Siamese Twins & Baptism

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
Hello,

Im SO curious about this subject, and what happens. Its been really on my mind. Let's suppose you have a case of siamese twins where there are 2 heads and 1 body. So, that's two independent heads/minds, and one body.

What happens in the following situations:

a) That they want to get baptised? Does abouna baptise them once or twice?
b) What if ONE of them only wants to get baptised, but NOT the other?? WHat happens??  The person who does not want to get baptised will still need her body immersed in the water.

Thanks

Comments

• hahaha
    sorry but this is a funny topic...
    I personally have not seen or heard of coptic siamese twins...but an advice for parents who might have to deal with that in the future...seperate them first so that QT_PA_2T doesn't have to think about it too much  ;)
  • [quote author=Marianne87 link=topic=7031.msg93888#msg93888 date=1219183050]
    hahaha
    sorry but this is a funny topic...
    I personally have not seen or heard of coptic siamese twins...but an advice for parents who might have to deal with that in the future...seperate them first so that QT_PA_2T doesn't have to think about it too much  ;)

Yeah, but that still doesn't answer my question. How would u even separate them if they have 2 heads and 1 body.

How many times would they have to be baptised?? And what if one of them didn't want to get baptised!!??? What then!!!??

What are in the Church cannons concerning the baptism of Siamese or Cojoined Twins??
  • how would i know what the church cannons are?
    i was just commenting on the topic mesh aktar wala a2l
    with all due respect to members in this forum...but do u really think anyone on here can answer this question ? Just ask a priest or a bishop or anyone that study all of that stuff...
    i have a ques thou....why do u care aslan ? do u have a siamese twins ?
  • [quote author=Marianne87 link=topic=7031.msg93892#msg93892 date=1219185048]
    how would i know what the church cannons are?
    i was just commenting on the topic mesh aktar wala a2l
    with all due respect to members in this forum...but do u really think anyone on here can answer this question ? Just ask a priest or a bishop or anyone that study all of that stuff...
    i have a ques thou....why do u care aslan ? do u have a siamese twins ?

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=BkKWApOAG2g
  • Calm down...
    your message was so uncalled for...plus if you want to say something u could just say it here...no point in sending a pm and making a big deal out of it
    what good was my two posts ? they are not good at all but I was just curious as to what good is your original question that no one bothered to even answer u...haha ;D
    btw thanks for the youtube video...I have seen it before but what is your point? so what there is siamese twins I know that...how is that going to answer ur ques or be important to me?
    anyway...keep waiting for someone to answer it...i am not even going to bother

• Marianne,
    THe entire point of a PM is to avoid distraction of the topic. My PM was to draw your attention that u didn't add any value to this post.

You still haven't.
  • Firstly, if they both need to be baptised, both will be baptised by the same three dunks- since both are being submerged.

Secondly, if they were adults and one did not concede, than only one head will be covered by water, and receive the Chrism or Sanctifying oil.

However, that does not answer all questions.
  • when talking about baptism here remember the story of the saint (cant remember the name sorry) who baptised her son by anointing his head with her blood in a cross when she thought the ship might sink before her son gets a chance to be baptised. after that when the ship landed safely, the woman took her son to get baptised but whenever the priest would lift the baby to submerge it in the water the water would dry up. so everything does not have to be extra precise..its not genetic engineering lol. and in matters like that i think the priest can ask other priests and bishops and the pope might actually commince a meeting to discuss issues like that and come up with answers so they dont just do whatever they think.

also think about the conscience. if you pray and you are not trully convinced god is real and so on..then ur prayers won't be accepted and if u go have communion while you dont appreciate it you might not get its blessing (however god judges it) so if one argues with his twin that he doesnt wanna get baptised and the water touches him its not like a big deal to him because he doesnt believe in it right?
  • ur soo funny these r questions i ask nd ppl laughh.  i feel ur pain i really do lol great topic

+mahraeel+
  • i dont think its possible to have 2 heads and 1 body.
    Maybe they if they are just attached by skin and share some organs? that way they can be seperated.
  • i have seen soo many babies online with one body and 2 heads...search the internet!
  • they could easily be photoshopped images.
  • ye right!! ALL OF THEM??? and how about the videos??!!! (wait can u photoshop that..)well hope not!!!
  • i dont see any videos, and i dont see 1 body 2 head siamese twins, i see like 1.5 bodies 2 heads, stuff like that.
  • i saw the one with 2 heads in a video on tv i think...some time ago. why are you arguing about the existance of this anyway? lol
  • lol i am not arguing, it just sounds differently on the internet. I am actually in a very cheery mood haha.