Aghapy TV

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
i heard rumors that Agaphy TV is changing satellites again.. from Galaxy 25 (97W) to Dish network? does anybody has more info on that.. do we have to pay to watch it after it geos on dish network? or are they gonna broadcast it on bother G25 and dish network? please share info if you know of anyting.. thanks

Comments

• Dear "one of the many Mina's",

All I know is that Aghapy is broadcasting on Dish Network soon, but I recently sent them an e-mail suggesting that they keep it on Galaxy 25! But do to Dish Network regulations, they may not have the option of doing that! But I hope they do! And yes, you do have to pay if they broadcast only on Dish Network!

Pray for me,
    abosefien
  • thats not cool.. it is good how it is now.. ctv and agaphy tv on the same bird.. do you no the reason for the switch?
  • I don't know for sure, but my guess would be that they can't afford to keep it on free-to-air! But when they move it to Dish Network, Dish Network pays them for the broadcasting, and then Dish Network charges the people whatever they want!

Pray for me,
    abosefien
  • i though so.. still not cool lol
  • I could ask around, give an answer in a few days...
  • It is definately moving to dish network and will not be broadast anymore on free-to-air or the internet as free streaming

pray for me
  • Yes thats what I thought but can you please note your source?

Pray for me,
    abosefien

• Noooo I just got satellite a week ago so I could watch Aghapy and CTV  :o
  • does anyone know what satellite you need to be able to access, i currently have access to 61.5 and 119, but not 118.7 which I believe is what Aghapy requires now on Dish.  This would mean i'd have to have a 3rd dish on my roof, can anyone confirm?
  • go on elmaqar.org today while it is still up it explains everything.

pray for me
  • Just an FYI: My parents recently called DISH and they said it was 4.99 per month (as stated) and that one of our dishes would have to be replaced ( I dont think added, but im not positive)

Keep me in you prayers
  • can you confirm if they are just replacing one of the dishes with another perhaps with multiple LNB's?  I currently have Dish networks, two dishes on my roof (i'm getting 61.5, and 119, I forget the third), and would like to avoid a third dish mounted.

• [quote author=Ray link=topic=7477.msg102506#msg102506 date=1241400134]
    can you confirm if they are just replacing one of the dishes with another perhaps with multiple LNB's?  I currently have Dish networks, two dishes on my roof (i'm getting 61.5, and 119, I forget the third), and would like to avoid a third dish mounted.

Ray, just call dish network and ask for info about Aghapy tv, Egyptian channel. the are officially part of dish network now for $4.99 a month. 
  • I heard you have to order it with arabic channel package
  • thanks mina, i understand its part of dish network :) the question is if i'm going to need a third dish, dish network customer service over the phone was iffy about that. 
  • its confirmed..one of the dishes get replaced (NOT AN ADDITIONAL ONE ADDED)..we just had it done...enjoy

pray for me