T.V. and the Devil....????

13»

Comments

• omg....I CANT WRITE...AM SO STUPID ;D ;D ;D
  • Wow, if you wanted to talk to yourself, all you have to do is sit there and talk, must you type it too?
    lol

sleepy
  • sorry but sylvia was making fun of me so i tired to correct myself....and ur such a meany...lol...jk....am sick so leave me alone...lol...jk...by the way i think i now who u r...u go to bergen??? ;D ;D ;D ;D ;Dcuz only one person would talk to me lyk that....but i love her anyway.... ;D ;D ;D
  • lol
    You may or may not know me, but this should be left to the private convo so no one kills us for this.

sleepy
  • lol...k... ;D ;D
  • so back to tv and the devil...i noe that i asked this in my other post...but wat do u guys think of Joan of Arcadia...its about his girl who gets messages from God...its lyk the story of Joan of Arc without France and war and its in the 21st century....
  • [quote author=Magnoona4lyf link=topic=661.msg12285#msg12285 date=1096343601]
    You're right it wont bring u further from God but its not bringing u any closer...wouldnt u rather use ur time wisely than waste it on ppl who eat things that are not meant to be digested? :-\

GOD BLESS ALL! :-*

Magnoona4lyf, why wouldn't tv bring you closer to god? there are lots of christian channels out there...
  • i agree with Magnoona4lyf....time is too precious to waste it on TV...spending it with family and friends is way more constructive.....the only Tv i watch is football....
    TV its sooo addictive...once you watch one show then another show then another show....then check your watch and time has flown like you wudnt belive........christian channels are good but time spent with family is priceless
    btw im interested to hear what people think about arubaiscrazy's comment.............
    [quote author=arubaiscrazy link=topic=661.msg12855#msg12855 date=1097635974]
    so back to tv and the devil...i noe that i asked this in my other post...but wat do u guys think of Joan of Arcadia...its about his girl who gets messages from God...its lyk the story of Joan of Arc without France and war and its in the 21st century....
  • Sat7 bring some interesting documentaries, but not all is good. Its best to spend quiete time with the Bible alone, or go out with some friends.

Its not good to be alone, and if u are watching TV, u are still alone.

• They say the devil finds work for idle hands; judging by some of the things on TV, there must have been a lot of very idle hands, since much work has been found for them.

Mind you, I have a sense, from watching my own children, that they watch less TV and spend more time on line with MSN or on My Space.

In Christ,

John
  • what i know is that the devil uses media to try to effect us, like Music, TV ( depends ), and all media lol... in music the devil gives us tunes or beats that we might like and then we go along with it and this gets you away with the meditation with God. and soryr for changing the subject a lil bit, but for TV, in most movies and shows now a days there are some kind of kissing and everything, and then you get used to it, and whenever you see it, its normal to you. And in the back around 1980s or 1990s when you see kissing in movies or anything, everyone would be surprised and make a big deal out of it,
    this is a tool the devil uses to make us get closer to evil even though we may not know it, and there is a big difference from now and the past...
    And to sum it up, it depends on what your watching lol  :)
  • ur a classic *He WePt*lol.....ur right though sumtimes tv isnt always a positive influence but i guess for some children who dont have that positive role model in their lives tv is the next best thing after schooling......tv has become a norm in society....if u tell someone you dont have a tv they think ur a freak !@#$%? and its like well wat do u do in ur spare time then?/?............even childrens shows are becoming corrupt........i was a neighbours n home n away fanatic but i grew out of it........looking bak it was the same issue ova n ova again.......from tv n music u also get this repititive swearing and degrading of women.....sry  but im a very anti-tv person...eventhough msn is an addiction....u control it....u choose who to talk to people n wat u discuss.....tv shows r unpredictable......one minute ppl n chattin tha next their on tha bed....Kids dun need to see that.......WILL SUMBODY THINK OF THA CHILDREN !!! lol also ppl r tainted with certain images....that arent also appropriate....words r destructive but images r too if not more sooo........last point i promise n ill shussh up...im a footy fan, but the number of alcohol ads in the breaks is unbeleivable...n ppl wonder y there's an alcohol prob???

God bless n take care
  • Dear Kerestina,

You make some excellent points.

T.V. is a passive medium which requires nothing from the viewer other than that they sit there and watch; there are better ways of relaxing.

It also filters into every house the viewpoint of the T.V. company; even if that is that all that matters is accumulating a whole lot of material goods, that is hardly a Christian message. Quite often it is a message that includes the objectification of women, the normalisation of homosexuality and the acceptance of easy divorce and abortion; all of which the Church has different views on.

It might be hard to see TV as the work of the Devil; but it seldom does God's work.

In Christ,

John

• Dear Kerestina,
        I agree with Anglian that you made good points. And I myself dont really watch Tv that much. One major reason is that its boring lol. And if you think about it, you cant think of 5 or 10 movies in your head right now that are clean ( not counting the Sponge-Bob Squarepants Movie )
    lol. and your right, they do have alcohol commercials like crazy. And the people who work in companies dont care what their commercials or movies or shows are about, they just want the money.
  • [quote author=Anglian link=topic=661.msg72490#msg72490 date=1181752849]
    It might be hard to see TV as the work of the Devil; but it seldom does God's work.

this answers the question nicely :)

i find it quite encouraging hearing a young person say TV is boring ;)
  • well if ur life is like all about the t.v. then that is a sin.
  • wtcing t.v. is no a sin but getting addicted to T.V. is a sin
  • hello, actually if u think about it, it may bring u away from the Lord.  i meen u may satrt picking upp bad language experience difficult emotions.  and maybe feel left out of the experences most teens experence in reality.  also sometimes the shows arent bad but they take time out of ur spiritual life!!

/
    mahraeel
    plzz p4m sISTER IN CHRIST
  • Watching TV is an essentially passive experience, and the amount of stuff on it that is unChristian (not to mention anti-Christian) makes it undesirable that one should watch too much of it.

Like many things in this world, a little of it can be useful, but an excess of it deadly.

In Christ,

Anglian