RELIGION AND THE ELECTION

Comments

• Did you happen to catch the phrase were John Kerry said God made homosexuals"the way they were"?Wow!We now know where the country's headed if he's elected!
  • Yea, when I heard that I just about threw a fit because it's been a proven thing that homosexuality is a learned habit, you're NOT born that way. There's no such thing. So much for his being a Catholic. He needs to brush up on his facts on homosexuailty.

sleepy
  • i know i can't vote, but if i could i definately would not vote 4 Bush. Kerry would probably help our country, but Kerry and Edwards have different views on homosexuality. :P
  • Why do you feel that way? Bush has actually done something while Kerry seems to be all talk. I won't get into the details here, but apparently we need to do some talking, you and I.

sleepy
  • [quote author=jfranklin link=board=1;threadid=666;start=45#msg12942 date=1097784208]

well no one like him

Dear Sherry,

Someone in Australia must have liked him!He won the election did'nt he!... Lol.... I'm just kidding you!

lol he won coz the ppl voted for him were wise choosers and no the way hed reat to things...but other than that theres soooooo much jokes about him in news papers and magz!
    lol
  • lol he won coz the ppl voted for him were wise choosers and no the way hed reat to things...but other than that theres soooooo much jokes about him in news papers and magz!

Yea,I heard the press over there gave him a really hard time,especially since he supported Bush and the war in Iraq.It's good to know we have have at least one friend in that part of the world...lol...Seriously,how to people view America and Mr. Bush over in Australia?
  • [quote author=sleepymusician link=board=1;threadid=666;start=60#msg12948 date=1097786834]
    Yea, when I heard that I just about threw a fit because it's been a proven thing that homosexuality is a learned habit, you're NOT born that way. There's no such thing. So much for his being a Catholic. He needs to brush up on his facts on homosexuailty.

sleepy

actually, my pyschology teacher is insiting and saying that it is genetic. i refuse to believe
  • There's no such thing as it being genetic, and even if it is, sexuality in general is controlled by hormons, if ur body has too much of a specific hormon (cant remember which one) u can feel attracted to the same sex, and this could be solved by taking other hormons.
  • [quote author=Hos Erof link=board=1;threadid=666;start=60#msg12994 date=1097962149]
    if ur body has too much of a specific hormon (cant remember which one) u can feel attracted to the same sex, and this could be solved by taking other hormons.

thats so kewl, i didnt know that...but i have a question....u said that could be solved by taking other hormones.....ummm taking them where?? ??? like get rid of them?....i'm confooosed :-\

GOD BLESS ALL! :-*
  • thats so kewl, i didnt know that...but i have a question....u said that could be solved by taking other hormones.....ummm taking them where?? like get rid of them?....i'm confooosed

What he means is that a person can take medication to change the hormonal imbalance.Supposedly science says that we all have both male and female hormones in our body.Some males{females vice versa:ie. male hormones}can have too much of the female hormones and thus show effeminate characteristics that can be altered and changed by taking male hormone injections.

Even if a male{God forbid}was attracted to another male,God can change that person,set them free fom homosexuality, heal their mind and chemically imbalanced body;so really their is no excuse for a man to continue in sexual perversion.
  • ooo, lolx thank you for clearing that up...forgive my slowness every1 :-[

GOD BLESS ALL! :-*
  • but u noe whats sad is that Kerry being for homosexuals could help him win...... :-\ :-\
  • jfranklin, thnx for clearing up my own post lol :D
  • Hey guys,
    Here in Canada all the Churches were praying for Steven Harper who was against homosexuality and abortion but apparently he lost. However, God must have a plan for Canada and for Steven Harper and maybe even for Paul Martins. I don't know how pressured you guys feel since you have 2 choices : 1. BAD 2. WORSE, I feel sorry for you guys and I hope someday America will be ruled by a leader that follows Christ and that would lead the Country to progress Spiritually.....

God Bless.

Mike
  • but just what u said for Canada God must have a plan for us 2....who noes one of these two men might be the best leader America has ever had...will hopefully because if not...i cant even imagine what would happen...all we could do is pray.. :) :)
  • It is funny that one of them is a moral relativist and the other a moral corrupted person. If I was an american I would take my ballet and tear it in half. Well your prayers are needed so that God would, by His Will, appoint the best. And as you said, all we can do is PRAY!

God bless.

