Free Online Orthodox Catechesis

[Posted on behalf of Father Peter Farrington]

We now have over 680 registered students from 45 different countries. Will you help us reach our new launch target of 750? Please consider encouraging one or two of your friends and family to consider taking this course with you.

The first four units of the Discovering Orthodoxy Online Catechesis are being prepared ready for the launch of the programme on the 1st January 2013. We are having to build a new website to manage your use of the Catechesis materials, and we hope that you will find it easy to use.

We would like to announce a short introductory video which has just been published. It contains a description of the project by Father Peter Farrington, and a reflection on the value and importance of catechesis by His Eminence Metropolitan Seraphim. You can view the video at:

The development of this extensive range of learning materials does require support. First of all we need your regular prayers for all of those involved in producing these materials, and also for those who will be using them.

But we do also need regular sponsorship to give us the resources to develop this project in a professional manner. If you are willing and able to make a small regular monthly donation, or even a one off donation, then your support will be gratefully received and greatly appreciated.

This link will take you to a page where you can make either a one off donation, or subscribe to provide a regular small monthly donation.

http://www.lsocs.co.uk/orthodox_catechesis.php

May God bless your participation in this course

Father Peter Farrington
Director of Studies
London School of Orthodox Christian Studies

Comments

• i have heard it's a great course
    :)
    i am behind with my studies with the course i am doing, but i hope i can do one of these courses soon after i finish.
    happy Christmas to all on the new calendar!
    :)
  • [Posted on behalf of Father Peter Farrington]

DISCOVERING ORTHODOXY ONLINE CATECHESIS LAUNCHES

The Discovering Orthodoxy online catechesis has now launched and we invite you to visit the course website at http://www.discoveringorthodoxy.org/

You will see that we have made the first two units available to any visitors to the site, but we will be implementing our user account system over the course of this week and only registered students will be able to access future units. This is to allow us to provide proper support to those engaged in catechesis with us. You will receive your account details before the next unit is published.

We have several other units already in production. The next unit to be published will be Beginning with Church History which will be presented by H.E. Metropolitan Seraphim. Father Peter Farrington is producing a unit looking at the evidence for our faith in God.

We now have over 800 registered students from around the world. This is truly a global and pan-Orthodox and ecumenical project. Our long term target throughout 2013 is to produce 50 interesting units of study, and to have registered 2000 students.

Each of the units will contain a short written introduction which will include some important references from the Fathers of the Church relevant to the topic. The main content will be a video/audio presentation by one of the course contributors. Followed by a short Bible study on the topic. There will be a few simple questions just to allow us to make sure that the learning material is working and you have understood the topic.

We have over 200 topics for which we plan to produce material, and this phase of the project will take several years to complete. We hope to produce a serious and useful library of resources that remain helpful to Orthodox Christians and those interested in the Orthodox Faith.

The development of this extensive range of learning materials does require support. First of all we need your regular prayers for all of those involved in producing these materials, and also for those who will be using them.

But we do also need regular sponsorship to give us the resources to develop this project in a professional manner. If you are willing and able to make a small regular monthly donation, or even a one off donation, then your support will be gratefully received and greatly appreciated.

This link will take you to a page where you can make either a one off donation, or subscribe to provide a regular small monthly donation.

http://www.lsocs.co.uk/orthodox_catechesis.php

May God bless your participation in this course

Father Peter Farrington
    Director of Studies
    London School of Orthodox Christian Studies
  • I have to say Fr Peter, it was definitely the right decision for you to leave this site in order to work on this fantastic site!

(As much as his leaving has negatively affected all most of us ;))