why is it that we say mean things we do not mean when we are mad

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
i seem to do it alot why is that i say so many things out of anger that i do not mean why i just do not get it esspecially to the people closests to me why is this

Comments

• I do that a lot too, but i think that the best thing to do when this is about to happen is to stop...think...then decide what to say.
  • We say it a lot to the people closest to us because we feel that if anyone will forgive us it's them....and also because we think that since we are so close they will know we do not mean it.  When it is someone you do not know well, you would probably hold your tongue because you don;t want to say something you'lll regret saying...and you don't know what they're capable of doing if they do not know you and that you didn't mean it.
  • Loss of control of emotions can ensue after anger, and this could be a reason.

pray for me

joe
  • [quote author=bigeee link=topic=6920.msg92668#msg92668 date=1215972454]
    i seem to do it alot why is that i say so many things out of anger that i do not mean why i just do not get it esspecially to the people closests to me why is this

I think, because:

"From the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks"

• When you get angered, the Devil takes advantage and makes you just say stuff that most probably you don't mean............  in Sunday School they told us: When you get mad, or angry, drink a cup of water (i am not joking) and say the Lord's name over and over in you rhead, or say "Our Father Who..." or the Salah 'el sahmeya"
  • Saint Peter became very angered! when Jesus told them whats gonna happen to Him, he was so angry that he rebuked Jesus! (not just anyone close to him... but his Master)

now did Jesus tell him good job?!

no, But He turned and said to Peter, “Get behind Me, Satan! You are an offense to Me, for you are not mindful of the things of God, but the things of men."

wait Peter the saint?!?! yes, the humans' anger defiles the thought, impairs the judgment! and makes us very vulnerable for the devil if he were to posses us, by his actions!  a human will reach wisdom much faster if they were to remain calm! and a human will judge the right judgment without anger!

what can you do?! I will tell you what I do!
    Pray, and i usually don't say that, but prayer does calm you down! and psychologically prayer has the same effect that yoga has on the human brain, so by prayer you're becoming stronger spiritual, and physically!

and another thing is read the bible (another thing I don't say much!) for that also calms you down and makes you wiser, for you are learning from God Himself... so imagine all these teachers that you took a little of their personality! now when you read the bible your teacher will be God... so you'll take his characteristics, and you will act like God... who is wise without a limit, even when He is in anger!
  • [quote author=coptic pharaoh link=topic=6920.msg92798#msg92798 date=1216143838]
    When you get angered, the Devil takes advantage and makes you just say stuff that most probably you don't mean............  in Sunday School they told us: When you get mad, or angry, drink a cup of water (i am not joking) and say the Lord's name over and over in you rhead, or say "Our Father Who..." or the Salah 'el sahmeya"

I say abana el lazy when i get angry :) it works, and when i get angry all over again after it I say it again :D :P!!!

Bas i haven't tried that water thing........ humm..... i should try it next :D