Mike
  • I don't know how pressured you guys feel since you have 2 choices : 1. BAD 2. WORSE, I feel sorry for you guys and I hope someday America will be ruled by a leader that follows Christ and that would lead the Country to progress Spiritually.....

We have two choices:

1.A christian who stands up for biblical concepts,no matter what the cost to his own personal reputation,whether it's popular or not.I ask anyone on this forum to name one world leader who has stood up for what is right,and defended the teachings of the Bible{anti- abortion,homosexuality,etc}more than George Bush.I would like to know how many world leaders have publicly acknowledged Jesus Christ as their Lord,have daily bible study and prayer,attend church regularly.How many would stake their personal reputation by doing what they believed was the right thing,ie the war in Iraq.George Bush was one of the most popular presidents in U.S history after 9-11{he had a 80% approval rating according to the polls}.If he desired to be popular{like most politicians]he certainly would'nt have invaded Iraq.Saddam would still be in power ,killing and torturing people; putting them in prison.His sons would still be killing,picking up woman at random and raping them.That's what they enjoyed!And not a soul on the planet did anything to stop it!Not the pathetic and weak United Nations,not one world leader,no only George Bush.If a christian sees someone,especialy a person that is weak and defenceless,being abused or killed;he will do all in his power to help the afflicted one.And so it was that Mr. Bush sought to help and liberate a poor and afflicted people that were in bondage to one of the worst tyrants of this century.Despite all the false world propaganda,he did the right thing!This war is as just and righteous as any found in the Old Testament!War is brutal and the innocent always suffer{it has always been this way since the beginning of time}but there comes a time when men must stand up and confront evil,crush its power and defeat it utterly,no matter what the cost.If not the evil will continue to perpetuate and even grow stronger.If Mr. Bush had not displayed the courage to act, many people would have continued being mudered and raped in the most gruesome manner imaginable{acid baths were a favorite of Saddams for example].The fact that people are still being killed in Iraq today is not Bush's fault but rather is the work of evil men who hate Jesus Christ,who hate peace and freedom.If they ceased to exist there would surely be peace and the promise of future prosperity for the people of Iraq.Dont listen to all the false propaganda that is being put forth around the world.The truth is that even before 9-11 much of the world community hated George Bush because they knew he was a committed christian{ so different from Bill Clinton]and that he would'nt go along with the current worlview,a view that is indeed very popular,but yet very anti-christian.They made fun of him and called him the "cowboy".What a bunch of garbage!

2.A man who supports abortion{murder}homosexuality,and many other concepts that are unbiblical.He will help and support liberal judges take christianity out of every part of society{the 10 commandments,pledge of allegience"under God";etc}.He's one of the most liberal men in America and just because he promises to fix every problem in America{everthing will be perfect during his term}and because he claims to have faith{though he denies it by his actions}he has a 20+years record that proves otherwise.

To sum it all up I just want to say one last thing:God knows President Bush's heart{we dont;we may think we do,but we really dont}and we should all be careful about judging a man based on rumours and propaganda{remember how the world said America and Bush invaded Iraq for it's oil;I sure dont see all that oil money pouring into the coffers of the U.S treasury, lol}.If he has to be judged by men then let it be based on his deeds and actions.I think his deeds are good and in accord with Gods will!
  • You know, you might be right on this one, then again don't you think it was just for the oil??

Mike
  • You know, you might be right on this one, then again don't you think it was just for the oil??

Not really!...lol...
  • jfranklin, thnx for clearing up my own post lol

I hope it did'nt come across as being rude!...lol...
  • As a Copt living in Canada I see everything from the outside, and what i can see is that Bush is totally creaked. He did not justify going to Iraq and killing thousands of people, while the War in Afghanistan, the one that was justified he paid little attention to. I hope for the sake of the rest of the World Kerry wins, more because i disagree with Bush than i agree with Kerry.
  • As a Copt living in Canada I see everything from the outside, and what i can see is that Bush is totally creaked. He did not justify going to Iraq and killing thousands of people,

