What church are you from?

Comments

• what is your problem??
  • i do enjoy. thank you :) this is a really nice and addictive site. :)
  • hey Christ4Life, sorry to be rude or anything but what church are you from?? thanks and god bless your heart!
  • I'm from St. Abanoub and St. Antonius Church in Bayonne NJ. I said it like a page back in case you didn't notice.

I dont mean to sound mean or anything but why?
  • oh i have been to new jersey but not to that church. i heard that your church was really nice and your people are also nice. i know friends who have been there but they were there like last year!!!thanks!!
  • thank you... you're from florida right?
  • yes clearwater. it is a really nice church and just half an hour away from tampa church and about an hour from orlando!!
  • why are you saying that??half an hour and an hour??
  • gee sorry >:( i just like showing my church!!! >:( you have a problem with that???
  • sandrahanna and basketball... can we pleez keep the... um... arguing off of the posts if possible?
  • please forgive me i got carried away.......please forgive!! i am very sorry!!!! :-[ :'(
  • you're crying? wow you do get carried away
    (no offense) lol :P
  • sorry it is just that i get hurt so easy and i am very very very very very 1 million times- sensitive. i get hurt easy and cry easy and i do not really want to show it!! no one knows exept family,some friends, and know tasbeha.... ;D
    basketball
  • i mean i cry easily too but i mean you guys were just having a silly argument,
  • yeah you are right. sorry again. please forgive me! :)
    basketball
  • aww, if i thought i was sensitive you must make 10 of me habibi! peace ;)
  • sorry but what do you mean with the 10 part??? :D
  • like you are 10 times more sensitive than me
  • okay i got it!!!! thanks i am slow like all the time!!!
  • ok... everyone just forget this... lets get back to the topic pleezzee..
  • yeah let us get back on topic....you know everyone what church are you from??
    basketball
  • St. George and St. Reuiss in North York, Toronto
  • toronto is the bomb!!!! cold but the bomb!!! ;D lol
  • St. Mary and Archangel Micheal....Orlando, Florida A.K.A. ~~O-town!!!!
  • Im from St. Mary's Church in Minnesota...... it is sooo good here...!?!?!?!?! i love it is absolutely great.
    [glow=red,2,300]MONster[/glow]
  • I attend four churches in the following order:
    1) ST Mark's (Coptic) in Kensington London (some Sundays),
    2) ST Mary's (Coptic) in Coulsdon/Croydon London (some Sundays),
    3) Eya Sofia (St Sophie - Greek Roman Orthodox) in Queensway London (some Sundays),
    4) The Church of Our Lady (Roman Catholic) in Surrey (Monday to Saturday and occassional Sundays).
  • Deano,

You didn't take communion at the heteredox Church's did you? (i.e. the Greek Orthodox and the Roman Catholic Church)

Peace.
  • What on earth is Greek Roman Orthodox?
  • I do take communion at these churches - yes.

The difference between Catholic and Roman Catholic is similar (not the same but similar) to the difference between Orthodox and Roman Orthodox churches.

I have not had communion in an Anglican (Protestant) church for about 14 years at least.

(If I am in a place where there is no Orthodox church near by, and I feel that I need communion then I will take this at whatever the church is. My initial selection will almost certainly be Catholic. Whilst I appreciate each church with its concerns and issues and espcially on retention, I am not defecting, but I just will not let anything come between God and I. You may not agree with this and you certainly will not be the last. However, its my view and option and I would ask you to respect that, for it is God alone that will judge me.)
  • Deano,

You may not agree with this and you certainly will not be the last. However, its my view and option

There is nothing called “my view and option” in the Orthodox Church. Communing at the heteredox Church’s essentially means ex-communicating yourself from the Orthodox Church according to the Church canons – you cease to be Orthodox, since communion is an essential factor of being an Orthodox believer.

If you reside somewhere that is too far a distance from the nearest Oriental Orthodox Church, or even if you have to travel somewhere for a significant period such that you are too far a distance from the nearest Oriental Orthodox Church, then you consult your Bishop and he decides what is appropriate and reasonable for you according to the facts of your circumstances.

It is only in extreme situations in which I have heard of Bishops allowing communion at Eastern Orthodox Church’s and never have I in fact heard of any Bishop allowing communion at a Roman Catholic and certainly not any Protestant Church. What you are doing is dangerous, negligent and careless. I do not mean to be harsh on you, I’m simply telling you the truth. You cannot make yourself your own authority in Orthodoxy; the Lord instituted One authority and that is the Orthodox Church. Consult a Bishop and tell him what you have done, for your actions were erroneous and grave; he will advise you with regards to rectifying your mistakes as well as how to handle things in the future.

Peace.