Howdy, Stranger!
It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
Categories
- All Categories 13.8K
- General Category 10.9K
- General Announcements 184
- Faith Issues 3.4K
- Coptic Orthodox Church 2.5K
- Personal Issues 1.4K
- Prayer Requests 426
- Random Issues 1.8K
- Introductions 295
- Non-Orthodox Inquiries 232
- Youth Corner 606
- Hymns 2.6K
- Hymns Discussion 2.6K
- Technicial Difficulties 368
- Technical Topics 368
Youtube vid
Hi guys i just made a new youtube vid (more to come) tell me what you think and how do u like the tarneema and the icons. Ill post the other vids when they finesh uploading i should have all by 2moro god will.

Comments
that is my 1st vid
my second
subscribe to me!!
Firstly, can you send or PM me the coptic for each hymn?
How did you get the coptic words? Did you make them yourself? You must be sick in coptic!!!
Secondly, I really love it.
Thirdly, I would just wish that you could make coptic and english or just coptic.
That would be soooooooooooooooooooooooo kool.
I really love the pix.
God bless your efforts, Pray for me 2 ;)
Cyril
If it is me and I don;t know it yet, I love it! ;) :P
That is sooooooo cool.
Firstly, can you send or PM me the coptic for each hymn?
How did you get the coptic words? Did you make them yourself? You must be sick in coptic!!!
Secondly, I really love it.
Thirdly, I would just wish that you could make coptic and english or just coptic.
That would be soooooooooooooooooooooooo kool.
I really love the pix.
God bless your efforts, Pray for me 2 ;)
Cyril
Cyrl, I did not record this I got it off a cd, and i put together the pictures and did some editing. The name of the cd is naghamat kepteya. and i will try to find the lyrics in coptic.
Only kidding Ophadece :D
You're the one who drew my attention to this... hehe. I've heard other things for deacon Boulous Malak before, and of course the usage of Greco-Bohairic puts me off completely. I don't know the man personally but his Coptic is of course very good, however there are many Greek-derived words rather than genuine Coptic ones that are by the way simple, which I don't like, but I'm aware of many people doing that due to the ambivalence of using the correct Coptic and how this by all means is associated with the correct dialect.
As for the songs themselves, I don't know. Very very commendable effort but I don't know why Coptic in musically modern songs doesn't sit right with my ear... hehe... if that or similar activities is going to attract people to the language then can we have more?
Oujai
Oujai
Hi guys i just made a new youtube vid (more to come) tell me what you think and how do u like the tarneema and the icons. Ill post the other vids when they finesh uploading i should have all by 2moro god will.
Beautifull! I love it!
Which programm did u use?
Rabina yebarkek
gb
Beautifull! I love it!
Which programm did u use?
Rabina yebarkek
gb
I used windows live movie maker. And thank you! :)
[quote author=+marmar+ link=topic=10523.msg127907#msg127907 date=1295812721]
Beautifull! I love it!
Which programm did u use?
Rabina yebarkek
gb
I used windows live movie maker. And thank you! :)
Thank you! :D
And we all try to make the effort (even Fr Peter ;D) to use them in our posts as much as we can.
Maybe Ophadece's dream might come true and we'll all be fluent with each other one day ;)
I have to say I'm privileged that you put forward that suggestion. Not sure I'm that fluent though in Coptic language as a daily usage one. I guess ebshois nai nan and remenkimi, are more suited to that. I'm only good at analyzing liturgical Coptic material, and bickering, so I'll make sure I'll give him a hard time whoever will start... hehe...
NO but seriously I think that's a very good idea for us all to learn from each other but first there is a must: the Coptic editing button to be back on the forum options.
Oujai
You're welcome for nominating you lol.
PS I was thinking the new feature would look good under the Google Translate option on the right of the screen.
We can all restore the language that has been robed from us about 1.5 centuries ago.
I WISH that we can all become fluent in coptic as a language to speak and not just write.
Thanks George for trying to find the lyrics for me.
God bless this idea, and you guys, Pray for me,
Cyril
The nose...knows.
What a twist, bellydancing music with nasal singing. The ultimate attack on my auditory sense.
Though while we are on the subject of Youtube videos, there seem to be a number that teach basic words:
Here's one
And another
And still another
You get the point
I would love to see a "Coptic Word of the Day" feature here (for those of us who aren't good with phone technology, and to be able to see it in Coptic script), and of course the Coptic button put back. Now that I have the fonts installed I'm itching to write in Coptic, even if it is just "Nane atoowi". :)
Oujai
If the readings for each day are roughly around 7,843 characters (I used today's readings) and my phone counts every 160 characters in one text, then I will be getting around 49 texts everyday.. not including "Word of the Day", which is primarily what I want. (Not to mention that I already have a hard time catching up texts and responding)
I'm sorry, but I fail to see the purpose in this. The readings for the day are available on almost every Coptic Church website, and I also get them in emails everyday from Mark Sadek, which I'm sure 80% of the world is subscribed to. No offense to SuperMan(BAM)'s idea, but I don't see how the texts are "more" convenient.
I'm still up for the "Coptic Word/Phrase of the Day" under the Google Translate box on the right side of the screen.
I'll PM Mikesl.
Thanks for your suggestion GODlovesme, maybe someone else will find it useful (perhaps someone with an iphone) ;)
I am sure the text messages are of great use to a number of people (as they are for you), but I do not think they will benefit me. I already have a hard time answering my calls and replying to texts. My parents have resorted to sending me emails whenever they want to get a hold of me. Now that I think of it, I have no idea where my phone is... typical.
I have nothing against the service; it's just not convenient for me.
I feel for you.
yay! another video that makes no sense to me full of non-Orthodox icons.
What do you mean it makes no sense to you?? they are coptic taraneim/songs that are in the church song books. There is nothing wrong with them and anyways most of the pics are coptic icons/ saints. others do not go against the church faith