With respect,I comepletely disagree with you.Bush was totally justified in going to war,a war who's main purpose was to liberate an oppressed and downtrodden people.Thousands of people were already dying{Saddam killed 1.2 million people according to the New York Times} and the world was doing nothing about it.Bush,just like the kings and great leaders of old,did something to stop the evil.If there were more men like him there would be less injustice in the world today.The news media in Canada is extremely liberal and anti-American,they are constantly portaying George Bush in a bad light{just like much of the world press}.When I watch the canadian news{on the international news channel}I am constantly amazed at the outright lies and falsehoods that are being perpretrated by the the news media.I turn to the Mexican news and I hear the same anti-American garbage coming forth.I've come to the conclusion that the world does'nt hate George Bush as much as they just really hate America in general.Their really just jealous that America is so powerful,militarily and economically,and that it does'nt have to take orders from the rest of the world.In Europe they despise Bush and the American people because we{the vast majority}believe in Jesus Christ the Lord God,while many in Europe have rejected christianity and despise those who profess faith in the living God!

I really like Canada,and the canadadian people in general,but I'm greatly disappointed in Canada for not standing with the United States in the war.A war to liberate the Iraqi people and remove the evil Saddam Hussien from power.It took the side of evil instead of fighting for freedom!Thanks to God for our true friends,Poland,Great Britain,Australia and all the members of the coalition that stood with us.When all is said and done,history will judge the American people and George Bush as great liberators,a people who gave more aid to the needy and poor,who did more good for the sake of the kingdom of God than perhaps any nation on the face of the Earth.Unlike Rome and many of the great kingdoms of the past the United States of America has never sought to conquer vast territories and peoples,in a vain pursuit to aquire great wealth and power,but rather America has stood with the opressed and persecuted,liberating and aiding those in need.The blood of American soldiers has been spilled on nearly every continent in the neverending fight for freedom and we've never really asked for anything,just enough land to bury our brave dead warriors.
  • With all due respect to all the Americans on this site, but let me ask u a question: Why for instance are there still people dying of hunger everyday in Africa. Why haven't the people in Northern Korea been liberated. Why do they wait so long to help the people who are getting slaughtered in Sudan. It seems that the US have been really busy with Iraq, becaus there's a great economic benefit over there: OIL, in other words, big $. I may be totally wrong, but the message we get in Europe in general, is that the US only interfere in wars and such, when there's a big advantage to them afterwards. I'm curious about ur opinion JFranklin (and others)
  • With all due respect to all the Americans on this site, but let me ask u a question: Why for instance are there still people dying of hunger everyday in Africa. Why haven't the people in Northern Korea been liberated. Why do they wait so long to help the people who are getting slaughtered in Sudan. It seems that the US have been really busy with Iraq, becaus there's a great economic benefit over there: OIL, in other words, big $. I may be totally wrong, but the message we get in Europe in general, is that the US only interfere in wars and such, when there's a big advantage to them afterwards.

Thank you for your questions Hos Erof!It is a sad{tragic}fact that there are people all over the world that are starving to death,especially in Africa.The truth is America has given a huge amount of aid{in the billions of dollars}
    to many African nations in the past and present day.Canada and many other nations have done tremendous work as well in helping relieve the suffering of the poor but as Jesus said,"The poor will always be with you".It's a sad reality of life.Another fact that needs to be taken into consideration is that many African governments are extremely corrupt and sometimes withhold aid from their own people or sometimes, because of greed, sell the food and medical supplies to fill their own pockets.Thats happened countless times in the past and continues to this day.But America has always lead the way{in amount and quality}in providing all forms of life saving aid.I think the world community would be quite surprised at the amount of aid given to the poor of the world.No other country even comes close!

In Korea,54,246 American men and woman lost their lives to protect the freedom of South Korea.If it wasnt for the United States there would be no South Korea today; one of the most prosperous nations in Asia.The communist chinese would have have overrun the entire korean peninsula and killed millions of innocent peoplebut because of the outstanding bravery of American troops at places like the Chosin resoiver{where they were outnumbered more than 10-1,starving and freezing in below 0 temperture weather},against all odds they held back the enemy onslaught.What braverey!They dont make men like that anymore!The young people of Korea{as has much of the rest of the world}has forgotten the heroic sacrifice of these brave men and women but if you ask the older generation,those who remember and lived through this horrific conflict,they will tell you with tears in their eyes,how thankful they are to America and her people!I have seen this!What did America get out of this conflict,money,wealth.No!Just enough land to bury our our dead!When you ask about why America has'nt liberated North Korea yet ,never forget the price that was paid to liberate the other half.

