I killed a spider now I feel bad.

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
I know ive killed many insects in the past but I think now maybe I dont need to kill them - only in self- defense maybe .. when im sleeping I can trust God will not let it harm me right?
but the thing is I feel I am acting stupid since others feel the spider should be killed or it will will harm them and I just let it go.

I think this was an imagination from the devil.

Comments

• Dear MikeforJesus,
    I have been through the same situation, only it was with pencils, lol, I know what your thinking I'm acting foolish, but 1 day in the past year or so, I was like, "What pencil should I choose, and then I chose 1 and I thought that the other one got sad, so I used the other one" It happened to me thousands of times, you can not imagine, I would overreact about any silly situation, just think about my pencil situation, I thought to myself, maybe this is a sign, and it's like when your 2 best friends are fighting and you want to be neutral, and they come up to you and ask you "don't you think I'm right and there wrong?, and then the other friend comes up to you and says do you think I'm right and there wrong? and then they ask you what side are you going to take, that's exactly how the pencil situation caught my head, and made me think for about 2 or 3 years now, it's a long period of time, but remember this, and how it could relate to the spider incident!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • copticservant that is really weird bro. so u r saying u have a guilty consious cause u used a pencil more than the other and u think that u shouldnt favor one so it doesnt feel bad. that is really wierd. ooh and mikeforjesus dont make it a big deal man, i noe u say that its like a insect and it was a creation of god and stuff, but i dont think its like a sin and stuff.
    peace
    dave
  • [quote author=Egydave link=board=1;threadid=2536;start=0#msg39474 date=1127783464]
    copticservant that is really weird bro. so u r saying u have a guilty consious cause u used a pencil more than the other and u think that u shouldnt favor one so it doesnt feel bad. that is really wierd. ooh and mikeforjesus dont make it a big deal man, i noe u say that its like a insect and it was a creation of god and stuff, but i dont think its like a sin and stuff.
    peace
    dave

Dear Dave, look I know I was silly for actually making a big deal over a pencil, but I was thinking about this and it actually made sence to me that it was like a message from God, and I figured that if I try to figure out this message, I will know a hidden treasure, not necessarily a treasure, but like a hidden secret that I need to figure out, on my own, that is a great lesson, for people who don't understand this, when I typed this, I understood how life can get you sometimes, but you need to be more glad that you can understand and feel the things around you, but mike listen if the spider didn't do anything to you don't kill it, just leave it in it's natural habitat!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • And are our homes its "natural habitat"? Do not think so.... ::)
  • Coptic Servent I think I know what u mean.. do u mean these things can be used as meditations ? like maybe u shouldnt favor that pencil because it looks better than the other... even though the same height for instance and that means u may be vain .. beauty is passing lol?

But we are allowed to appreciate beauty? so..... ???

But I think I shouldnt kill the spider next time.. I think maybe spiders can detect if your the type who will harm them or not.. maybe God makes it so.

Hahaha Is this silly?
  • Oops I forgot to tell u you spelt servant wrong ? instead of a you put e maybe u knew that but someone else has that name already?
  • Ya, someone has Coptic Servant, but they changed it to I think Sinful Servant, so I had Coptic Servent, yes and that was correct of an explanation good job, MikeforJesus!
  • dont worry about it man, god wont punish u in the final judgement for killing too many spiders
    but if it makes u feel better, let them slide sometimes ;)
  • lol of course God doesn't care if you kill spiders.. people had to kill whole animals, like sheep and cows in the old testament as a sacrifice..
    so its ok, because God gave us dominion over animals, insects etc. (psalm 3) Although God will protect us, animals are still flawed too after sin entered the world and can harm us..., so God understands why we do the things we do. He knows the reason you did it.
    But yeah just don't worry about it..

GBU,

laura
  • I know I am not like St Mark and some monks..but they could sleep next to lions without fear and the lions wouldnt kill them.
  • [quote author=mikeforjesus link=topic=2536.msg39470#msg39470 date=1127780502]
    I know ive killed many insects in the past but I think now maybe I dont need to kill them - only in self- defense maybe .. when im sleeping I can trust God will not let it harm me right?
    but the thing is I feel I am acting stupid since others feel the spider should be killed or it will will harm them and I just let it go.

