guys

edited December 1969 in Coptic Orthodox Church
my baptisem is just in about 2 weeks and i want to know ok what do you think it.. i am 21 years old born muslim converting to christanity.the other day this christian lady told me she enveys me cause there are not many people this young who convert or people convertting period.what do ou guys think of this?being that i live in jersey city heavy muslim area as well as christian. and so on.

Comments

• if your abouna feels that you are ready to be born again.....then their shudnt be any need to question that unless ur unhappyy or not readyy, if ur afraid n nervous thats a normal feeling for such a change

may the Lord bless u and keep u
  • [quote author=bigeee link=topic=6988.msg93376#msg93376 date=1217392862]
    my baptisem is just in about 2 weeks and i want to know ok what do you think it.. i am 21 years old born muslim converting to christanity.the other day this christian lady told me she enveys me cause there are not many people this young who convert or people convertting period.what do ou guys think of this?being that i live in jersey city heavy muslim area as well as christian. and so on.
    only do it if you are willing to goto church every week and live a life like christ
  • I would say, rather, "willing to will" and "willingly pray to pray willingly" haha. Sometimes we know we have to at least start a journey, not because we want to reach the destination, but we know that it is the right course. There will be times when you are not willing. So I would not necessarily make that preclude your conversion. But, to be a Christian, you have to be a "Muslim"- surrender yourself to the will of God (at least that is what I was told was the derivative of "Muslim"). We do the meta-nia ('meta'=change/transform, 'nia' from nous=mind--> transformation of mind to Christ's) and we pray "Our Father, who art in Heaven, Hallowed be Thy Name, Thy Kingdom come, Thy Will be done". However, in Christianity we become heirs of God (May the Lord have mercy upon us!); co-heirs with God the Son! That is what truly distinguishes us from the Mohammedans.

The Christian life is a journey. And we are helped by Three Persons, One God. One that gives you grace, One that shows you grace, and One that teaches you how to use that grace. As such, we must always "come to ourself", and ensure we are at least being sincere about "striving through the narrow gate".

May the Lord bless you and keep you.
  • The way I see it, if we provide the will, God provides the means.