h.s sunday school topics?

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
what do you think are great topics for h.s sunday school.  ones that gets everbody to interact.  besides peer pressure lol we juss did that yesterday... juss please give me a list if u can  of thinks interesting for teens.. i'd like to tel my teacher

+mahraeel+

thanks in advance

Comments

• Freedom
    How to deal with your parents
    Wisdom
  • what exactly do you mean by freedom and wisdom? please explain a bit more=)

+mahraeel+
  • Personal freedom and how to become wise.
  • The following site should help you with choosing topics
    http://www.sundayschoolcurriculum.ca/ <-Look at the Contemporary Issues section it's quite interesting or Gr.9-12
    http://www.suscopts.org/ssc/ <-Look at Gr.9-12

pray for me.
  • thankss of all nations! those were reallly helpful=)

+mahraeel+
  • How the devil tricks u. Like in high school they told us there were like ways the devil tricks u!! like distorting the word, etc.

another topic is taking some kind of verse in the bible and explaining it deeply. for example...........
    like how the Bible says turn the other cheek. Does that mean if someone is picking on u, u let them do it everyday? and y did Jesus Christ not turn the other cheek wen the king slapped him?

If i think of anything else i will tell u!!!!

Pray for me,
                                                                                       *Regretful+Sinner*
  • why didnt jesus give the other cheek?

• wat do u mean? like during cruxifixation?

+mahraeel+
  • the difference of earthly happiness and Heavenly happiness
  • lol these r great...keep in mind also topics that wuld get everybody talking, nd discussing nd debating=)))

thanks  in advance

+mahraeel+
  • usually it will help if u tell the class,"OPEN DISCUSSION!" then tell them ask any questions u want or choose a topic of ur choice and we'll talk about it! that is a way to get them all talking! if they choose a topic it would be easier than looking for a topic! that way they will talk give their own opinions and discuss!!!
                                                                                                  Pray for me,
                                                                                              *Regretful+Sinner*
  • so.. why didnt jesus give the other cheek?
  • well in sunday school our topic was war!!! is it nessary to have war? this is how this came up! if it says to give the other cheek does that mean that i can never stand up for myself? so if someone in school comes and beets me up i'll just let him/ her do it again and again everyday? then the sunday school teacher brought up, then y didn't Jesus turn the other cheek? the class didn't answer. then the teacher said ok then wen Jesus got slapped wut did He say? then the class answered and said He said y r u hitting Me. so the answer is that ur aloud to defend urself just like how Jesus did. Jesus never yelled back or fought back He just simply said Y r u hitting me? but defending back isn't giving attitude or cursing (even though ur not yelling), Jesus did it because He did nothing wrong He wanted to make the person in front of Him to wonder y he was doing that. that is wut i learned in sunday school!! hope i answerd ur question though!!
                                                                                            Pray for me,
                                                                                        *Regretful+Sinner*
  • regretful and sinner got it! hahha  :P

+mahraeel+
  • [quote author=mahraeel link=topic=7183.msg95166#msg95166 date=1223336050]
    regretful and sinner got it! hahha  :P

+mahraeel+

glad u got it!
  • god's will
  • hey is it an 'only girls' class?? or are u mixed with the boys?? if the class is only girls (like my one), and the class age permitts, then i usually see that the girls get soo enthusiastic wen they find a topic about particular relationships (most likely with guys).. like for example, the topic u brought up earlier about text msging ur crush and so on.. wat do u think??
  • [quote author=Trinity+ link=topic=7183.msg95281#msg95281 date=1223547055]
    hey is it an 'only girls' class?? or are u mixed with the boys?? if the class is only girls (like my one), and the class age permitts, then i usually see that the girls get soo enthusiastic wen they find a topic about particular relationships (most likely with guys).. like for example, the topic u brought up earlier about text msging ur crush and so on.. wat do u think??

that is a good topic to talk about. but from my experience, if it is for a high school class they proabably already heard that talk like a thousand times. that is in my opinion. the best thing proabably to be teaching high schoolers is to talk about how to get to the next sprirtual level in life. becuz soon they will be grown adults and if we teach them the same thing over and over again then they won't learn anything. i'm not saying that u have a bad topic!! i am srry if u understood it like that. but the only way to figure out if they learned about it is if we ask. or u can just ask them wut they want to talk about (just how i said before ,"open disscusion").
  • lol yea thats rite for both of u.  But if we were talking about that i think it wuld be okayy.. My class is mixed.  But i think it okaaay to talk to both genders because they'll both learn. 

but regretful and sinner, theres a problem with that.  sometimes it gets boring... u know wat ii mean. so we want to learn about things that deal with our lifee. get what im saying?? lol thanks

+mahraeel+
  • [quote author=mahraeel link=topic=7183.msg95298#msg95298 date=1223568688]
    lol yea thats rite for both of u.  But if we were talking about that i think it wuld be okayy.. My class is mixed.  But i think it okaaay to talk to both genders because they'll both learn. 

but regretful and sinner, theres a problem with that.  sometimes it gets boring... u know wat ii mean. so we want to learn about things that deal with our lifee. get what im saying?? lol thanks

+mahraeel+

ya i do get wut u mean but still it can't always be about life!!! right? u have to find a way to bring away to teach them about the next spiritual level but still have fun!!! it is hard!! I know it is!!!!
  • Haha yes thanks for your support.  You always make me happy thankss

+mahraeel+

keep commenting thankksss
  • [quote author=mahraeel link=topic=7183.msg95303#msg95303 date=1223569824]
    Haha yes thanks for your support.  You always make me happy thankss

+mahraeel+

keep commenting thankksss

ur welcome!!!!
  • anythingg else??

+mahraeel+
  • [glow=green,10,300]regretful and sinner got it! hahha  [/glow]

i didn't get it..........
  • [quote author=*Regretful+Sinner* link=topic=7183.msg95156#msg95156 date=1223327169]
    usually it will help if u tell the class,"OPEN DISCUSSION!" then tell them ask any questions u want or choose a topic of ur choice and we'll talk about it! that is a way to get them all talking! if they choose a topic it would be easier than looking for a topic! that way they will talk give their own opinions and discuss!!!
                                                                                                  Pray for me,
                                                                                              *Regretful+Sinner*

That is so true... I think an explanation of the liturgy is a good example...
  • wat do u meanan explanation of teh liturgy?

+mahraeel+
  • I think CoptMorous is saying ask the sunday school class what they think of the liturgy.. for example what do you think this part of the odas means? or Why do you think we do this? Keep it open discussion!
  • ohh okaay thanksss

+mahraeel+
  • How about the idea and importance of fasting?

pls pray for me and have a wonderful new year!
  • how about wut ur new yaer resolution should be!! like bringing urself closer to God! or how u could bring ur spiritual life a level higher!
    GBU!!