ANBA ANGELOS NEEDS YOUR HELP!!

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
Anba Angelos needs your help and all it takes is ONE CLICK

Just go to http://www.stevenage.gov.uk/blueplaque or
http://eforms.stevenage.gov.uk/ufs/ufsmain?formid=BLUE_PLAQUE_VOTE

Click on -> Online voting form

and choose "Coptic Cathedral" and click Finish

For more details .. Please read the message below from His Grace :))

You can vote as many times as you want .. so if you can .. go nuts and vote as many times as possible . meanwhile, plz invite everyone u know and if u can copy and paste this msg to all u're friends by email that would be greatly appreciated as well :))

Thanks and may God bless your service

-------------

Dear All,

Peace and grace to you from our Lord Jesus Christ.

I am writing to request your support for the nomination of the Coptic Orthodox Cathedral of Saint George for a commemorative ‘Blue Plaque’ from the Stevenage commemorative plaque scheme. Stevenage Borough Council asked the public to nominate places they think are significant and unique to Stevenage. They nominated 64 sites and the judging panel have selected a shortlist of 10. Stevenage Council will ask the public to vote for their favourite during November and the 5 sites with the most votes will receive a commemorative plaque.

I am delighted that the Coptic Orthodox Cathedral of Saint George has been included on the shortlist. It would be very nice to actually bring a Christian site into the public sphere and therefore I am writing to request your support by asking you all to actively support the Church by:

1. Printing and marking the attached voting form, and it back to the address on the form by 30 November, 2008.

2. voting online on the Council’s website, by accessing the following link http://www.stevenage.gov.uk/blueplaque by 30 November, 2008.

Please let us know of your vote or copy us in on your online vote at [email protected] so that we can keep track of numbers.

As voting is not limited to Stevenage residents, please forward this email on to as many people as you can.

I thank you for your support and I leave you in the love and care of our gracious Lord.

Bishop Angaelos

Coptic Orthodox Church Centre
Shephalbury Manor
Broadhall Way, Stevenage
Hertfordshire
United Kingdom
SG2 8NP

Comments

• basically, if you just go here

http://eforms.stevenage.gov.uk/ufs/ufsmain?formid=BLUE_PLAQUE_VOTE

and click on Coptic Cathedral - and then click "Finish".

You can vote as many times as you want, and its open to people outside Stevenage - that would include New Jersey and Tahiti. Get the picture?

To make it fun or interesting for you, you can time yourself to see how many votes you can send in 1 minute by clicking on the link, selecting "Coptic Cathedral" , clicking the Finish button, and reloading the webpage. Then, you can restart and time yourself again.

• [coptic]Kiwty pa ;wty pamenrit>
    Vai pe `vmoust etnanef - ]meu`i je anon ni`,rictianoc tyrou tennatoi ouoh ]tot `ntenmau qen `pjin`;recmou] eron qarof[/coptic]
    It is a good idea - I think that we all the Christians will share and help our mother when she calls on us to do that
    [coptic]oujai qen `P=[=c[/coptic]
  • God bless okaay i voted 5 times rite now=) GBU

+mahraeel+
  • It is possible that they may purge multiple votes  from the same computer with the same IP and provider that is entered within the span of few minutes. So to make sure the vote counts,I will vote ample x from different servers.Just a thought!
  • [quote author=Hezekiel link=topic=7367.msg97632#msg97632 date=1227744498]
    It is possible that they may purge multiple votes  from the same computer with the same IP and provider that is entered within the span of few minutes. So to make sure the vote counts,I will vote ample x from different servers.Just a thought!

Yeah, I was just thinking of the same thing so I will go to our 8 terminals & 2 servers & vote. By the way, I am a big fan of Bishop Angaelos' sermons. God bless him.

God bless,
    Paulos
  • GUYS!

ANBA ANGAELOS DOES NOT NEED YOUR HELP ANY MORE! Khallasss stop.. we crashed the web servers.

The city council called him to complain that the number of hits on their website crashed it.

Thanks anyway for trying to help your Church.

Please erase this thread.
  • [quote author=QT_PA_2T link=topic=7367.msg97646#msg97646 date=1227775593]
    GUYS!

ANBA ANGAELOS DOES NOT NEED YOUR HELP ANY MORE! Khallasss stop.. we crashed the web servers.

The city council called him to complain that the number of hits on their website crashed it.

Thanks anyway for trying to help your Church.

Please erase this thread.

ARE YOU SERIOUS? the web crashed? that is awesome... lol
  • That's not awesome, we got him in trouble with the local government. That website poll was for their town and local residents to vote, not for people who have never been there.
  • [quote author=SilentOne link=topic=7367.msg97685#msg97685 date=1227841019]
    That's not awesome, we got him in trouble with the local government. That website poll was for their town and local residents to vote, not for people who have never been there.

That's not true there silentOne.. the poll was for anyone.

• It was open for everyone, but one would figure the government would like people who live around there to have a bigger say on this rather than people 3000 miles away. That's just my thought; also voting more than once seems a bit unfair, don't you think?
  • [quote author=SilentOne link=topic=7367.msg97695#msg97695 date=1227886018]
    It was open for everyone, but one would figure the government would like people who live around there to have a bigger say on this rather than people 3000 miles away. That's just my thought; also voting more than once seems a bit unfair, don't you think?

On the contrary, the council is interested in tourists and visitors from all over the world who use stevenage. On the contrary, they'd be very happy to know that the Coptic Centre is used and visited by people as far as New Jersey.

Secondly, you raise an interesting question: is voting more than once OK?

well, the rules on their site do not say that you cannot vote more than once, and secondly, the email I got told me to vote more than once.

• Just wanted to let you know: The Coptic Church won the plaque. :)
    YAY!

• That's great!

By the way, what ever happened to the Coptic children in the U.K. who were placed with the Muslim family?
  • [quote author=user00 link=topic=7367.msg100571#msg100571 date=1235776015]
    That's great!

By the way, what ever happened to the Coptic children in the U.K. who were placed with the Muslim family?

Unless there's a top prize to be won, I'm afraid we cannot help them.

We've done a petition, and we only have around 3,000 signatures. It is not much. :(

Do you have any suggestions??