The United States has been working for the past 4 years to forge a ceasefire between the Sudanese Christians and the Northern Muslim Sudanese.They actually had one but the muslims{like usual}broke the agreement and continued their attacks.The world community as usual did little{there too busy critizing the U.S.}to help solve the situation!I just saw the other night on the news plane loads of food being dropped into the Sudan,who sent it ,why of course the evil and selfish Americans...lol

The fact that any European{not you personally...lol} would slander the USA ,claiming that America only gets involved in wars for profit and greed is quite offensive to many Americans considering the fact that it was the U.S who bailed Europe out in World War 1 and most particularly saved Europe during world war 2 fom total domination by Nazi Germany.Countless Americans lost their lives on foreign soil so that freedom,not freedom for America,but freedom for Eroupe could be achieved and evil extinguished from the land!It was the United States{the Marshell Plan}who sent billions of dollars to rebuild europe which was in ruins and economiclly bankrupt.If it was;nt for the USA there woulnt even be a free and prosperous Europe today!What advantage did America gain in all this,just enough land to bury our dead.The many cementaries along the coast of France bear witness before the great God and man,what America has paid for the price of freedom!
  • I will be a bistander on this issue since I think that Bush and Kerry are bad and I also think Bush is murdered for what he did in Iraq yet Kerry has no morals at all ....

I just pray God will pick the best for His people...

God Bless.

Mike
  • So why doesn't America do something about Northern Korea, they are way more dangerous than Saddam caus there's good evidence that they have nuclear weapons and such...

as for the world wars, the states did a good job in WO I and II, but they only interfered at the moment they were ATTACKED (pearl harbor and the attacking of the ship in WO I), so they didnt do anything untill they were threatened.

The Marshal help was sent becaus by helpin europe, the economy of europe would be restored and they would have a great market out there on the other side of the ocean.

As for Sudan, if the muslims violated the agreement they had, then why didnt they send troops, just a couple of thousands would have done the job, there's hundreds of thousands in Iraq and Afghanistan.

And how come the US have so much poverty in its own country and a lot of poor people in the south haven't got enough money to study, so they are forced to join the army to get a scholarship. Why doesnt Bush solve the problems in his own country first???

Maybe there's a good explanation to this all, and i'm sorry if i offeneded anyone, yep, history lessons and dutch tv may have misinformed me lol

and jfranklin, thnx for ur response and explanation ;)
  • also think Bush is murdered for what he did in Iraq

Mike,what did the world do to stop the 1.2 million people murdered in Iraq by Saddam?Just pass resolutions at the United Nations; resolutions that didnt help anyone and that Saddam laughed at because he knew the world wouldnt do anything.France and other countries were to busy stealing money from the "oil for food program",a program that was intended to benefit the poor Iraqi people,but instead ended up in the pockets of corrupt european government officials.After the US election the world is going to hear alot more about this scandel since there not giving it much coverage now.Many UN officials,even at the highest levels were involved.You dislike Bush and call him a murderer because he was the only man who had the courage to help the Iraqi people?I just dont get it!Why dislike Bush,THE MAN TRYING TO FREE AN OPRESSED PEOPLE!It seems many people think Saddam the murderer is the good guy while Bush the liberator is the evil man.How can the world be so messed up!It's just a sign of the times I guess.Dont people understand that all wars have casualities,that it takes sacrifices to win freedom;even the suffering of the innocent?War is brutal!People die!It's always been this way since the beginning of time;it didnt originate with George Bush.To save lives,lives always have to be lost.Our Lord and Savior taught us this when he sacrificed His precious life that we might have spiritual freedom and to take away the sins of the world!Life in all phases demands sacrifice.True freedom,whether spiritual or temporal,is never cheap,it always demands a high price be paid.
    God bless you brother Mike!
  • Jfranklin, no offence but give me a break, I mean what kind of man in our age goes to attack a country and waste all his money to "free people from oppression". I don't know about you but I think Iraq was pretty fine without the Americans interfering, and what is the explanation for US companies controlling the oil after the war?

I didn't want to sound offensive so if I did, please forgive me...

God Bless!

Mike
  • thats kinda my point as well, The States never do anything unless there's something in it for them, thats just the way it is, Mike, we understand eachother ;)
  • Awesome Hos Erof!

Jfranklin, in order for me to understand what you stand for you have to explain why.... Kerry is morally corrupted but so is Bush, they both show weak morals, yet we or you have to choose the best....

Mike