why lock the topic about obama and McCain?????

I'm sorry but i think it was a good thread. We were discussing about which one has a christian value!! what is wrong with that! Doesn't tasbeha.org want the world around us to be more influcenced by christianity and the gospel???!!  Come on pls unlock that thread! 

Comments

• I don't think it was appropriate to judge others, even though it was based on Christian values. I read this post yesterday and I didn't want to mention it before, but this is the answer to your question. Christ taught us to love one another and judge only ourselves, lest we be judged by Him on the Last Day.

Even with people around you, if you see something wrong, talk to them privately or discuss it humbly with Abouna rather than discussing it with a great number of people. We are all entitled to have our own opinions, but just remember that no one is perfect and we all make mistakes. Would you like to have people speak of how good or bad of a Christian you are??

Please remember me in your prayers and forgive me if I have spoken harshly with you.
  • Its not a big deal, I'm just concerned that it seems unclear to me which candidate is against gay marriages? Both seem to be for civil unions yet i'm so unaware whether Obama is for/against gay marriages??

Also, abortion: What is Obama's position?
  • [quote author=Marmoura99 link=topic=7264.msg96282#msg96282 date=1224957494]
    I don't think it was appropriate to judge others, even though it was based on Christian values. I read this post yesterday and I didn't want to mention it before, but this is the answer to your question. Christ taught us to love one another and judge only ourselves, lest we be judged by Him on the Last Day.

Even with people around you, if you see something wrong, talk to them privately or discuss it humbly with Abouna rather than discussing it with a great number of people. We are all entitled to have our own opinions, but just remember that no one is perfect and we all make mistakes. Would you like to have people speak of how good or bad of a Christian you are??

Please remember me in your prayers and forgive me if I have spoken harshly with you.

We are not judging others.  In domcracy, we have the choice to chose those who will lead us. We are just discussing what their policy toward certain issues are! And in democracy you do that.
  • [quote author=QT_PA_2T link=topic=7264.msg96295#msg96295 date=1224969854]
    Its not a big deal, I'm just concerned that it seems unclear to me which candidate is against gay marriages? Both seem to be for civil unions yet i'm so unaware whether Obama is for/against gay marriages??

Also, abortion: What is Obama's position?

Here is a clip on both their position:

• Im sorry if it appeared as if i was judging i was not. But yes, i dont think we should have closed the topic because we were discussing how it affected christains.  that was the whole point of teh topic? was it not? Again sorry for the misunderstanding=)

+mahraeel+
  • THis below is what egydave wrote in the other main thread. I think it is rediculous. Saying Obama is a Muslim is just plain wrong. I don't know what else to say about it.

I have been watching a lot of news coverage on the debates and from my point of view, it is clear that Barack Obama holds many Muslim principles in his life. He was taught the Quran in Indonesia at the age of 8, meaning he was raised with the Muslim principles and traditions. Guys please don't vote for Obama, he is a deceiver and will let Islam take hold of our country. This is how Islam works; they want to get control of the world. I know much about Islam and I am telling you that this is the subtle way it works. Very subtle, very sly! Do not ignore the thing you hear on T.V. about Obama's relationship with Ayers. They are friends, and we all know what Ayers said about September 11. " I don’t regret setting bombs,” Bill Ayers said. ”I feel we didn’t do enough.” It has been proven by the Washington Post that Obama entered into Ayers house, prior to elections. I'm sure Obama wasn't there to punish him for what he said about 9/11. Once again, Obama's pastor Jeremiah. He was the one that said, "God-damn America." By Obama saying he doesn't have strong relations with them and that this was at the age of 8 years old is a LIE! He attends Wright's church, i'm pretty sure he knows him well. We DO NOT want Islam taking control of the U.S. Please do not vote for Obama. McCain is a powerful man, not to mention he has a great deal of experience. McCain's Vice President Palin, is able to put fear into the eyes of the oil merchants. They are a great duet and will do America well. Please vote for McCain not Obama. If you don't trust me, go on the internet and research what I am talking about. Look at reliable sources!!! Thank You, God Bless your life.