guys i have a huge problem abouna bought this up to me today

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
i have thought about this also before.. i am a former muslim and when i want to get married cause of my family they are still muslim and i am not and the christian family does not accept me cause my family is muslim i am stressed over this and worried idk what to say or do can you guys please give me advice god bless all of you.

Comments

• can you guys please give me advice like i am a former muslim now i am coptic and my family is still muslim when it is time to get married that will be a big issue dont you guys think? please help what is your opinions or advice on this please guys this is such a big problem i am thinking of
  • If your wife loves you, she would not judge you. You need to be someone she can trust. Then God will help her trust you, right? Maybe abouna is worried that your parents will try to convert you back to islam.

• Look, the fact that you were a former muslim really isnt the problem. I beleive the problem is that your surroundings(your family) still remain muslim. So its reasonable for Abouna to bring up such a topic. Hes trying to make you aware. But stay strong in your faith and work on your relationship with Christ right now. "Dont worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow for tomorrow will worry about itself.." Matt 6:34.

" Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?" Matt 6:27. This verse reminds you that God has a perfect plan for you and will ALWAYS take care of you, regardless of the circumstances. If you believe he will send u a wife whom is perfect for you. Who will trust you whole-heartedly and love you regardless of your past.

In the meantime, strengthen your relationship with Christ, so that you may be able to withstand the pressures of converting back, whether that may be due to family or other factors. By doing so, you will relieve your future spouse of any doubt  she may have in her mind. 
    Take care,
    adrianoc
  • [quote author=bigeee link=topic=7615.msg99970#msg99970 date=1233809479]
    i have thought about this also before.. i am a former muslim and when i want to get married cause of my family they are still muslim and i am not and the christian family does not accept me cause my family is muslim i am stressed over this and worried idk what to say or do can you guys please give me advice god bless all of you.

I wouldn't worry too much about the future, nor the past. Your in the hand's of the Almighty.. "all things are possible to him who believes.” (Mark 9:23) He is going to do the best for you regardless of your past/family. Just pray and leave it to him.

Your in my prayers.

Peace.
  • thank you guys for your adivce and prayers but we know the egyption mind set on alot of families his family is muslim oh no not good right of the bat what if i fall in love with the girl and she falls in love with me and her family rejects me just cause iwas born a muslim which is not my choice
  • Have faith and hope.

God is greater than all our circumstances.

Don't allow what might happen to diminish what God is already doing in your life.

Jeremiah 29:11  For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

In Christ

Deacon Peter
  • If it's God's will for you two to marry then it will happen.. like I said before, don't worry too much about it.

But here are a few suggestions to get you started: try to make a really good impression to her parents, show them that your faithful to God and the Church. It's also important that they know that your true love is God first, then her (i think the reason why they're rejecting you is because they're afraid their daughter will lose her Coptic faith.. your goal is to make sure they know that you love Christ more than her.. just not too obvious though, you still want to remain humble before God) And above all PRAY! PRAY! PRAY!

If her parent's still reject you, don't get upset.. God has a better plan for you!

Peace.
  • i'm not sure i understand, do u already have someone u want to get married to? if so i understand some families worry about this a lot. maybe they just need to know you better to see all the good work God has done in your life.
    i have a vietnamese friend whose wife is Christian but her parents are buddist. his family gave him a hard time about getting married to her, but he went ahead anyway and now they are all friends.
    i got engaged to someone from another country before my parents met him. i wasn't very popular for a while even though he was from a Christian family, but they got used to it eventually!
    so it takes time. may God give u peace like everyone else says in their posts, He has a way to fix things for your best.
    i have met someone whose dad was a Christian from a muslim family and his mum was from a Christian family (in asia) so that worked out well.
    i recommend u re-read all the posts, they are great, esp deacon peter's :)
  • ahh lol dnt wry..when the time comes all will be qood!

ubouna will def.  talk to the woman u wish to marrry.  and if she loves you its all qood/  just pray for this and that is all

+mahraeel+
  • Bigeee, you really enrich our forum because of your unique background. I have read to some of your posts in the past, we can learn a lot from you.
    Talking about your concern here is a story from the Bible that might be relevant to your situation. On the morning Jesus rose from the dead some of the women went to his grave. “On the way they were asking each other, “Who will roll away the stone for us from the entrance to the tomb?” But as they arrived, they looked up and saw that the stone, which was very large, had already been rolled aside.” Mark 16: 3-4
    Sometimes we worry about what is going to happen in the future. We gather all the pebbles ahead of us and accumulate them as a stone that can’t be moved. But as we see in the story God move the stone. God can move mountains.
    Bigeee, if the Holy Spirit has chosen to dwell in your heart, I don’t think a girl would resist or her family or anyone ;) But even if you face some resistance, “Be happy about it! Be very glad! For a great reward awaits you in heaven…” Matthew 5:12
    “Fathers can give their sons an inheritance of houses and wealth, but only the Lord can give an understanding wife.” Proverbs 19:14
    In Christ
    Theopilus