Howdy, Stranger!
It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
Categories
- All Categories 13.8K
- General Category 10.9K
- General Announcements 184
- Faith Issues 3.4K
- Coptic Orthodox Church 2.5K
- Personal Issues 1.4K
- Prayer Requests 426
- Random Issues 1.8K
- Introductions 295
- Non-Orthodox Inquiries 232
- Youth Corner 606
- Hymns 2.6K
- Hymns Discussion 2.6K
- Technicial Difficulties 368
- Technical Topics 368
Sports
What I think we can do is pick a sport and say is it negative or positive against our christianity, I'll start
[glow=red,2,300]Cheerleading[/glow]
I think that's negative because, I think it's horrible girls and showing there body to people!
[glow=red,2,300]Cheerleading[/glow]
I think that's negative because, I think it's horrible girls and showing there body to people!

Comments
Get what i am tryin to say?
so u see, u gotta put God first in ur life...
Hey MarMar91,
You are absolutely right that you have to put God first in ur life. But God also put u in a position to possibly help ur teammates out. Speak up in practice and tell them that its a church league and that cursing shouldn't be allowed. I'm a coach for one of the churches in the high school boys league in the east coast and when someone curses in practice they have to leave, if someone curses in a game they sit the bench. So don't quit, be a light to the world, start by changing ur team.....speak up in practice or tell ur coaches that cursing should be punished. As for music, say something along the lines of, lets play something (alhan, tasbeha, or music with no cursing) that will keep God in our hearts before and during the games. Trust me, it doesnt seem powerful but it will make a difference.
Good luck
[glow=red,2,300]Cheerleading[/glow]
AHAHAH, American Sport....lol.
i guess try having team meetings, talk to your coaches, and abouna. Even if they stop listening to music with curses in the car ride thats progress. but u never know, u could have a lasting impact on them if you keep trying.
Hope everything works out......and don't make this something that would make you quit playing basketball for your church.
I can do all things through christ who strengthens me.
i know what ur thinking easier said than done, but u have to stand up and show them what u are made of!!!!!!!!! lol
GBU and pray 4 me!
laura
when I was in the 7th grade a girl was bullying me, well, she was swearing at me and such, she didn't hurt me though, well, she would swear at me and talk about me and gossip, and such so one day she came up to me and said we need to talk and I had a class right then, so I told her not now I need to go to class, bye bye, I stood up to her so she didn't come close to me for the rest of the season! see MarMar stand up to them, who cares if there a different gender just stand up to them, God be with you!
I think basketball can go positively and negitively
well ive got 2 say basket ball is a great sport but when u say ur points about the negitive side isnt about basketball it has nothing 2 do with the sport same with soccer same with all other sports ne1 can hav a disagreement with some1 else but it neva has nothing 2 do with the soprt
for \football both ways... no halftime show its ok and all halftime shows arent always good like 2 years ago on the superbowl was so horrible