I think this was an imagination from the devil.

Weren't you the guy that gave me the life-saving link of H.Holiness's book on repentance on the other thread concerning Punishment?

What happened?? You've changed?
  • I kind know how it feels, sometimes i can go on a killing spree and just kill all the spiders in my basement, and than sometimes ill look at a bug and instead of killing it ill feel bad so ill put in on a peice of paper and carry it outside to my backyard instead of killing it. I think its jsut the feeling that you should care about Gods creations, because even though the spider is no where near as important to God as us humans are, they are still his creations, and he does care about them. So should we. But its not a sin if you kill them cuz ur disgusted by them and dont want them in your home.
  • "Weren't you the guy that gave me the life-saving link of H.Holiness's book on repentance on the other thread concerning Punishment?

What happened?? You've changed?
    "

That was year 2005. My earlier years of receiving Christ and knowing about His redemption.

Thanks to this post I kill spiders now. lol. But I hardly see any. So I rarely kill any.

Why do you think ive changed? I knew about that book by our pope for a long time and I still read it and think its great.

Why? do you think I changed in a bad way. Is it related to trusting in God for protection.. which I should be able to do one day if I had faith in Christ?

But Ive changed.. because of doubts and I don't know if God will leave me and things will get worse in my life.. like evil coming in my life.. but sometimes I have faith thank God.. I am praying and there is still hope under the sun.

I sure like talking about myself

• Mike,
    You know me by now.. i'm a bit of a joker.
    I think your thread is very sweet dude.

I really grew a lot from reading the Pope's book on Repentance.. i mean, it helped me enormously. I just thought for u to be the only one to have read it amongst us and to have remembered that he talks about punishment in there is really something good. He not only talks about punishment but also how to repent. I thought if u read this, and u remembered it, you'd be way above this problem... God gave us the authority to trample on scorpions.. remember?
  • So I should repent for killing the spider? now I see that you are a joker for sure
    haha
  • no you should not repent for killing a spider , u tell tyour FoC that you care so muc about a dead spider, and ask him what to do.

i think it is the devil keeping you busy from thinking about real stuff....
  • this was written in the year 2005
  • my bad, but would you feel bad if you kill a spider now a days?
  • maybe just a bit.. but I would still do it.

• If it is a harmfull spider, or if it is a spider in a place where it doesn't belong like on my windsheld I KILL IT :D I kill it with my windsheld wippers :D bas first i press the water button to put water on the spider and then i KILL it :D!
    or if it is in my room bardo I kill it ........... cuz hello......... I don't want any baby spiders all over my stuff!!!

if i saw a spider on the kitchen floor, I take el gazma and BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM 3ala nafookho!!!! and them spiders can run ya fakeeeeeeek !!!! bas bardo i get them!! :)
  • LOL i have one question for you! Do you eat chicken and meat? Are they not also creations of God?  Did God not eat chicken and meat in his days?  So technically its the same thing.  But i do think those who kill hundreds of animals to make fur coats re wrong because we eat cuz we need to live.  ANd for insects well, some carry diseases and most die within a coupe of days anywayz dont u think?
    /
    mahraeel
    plzzz p4m sister in Christ
  • lol this thread is funny, sorry.

coptic servent whats with the pencils? just take 1 pencil in your pencil-case to avoid breaking the heart of the other pencil lol.

it depends on how sensitive you are, some people don't mind seeing blood and dead animals (yuck) but some others would start crying if they see a sick animal. nothing's wrong with that. we are human so thats why we feel things.
    believe it or not but i heard that on average people eat 2 spiders or something in their lifetime during their sleep. doesnt mean you'll feel guilty for the whole of your life. take it easy. nothing wrong with it.
  • God created us with souls and in His likeness
    he did not create animals and insects in his likeness

if he did not want us to kill spiders he would not let st Peter eat the meat in the vision from Christ
    he would not let jacob get the sheep from the cattle to give to isaac to get the blessing
    so dont feel bad
  • lol i hate spiders.
  • If insects have sense and can feel pain too, just like humans and animals, so then why is it abuse to kill an animal and it's not abuse to kill an insect?

PK