Need an Epic Bible Verse

edited August 2010 in Random Issues
I need a Bible verse that I can put on my desktop wallpaper and it has to be really epic, lol

Comments

• Wait on the LORD;
            Be of good courage,
            And He shall strengthen your heart;
            Wait, I say, on the LORD!

Psalm 27:14
  • Here are some cool bible verses! I really like the last one :D

But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.(Ies 40:31)

I have chosen thee, and not cast thee away. Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness. (Ies 41:9-10)

Since you were precious in My sight, You have been honored, And I have loved you. (Ies 43:4)

Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee. (Jer 1:5)

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope hope and a future. (Jer 29:11)

I have loved thee with an everlasting love (Jer 31:3)

is there any taste in the white of an egg? (Job 6:6)
  • The shortest verse and the most profound:  "Jesus wept"
  • Isaiah 41: 12-13

"You shall seek them and not find them—
          Those who contended with you.
          Those who war against you
          Shall be as nothing,
          As a nonexistent thing.

For I, the LORD your God, will hold your right hand,
          Saying to you, ‘Fear not, I will help you.’ "
  • Woah, now that's what I call epic, thanks AikotiEnsok! And thanks to everyone who posted!
  • [quote author=servant33 link=topic=9584.msg118422#msg118422 date=1282241636]
    Woah, now that's what I call epic, thanks AikotiEnsok! And thanks to everyone who posted!

No problem!! Those are my favorite verse(s)! :D

Pray for me,

Chris
  • One of my favorites is this one: It made me realise the fact that the NT has the highest morality:

Luke 6:33 (KJV)
    And if ye do good to them which do good to you, what thank have ye? for sinners also do even the same.
  • "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind'' (2Timothy 1:7).
  • I know this topic has ended over months ago but this verse is my favorite.

Do not rejoice over me, my enemy;
          When I fall, I will arise;
          When I sit in darkness,
          The LORD will be a light to me.
    -Micah 7:8
  • Judge not lest ye be judged... i like it... sounds cool... and i also like the one about not judging your brother for a small speck in his eye when u have a log in yours... yehh.. cya
  • I love the verse from my signature:
    James 4:7-8 (NKJV)
    Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. Draw near to God and He will draw near to you.
  • This is one of mine
    Corinthians 13:11 When I was a child, I spoke like a child, thought like a child, and reasoned like a child. But when I grew up, I put away childish things. :)
  • Welcome to the site AnnaBethHastings! Its great to have you here  :).