WHATS

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
whats going to happin to the good people ou there who dose not bleave in jesus? they do what jesus ask us to do but they are not vhristian?

Comments

• I have asked this question before also. I was told that everybody in the world, regardless of religion, location or any other factors would be given the opportunity to know god. Whether or not they choose to accept god into their lives is up to them. In the event they are not Christians, but very good people and carry out their lives the way a good Christian would, God will open their eyes to Christ so that they might do his will. One must believe Christ was the son of god in order to be permitted into his kingdom.

I was told a story from the bible of a man who was a gentile. He was a very good man and lived his life as any Christian; only he didn’t abide by Christ. God sent him an angel to enlighten him and he was convinced of Christ. From that point he confessed that Christ was the son of god.

Forgive me for my generalities and lack of specific names or locations in the bible. I have much more to learn and I have terrible memory. :-[ Anyway, everyone is given chances to know god and to follow his word. Why they don’t take it can be a number of reasons; a love for sin is one of the greatest. For the present time, it might seem easier to follow a life of sin. One wouldn’t have to worry about self control or being morally correct. It may even seem rewarding; however the reward of eternal life is much greater. Staying in God’s way will keep us safe in the after life. Whereas those who lead a life of sin which may appear to be fulfilling will only find themselves feeling empty and be cast out on the day of judgment.
  • Nicely put Mark423!
  • Thank you sir :D
  • Hi, Once again I have to agree with Mark. But, I want to stress, that "admission" into heaven is based on one's deeds and innocence; "For of these [childeren] is the kingdom of heaven". So, I think that if you have the opportunity to discover Christ, and you pass it up, then you have denied yourself the right to salvation. However, if you have no access to Christianity, then perphaps that may be inadmissable. It is Ultimately upt to God!
  • Habiby Guirgis,

that cant be true, You must believe and be baptised to enter the kingdom of God.

"He who believes and is baptised will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned." Mark 16:16

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life." John 3:16

and again in John 3:18

"He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God."

ofcourse there are many many more,

God bless.

Marcleno
  • Hey Marcleno,
    I understand that very well. I never said that baptism didn't matter. It does matter. However, how can someone say that they live through Christ, and in his footsteps, if their actions are purely sinful. The way see it, being Christian doesent mean that you go automatically to heaven, it just means that you have the path and the direction ready for you to follow.
  • Hi Mark and all brothers and sisters in Christ

This is my first time to attend such a nice discution with you and I'm so happy because of your sprituality.

1- I completely agree with Mark's opinion Just I'd like to add that the story he mintioned is about Corenlius (act 10)

2- For more support to the idea that God enlight everybody by many ways we can read (Romans 1) where we listen about the natural law for those who don't have law

3- Finally, When we speak about natural law (i.e to know whether you are right or wrong by the voice of God in your hart) is for those who havin't got the chance to listen about God and Christianity but if you have chance to know the christ it is important to beleive hime and obey in love his commandments

peace and love from our Lord
    pray for me
  • Well this is all depends on how you really define christianity..
    I believe a real christian is someone who follows god's word and do all good to people and harm no one. Not everybody who call themselves christians are christians.
    I dont really have any facts or statements from the bible but I base it on my humble opinion :)

God bless you all.
  • Don’t get analytical. Someone who does good things and doesn’t cause people any arm surely is a very good person, nobody can argue that. But that doesn’t make them a Christian. A Christian must believe in Christ. Hence a CHRISTian…

Encarta Online Dictionary:

Christian:

1.   believer in Jesus Christ as savior: somebody who believes that Jesus Christ was sent to the world by God to save humanity, and who tries to follow his teachings and example

In order for anyone to be accepted into the kingdom of god they MUST believe in Christ and believe be was the son of god and the savior of us all. No matter how nice a person is or how many good things they do, if they aren’t baptized and don’t believe in Christ they will not receive eternal life. However like it was previously posted, if you are one of these good people who follow God’s word, he will intervene and open your eyes to the truth.

God Bless You All
  • Well i certainly dont care about the dictionaries :) I care about the bible and how Jesus describe christianity :)
  • Good call...