Modeling

Comments

• guys ur blowing this way way outta proportion, it was a small and simple thing, it didnt cause anyone any trouble, ali really wasnt hurt about it, trust me i know, his just tryin to give me a bad name on this site, which garantee u he will try and do, do atack wat ive done just see the simplicity and innocence in it, it not just reputation, it practacially provoking ppl to sin, i mean a small harmless action prevents a person from sinning, i sure if u guys thought about it ud see that in the end it was the rite thing to do.
    and lyk i said, ali doesnt care bout it, but im sure he'll reply and put on a good show for u.

i sorry u see wat i have done as wrong, but my intension wasnt to degrade or abuse ali, and by the retelling of events from both of us im sure u can see that.

GJI
  • i don't know but is modeling sex just askin
  • wait...... WHAT? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • for once i agree wit u bishoy...
    WHAT???
  • I think I sorta get what coptic man is asking. You know in the Bible where it says that if you've lusted for someone in your heart, then you've already committed adultery? Well, I think that's what he's asking. Yes, in some cases it is, and no, in some cases it's not. But think about it a little before deciding George, I mean, I don't want to make a big deal of something small, but what is the message that you'll be portraying? Do you think that by this modeling you'll be a stumbling block for people? I'm guessing since this is a small thing, most likely not.
    And again to answer your quest. coptic man, George won't be doing anything drastic, and hopefully won't be a stumbling block for anyone, so in George's case no, but for models who barely wear any clothes, and yes, this applies for girls and guys, of course it is, because it's very obvious that they're not promoting the clothes half as much as they're promoting their bodies.

God bless you George, and make sure you always stay level-headed. :D
  • thnx LHM
    i can alwayz count on u. ;)
    GBU heapz
  • ur welcome, GBU too :D
  • [quote author=G.J.I link=board=1;threadid=886;start=30#msg15814 date=1103584482]
    guys ur blowing this way way outta proportion, it was a small and simple thing, it didnt cause anyone any trouble, ali really wasnt hurt about it, trust me i know, his just tryin to give me a bad name on this site, which garantee u he will try and do, do atack wat ive done just see the simplicity and innocence in it, it not just reputation, it practacially provoking ppl to sin, i mean a small harmless action prevents a person from sinning, i sure if u guys thought about it ud see that in the end it was the rite thing to do.
    and lyk i said, ali doesnt care bout it, but im sure he'll reply and put on a good show for u.

i sorry u see wat i have done as wrong, but my intension wasnt to degrade or abuse ali, and by the retelling of events from both of us im sure u can see that.

GJI

Out of proportion? People are giving you advice to help you out, not degrade you..GJI is telling the truth, it is really simple and minute for me as i really don't care if people degrade me because those kind of people consequently are low in my mind..

You may have not tried to degrade me, but u've put what people think of you and your reputation ahead of a friend..is that what they called super-ego?

GJI is my friend nonetheless, thats the main reason why i'm posting here infront of his own people to realize his mistakes...otherwise i wouldn't bother. GJI all i want you is to learn from this and to change your ways, the choice is upon you.
  • I don't mean to intrude, but I think that this is sort of a personal issue and should be resolved between the two of you privately, rather than for everyone to see. Sorry, I don't mean to sound rude or anything.
  • it not personal!!!!!
    ur not being rude, ur jst miss informed, this guy isnt being serious, read my previous post, the one he quoted.
  • Oh, alright then....
  • if anyone can make this man understand on a personal basis then i will honestly jump of a cliff...miss informed is not the word to use..who are you to determine if i care or dont care?
  • Come on, break it up, whether it's personal or not, talk about it alone please. Ali, it's by your actions that he's determining if you care or not. Because if you cared, then you would at least keep enough dignity as not to embarrass your friend like you're doing now. So he did something wrong, ok, is this how you go about correcting his errors? Are you perfect that you should shame someone? Even Jesus who was perfect responded better than that....
  • hey George.. i just wanted to bring this up again bcz i wanted to appologize abt wut i said this guy is not worth it.. now i don't care if he's hurt or not.. i don't like his attitude... plz forgive me.. :-\.. u did wut was right.. i personally wudn't wanna be seen w/ him.. not just for the earings.. urrrr >:(
    plz forgive me plz plz plz
    ur gr8 :-*
  • its ok,
    dont worry bout it ;)

so i looked further into the modeling thing,
    im havin an iterveiw nxt
    we'll see wat they want.
  • probably money.... and lots of it.....
  • wait i get the money not them, i dont pay to model, they pay me.
    rite?? :o :o
  • :)

, i dont pay to model, they pay me.
    rite??

