Long begining to Psalm 150 Kiahk!?!

edited December 1969 in Hymns Discussion
Hey guys a friend of mine came across this and we were wondering whats the origin of this hymn and if there are any known sources behind it?? What are your guys take on it? Here you go: http://tasbeha.org/media/index.php?s=Hymns/Fasts/Nativity/Cantor_Gad_Lewis/Liturgy/23_Alleluia_-_Psalm_150_-_Long_Tune.mp3

Comments

• [quote author=jydeacon link=topic=7373.msg97640#msg97640 date=1227768649]
    Hey guys a friend of mine came across this and we were wondering whats the origin of this hymn and if there are any known sources behind it?? What are your guys take on it? Here you go: http://tasbeha.org/media/index.php?s=Hymns/Fasts/Nativity/Cantor_Gad_Lewis/Liturgy/23_Alleluia_-_Psalm_150_-_Long_Tune.mp3

it's like any hymn. it is handed down by a LOT of sources. it's not like it's a rare hymn or anything ya3ny. it's a beautiful hymn and is one of my favorites.

we love this hymn so much, and the rest of the psalm in the same long tune, that we say all of  it long and we don't say the refrain (pimisi evol).
  • No i'm speaking of this one specifically check out the link its by Gad Lewis, I know of the normal long beginning to the psalm, but this one is 10 min on its own!
  • [quote author=jydeacon link=topic=7373.msg97643#msg97643 date=1227769422]
    No i'm speaking of this one specifically check out the link its by Gad Lewis, I know of the normal long beginning to the psalm, but this one is 10 min on its own!

oh. i just heard the full track. let me search about it a little. never heard it, atleast into this hymn. becuase thise sounds a little like Al-nos elil.
  • The beginning of this la7n/hymn for Kiahk is the hardest to learn. Its harder than any hymn in the Church. If you can do it - well done!! I envy you. Its really beautiful and worth the effort - but I usually skip it because not many people know it, and if I said it, I'd end up singing it alone.
  • [quote author=QT_PA_2T link=topic=7373.msg97673#msg97673 date=1227827699]
    The beginning of this la7n/hymn for Kiahk is the hardest to learn. Its harder than any hymn in the Church. If you can do it - well done!! I envy you. Its really beautiful and worth the effort - but I usually skip it because not many people know it, and if I said it, I'd end up singing it alone.

well i heard that from many people, even old experienced deacons.
    but to me and some freinds, it wasn't hard. we learned it like 4-5 yrs ago. we weren't  even 15 yrs old!
  • I never heard this long one before. any idea about it.
  • This hymn is NOT psalm 150 for kiahk! This is Alle el hoos, which is said after el Hos al kabeer. It was a mistake to put it in the liturgy section. Hope this clarifies things.

God bless,
    Tony
  • [quote author=Amoussa01 link=topic=7373.msg97686#msg97686 date=1227854493]
    This hymn is NOT psalm 150 for kiahk! This is Alle el hoos, which is said after el Hos al kabeer. It was a mistake to put it in the liturgy section. Hope this clarifies things.

God bless,
    Tony

is it exactly like psalm 150 keda? can u bring us another source please?
  • Mina if you listen to the whole track its from the 3rd alleluia on its not the same at all
  • [quote author=jydeacon link=topic=7373.msg97688#msg97688 date=1227855012]
    Mina if you listen to the whole track its from the 3rd alleluia on its not the same at all

got it. sorry for confusion.
  • [quote author=minagir link=topic=7373.msg97674#msg97674 date=1227830382]
    [quote author=QT_PA_2T link=topic=7373.msg97673#msg97673 date=1227827699]
    The beginning of this la7n/hymn for Kiahk is the hardest to learn. Its harder than any hymn in the Church. If you can do it - well done!! I envy you. Its really beautiful and worth the effort - but I usually skip it because not many people know it, and if I said it, I'd end up singing it alone.

but to me and some freinds, it wasn't hard. we learned it like 4-5 yrs ago. we weren't  even 15 yrs old!

Are u sure u have the right hymn?

This is a very complicated and intricate "alleluia" that leads up to the Psalm 150 style of this hymn during the towzea (Communion). Im talking about the way its done for the Communion during the 7/4 period.
  • [quote author=QT_PA_2T link=topic=7373.msg97763#msg97763 date=1228070720]
    [quote author=minagir link=topic=7373.msg97674#msg97674 date=1227830382]
    [quote author=QT_PA_2T link=topic=7373.msg97673#msg97673 date=1227827699]

Are u sure u have the right hymn?

This is a very complicated and intricate "alleluia" that leads up to the Psalm 150 style of this hymn during the towzea (Communion). Im talking about the way its done for the Communion during the 7/4 period.

Yeah QT, its really not that difficult, the first two alleluia's are nearly the same and third is not so too difficult
  • JY,

Its a really good intro, and the 7/4 style is really beautiful on top of that. If for you its easy, great. I did it once when I was around 15 years old, and since then, i didnt do it again. Bad childhood experience.
  • So, at the end. Is it Psalm 150 or not? I am getting confused. If it is not, then what is it and when is it said because I am interested in learning and saying it. Thanks.

Kyro
  • [quote author=kmeka001 link=topic=7373.msg98537#msg98537 date=1229619858]
    So, at the end. Is it Psalm 150 or not? I am getting confused. If it is not, then what is it and when is it said because I am interested in learning and saying it. Thanks.

Kyro

It is part of long Kiahk Hoos "hos Epshois". it is the end of it.
  • [quote author=kmeka001 link=topic=7373.msg98537#msg98537 date=1229619858]
    So, at the end. Is it Psalm 150 or not? I am getting confused. If it is not, then what is it and when is it said because I am interested in learning and saying it. Thanks.

Kyro

the confusion, other then the file is placed in the wrong folder and named wrong; in other recordings, there is no "al el-hoos" because it is recorded with the Great Hoos, being one whole hymn.