thingy that the pope put says that our church is cathedral....if u didnt notice, i will show ya....
    want anymor proof??

ok lets just say we are cathedral...well, we r!

goodbye

ps. weve always been mannn.....like wer not :P ;D

foof jenny that is nasty stuff i go to st marks as wel as u guys and also anba abraam and jenny i agree wit GJI st marx aint a cathedral st mary is the cathedral now

gbu all
    frog

sorry guys i was rong and so were u GJI apparantly st marys church and our churhc st marx are both Cathedrals HOW COOL

GBU ALL
    FROG
  • i'm from s.mark and st.mary in michigans any michigan people here
  • SAINT MARY EAST BRUNSWIK NEW JERSEY and 3 AMAZIN PRIESTS!! LUV U ALL!
  • Im from the awesome Coptic Orthodox Church of Saint Abanoub and Saint Anthony in BaYoNnE, NJ

• I attend St Nicholas Antiochian Orthodox Cathedral in New Yawk City across the river form where the Twin towers once stood.... :'(.
  • Saint Mark Jersey City (West Side)