Well, it depends on your looks...lol... ;D...just kidding!
  • George,

I just wanted to tell you how much you impressed me. I wish there were more young men like you that are Orthodox and that are this passionate about keeping a clean reputation in front of there congregation. Although I honestly believe with your personality and your looks (based on the fact that you did get a modeling offer) you will not have that much of a problem getting married. ;)

You are a very humble, sweet, and great person and I know that no matter what this Ali character says about you on this forum it is a lie and that you will make the right choices about everything in life. ;D

To Ali, my assumption is that you are not Orthodox or that you aren't even Christian (I'm sorry if my assumption is wrong) but you do not need to be religious to be a good person, meaning if George is your friend then you didn't need to act like an innocent victim that has been the center of criticism from George about your earring situation. George has a point of not wanting to be seen with you because your body is supposed to be a temple of God and you have destroyed it by putting an earring in it in order to improve your look or set out a certain image to people.

The history about the earring for girls is really not related to the bible at all. It started a long time ago in Egypt when kings were killing boys so there would be less of a male population (less of a chance for the king to be thrown out of his position) therefore they used to pierce girls ears when they were like a week old. So in order to tell the difference between the girls and boys they would pierce the girl’s ears. And as time passed this theory became very well known and when girls were born they pierced their ears to tell them apart and it became the custom that people have adapted to this day. I'm not sure how accurate this story is but it is pretty interesting and it explains that girls have pierced ears because when they are small it is hard to tell the difference between them and boys so pierced Ears (not tongue, belly button, or whatever people pierce now a days) was a distinguishing factor of there sex not a fashion statement like what it means today.

So George keep up the good work mate, and keep up this wonderful attitude that you have. Oh and about the acting thing, in sha allah God has big plans for you so just pray and let the will of God be done.

In his name

Mary
  • wow, thanks sooo much mary Rabena awadik, u were trulely very helpful, and thankyou for your kind words, but im really nothing.
    and thankyou for understanding my situation, i think u understood it the most so far, so thnx alot.
    its pretty funny that ud post this now actually as my modeling interveiw is tomorrow, so thanx again.
    God bless u alot!
    GJI
    ps u woodnt hapn to be australian wood u, i noticed u used the word "mate"...lol
  • [quote author=G.J.I link=board=1;threadid=886;start=45#msg16213 date=1103894790]
    wait i get the money not them, i dont pay to model, they pay me.
    rite?? :o :o

LOL good question. sorry to disappoint u mate.....but some modelling agencies ask for an amount of money to "cover the costs" lol dont ask me what that means....cuz i have no idea :)
    And did I mention that the cheapest I have heard of so far is around £200? ;D
  • [quote author=MarMar91 link=board=1;threadid=886;start=45#msg16277 date=1103959527]
    most girl models are--nah lets not go there....

are u implying that its just the girls?? lol You really have no idea do you? :D Some guy models are far more worse than the girls..lol ;) i dont mean the clothes....but their attitude!!!!!!!!!lol :D
  • ur rite a lot of guy models have attitudes....hopefully george wont turn into one of those guys....lol :) :) :)
  • so i had the interveiw today, apparently turns out that for every job i do, eg cat walk i get $150 per hour, they get 20% of it, if im in a catalog thats lyk $4000 they get 20%...etc

so they want me to do a photo shoot, and from that have a 24 month contract and if i accept, they represent me, for no charge other than commision off my cash, and the thing is that people that want actors and models come to them, and they show pics of me, and if they like it, then i get a job if not then nothing....

so its not official yet,
    but the photo shott i gotta do, where they full put make up on me etc is $250 so i dont know if ill even bother...
  • See, I told you you'd have to pay!!! But watch, they're gonna ask for $250 now, then some more later with all these dumb excuses ::), so be careful and make sure you know what you're signing!!!
  • yay for george! :)
  • lol. Why would u wanna model anyways? once u start, they give u a bunch of rules and then they drive u crazy....at least that's what I've heard. but anyways, have fun :)
  • so iz becoming a singer or actor/actress a sin? did sum1 ask tht already?
  • i think it's a sin because unless you sing Christian music or clean stuff and act in Christ - like movies/shows, then it's pretty pretty bad....
  • [quote author=jfranklin link=board=1;threadid=886;start=45#msg16235 date=1103922779]
    :)

, i dont pay to model, they pay me.
    rite??

Well, it depends on your looks...lol... ;D...just kidding!

LOL LOL good 1 nar im jokin but dat is pretty funni :) ;) :D ;D

GBU ALL PPL i luv use :-* :) ;) :D ;D
    FROG