Howdy, Stranger!
It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
Categories
- All Categories 13.8K
- General Category 10.9K
- General Announcements 184
- Faith Issues 3.4K
- Coptic Orthodox Church 2.5K
- Personal Issues 1.4K
- Prayer Requests 426
- Random Issues 1.8K
- Introductions 295
- Non-Orthodox Inquiries 232
- Youth Corner 606
- Hymns 2.6K
- Hymns Discussion 2.6K
- Technicial Difficulties 368
- Technical Topics 368
Is this a sin
Pretending to be an atheist? I'm on this forum where one of the topics is all the Christians and Atheists switch places and ask/answer questions to each other.


Comments
If I'm not wrong by pretending being atheist you deny your faith and even Christ for this very little moment. Why would anyone do so?
Matthew 10:33 -> But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.
The same goes for acting; if u have to act like an atheist in a movie or series or whatever while you're a Christian, are you sinning? I think this is comparable, and I think the question to to the hypothetical situation is "no".
Hey Sodr2,
If I'm not wrong by pretending being atheist you deny your faith and even Christ for this very little moment. Why would anyone do so?
Matthew 10:33 -> But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.
it doesnt go that extreme... its just discussions like the problem of evil, burden of proof, morality things like that
so essentially your being a devil's advocate???
thats what the thread is called lol
When it comes to philosophy and religion, this doesn't work.
I wouldn't be surprised if some phD social psychologist is behind all this.
Be careful with this stuff.
Pretending to be an atheist? I'm on this forum where one of the topics is all the Christians and Atheists switch places and ask/answer questions to each other.
you are doing critical thinking and looking at both sides of the arguements
It is well known in social psychology that you can persuade yourself to believe in what you argue (a concept of behavior creating attitude).
When it comes to philosophy and religion, this doesn't work.
I wouldn't be surprised if some phD social psychologist is behind all this.
Be careful with this stuff.
Yes that's true, but sodr2 as long as you know what you (our religion) believes you should be fine. But yes, do be careful.
Can't you tell both views? It's sort of hard to portray a different belief (accurately)...
Aethists can't tell the Christian side of things without finding out about our beliefs... but there is no
church of aethists. So, really, you're at a disadvantage-- you have no reliable source to look up!
As such, you can't portray "no" belief. A contrast would be better?